To Those Of You Who "Worry" Too Much ...

if you worry about something that you cant control, why worry about it? if you worry about something you can control, why worry about it?

Hm, what if worrying about things is a habit? How do you look ahead of these kinds of things?

I'm one to worry a lot
frown.gif

because anticipation gives you the right to feel that way....whenever the object of your worries is intangible, you really are holding your breath until thingsgo the way you want them...

but if you cant control the way things are going, why would you worry about them? why not accept what is to come and save your frustration?

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Hm, what if worrying about things is a habit? How do you look ahead of these kinds of things?

I'm one to worry a lot
frown.gif

i would say once you find yourself worrying, ask yourself if you can control what youre worrying about ... if the answer is yes, then do something about it toENSURE that you dont have to worry ... if the answer is no, then theres no reason to worry in the first place because whatever is going to happen will happenregardless of how much you worry or dont worry ...

Originally Posted by solemunchies

I'm one to worry a lot
frown.gif
its all about what you've been through in your past, and home many times you've been through them....
if something is new to you and is causing you to worry....then thats fine, but if you worry alot....then you may have a bad case of anxiety, which might be achemicle embalance in your brain, and may cause you to seek help or medication....

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

but if you cant control the way things are going, why would you worry about them? why not accept what is to come and save your frustration?

that's much easier said than done.

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

that's much easier said than done.
i mean when i look at it it doesnt even make logical sense to worry about something you cant control ... say you go to a job interview and youfeel you put your best foot forward and are awaiting a phone call ... how could you worry about that? its counter productive ...

point taken. i think i worry more about the uncertainty of an occurance coming to pass than i do about things that actually (have) happen(ed). kind of likeregretting a mistake, it won't change that it happened, but hopefully it will stop the same one from being repeated...

Originally Posted by dunks87

point taken. i think i worry more about the uncertainty of an occurance coming to pass than i do about things that actually (have) happen(ed). kind of like regretting a mistake, it won't change that it happened, but hopefully it will stop the same one from being repeated...
i can dig it ... and i admit it is difficult, but i just started to take a different outlook on life and realized if i can control something theni have nothing to worry about, i just need to get off my @%$ and do something about it ... and if i cant, then no need to worry ...

like i said this is more for people who worry too much ... i remember i was completely comfortable with public speaking in high school and when i got tocollege i would worry like crazy and i didnt know why ... i finally realized itw as because i wasnt prepared like i should have been, hence something i couldhave controlled ...

Back
Top Bottom