To those of you that live in Toronto or have been there....

I'm going to Toronto for four days,three nights with some friends and family as our Spring break. Where are some cool places to visit and any fun things to do there?
Shopping stores (any sneaker or clothing boutiques?)...Restaurants...Parks...etc?
nerd.gif

CN tower, chinatown for cheap/good food. Downtown Toronto for the tourist ares.uhmm....that's all I remembered.
try the regional forums.

I didn't know Toronto was so crowded
eek.gif
...it looks like a more crowded version of Downtown DC

Is it hard to get a Canadian visa as an American? I've never even been there but have only heard good things, and it just seems like the type of place I could live in without even visiting...

I work for JPMorgan Chase if that makes a difference to immigration.

All I remember was some huge mall called the Eaton Center...its pretty much downtown in the center I guess...I would start there and work your way out..

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I didn't know Toronto was so crowded
eek.gif
...it looks like a more crowded version of Downtown DC
oh yea man, it's very similar to nyc.

How old are you and where are you from? Also help to know where you're gonna be staying by.

Originally Posted by quik1987

How old are you and where are you from? Also help to know where you're gonna be staying by.
I'm 17, and I don't know where we're gonna stay yet.

Ok, I was just checking to see if you will be going out to clubs and bars and stuff. The drinking age here is 19.

Anyway, since you're not from Canada. Try to get some poutine from smokes poutinerie.

We have one of the largest chinese communities in north america, so our chinatown is one of the biggest and food is among some of the best.

Toronto is also very multicultural, so you can try a wide range of foods, (indian, Caribbean, italian, japanese, korean, thai etc)

You can get to a lot of places using public transportation and the subway.

check the weather here before you come and dress accordingly.

The canada forum has an alright shopping guide for downtown.

Ok, I was just checking to see if you will be going out to clubs and bars and stuff. The drinking age here is 19.

Anyway, since you're not from Canada. Try to get some poutine from smokes poutinerie.

We have one of the largest chinese communities in north america, so our chinatown is one of the biggest and food is among some of the best.

Toronto is also very multicultural, so you can try a wide range of foods, (indian, Caribbean, italian, japanese, korean, thai etc)

Do not go on Spadina aka Chinatown to eat ANYTHING!

The weather this week is going to be really nice. Light jacket and  hoody weather.
smokin.gif
But ya more help in the Canada Forum.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

CN tower, chinatown for cheap/good food. Downtown Toronto for the tourist ares.uhmm....that's all I remembered.
try the regional forums.
Theres a tower downtown? I knew it.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Do not go on Spadina aka Chinatown to eat ANYTHING!

The weather this week is going to be really nice. Light jacket and  hoody weather.
smokin.gif
But ya more help in the Canada Forum.

I didn't necessarily mean the best chinese food was in chinatown. They were meant as independent statements. There are clean quality chinese places in chinatown that aren't rat infested contrary to what citytv say. I assume you're not chinese or eat there if you making comments like that. Anyway, the better places for chinese food is in markham/richmond hill.

anyway, to OP

If you interested in seeing the biggest asian mall you've ever seen, go to pacific mall

I didn't necessarily mean the best chinese food was in chinatown. They were meant as independent statements. There are clean quality chinese places in chinatown that aren't rat infested contrary to what citytv say. I assume you're not chinese or eat there if you making comments like that. Anyway, the better places for chinese food is in markham/richmond hill.

anyway, to OP

If you interested in seeing the biggest asian mall you've ever seen, go to pacific mall
Yeah, I think we're gonna definitely check out that mall. And we will definitely eat some Asian food since we're Vietnamese.

And appreciate the help quik1987
smile.gif
. And if anybody is around the area, I'll be wearing red Supreme blazers the whole four days out
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Is it hard to get a Canadian visa as an American? I've never even been there but have only heard good things, and it just seems like the type of place I could live in without even visiting...

I work for JPMorgan Chase if that makes a difference to immigration.

a passport would do. It's the US customs that are picky like a mutha...

Theres a tower downtown? I knew it.

this guy
laugh.gif

woah, i'd be weary of going to pacific mall, at least if you're driving. My chinese driving instructor called it a china zoo and he himself won't even drive there haha, yea it's a bit of an exageration, but be warned...

Back
Top Bottom