To ZIPLOC or not to ZIPLOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Brandonfrito

Just wear your shoes lol. The glue wont hold forever so wear them while you got them and be fortunate that you have them. That is what I do.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Doesn't leaving them in a opened ziplock seems just as effective as leaving them in the box? I keep them in the box with the box in its bag i got em with, simple enough alongside a casual wear with a frequent cleaning

I only use zip-loc for shoes i don't have the box to . But not having leather breathe can be bad for the shoe .

Ziplocking is not needed. All shoes eventually yellow. Anyways, ziplocking only degrades the shoe and once you wear it, it will most likely crumble on the first wear.

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

Here are my DS '00 Infareds. I use saran wrap on the whole shoe. I've seen icier but I think mine still look pretty good. I still feel comfortable that they could be worn as well. I keep my house a steady temp all year round so that may help as well.

j6in.jpg

Very nice, mine are like that as well.

Here's my 2000 White/Fire-Red V. I've had these for more than half a decade and all I do is keep them in my cool/dark closet.
The yellow lighting makes them seem a little yellow, but you can clearly tell how icy they are. 

6157203527_800a2afcef_z.jpg

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

"so that your shoes' leather can breathe"

Shoes don't have lungs.

From my experience simply placing the shoes into a zip loc bag doesn't seem to do a whole lot to prevent yellowing. Perhaps slow it at best. Shoes that I've wrapped in saran wrap on the other hand have really stayed clear for a much longer period of time.
And then this happens..... 
air-jordan-9-olive-crumbled2.jpg

air-jordan-9-olive-crumbled.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 to the shoes...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 to the response...

Originally Posted by imui for2oh

I would be devastated if that happened to my olive IV's...
way to dig that grave, guy.
don't worry, you'll certainly avoid any devastation since olive iv's don't exist.
a few more posts and you can sell your vvvvvvvvvnds olive iv's in the b/s thread. hooraaaaaay!!!

don't ziploc your shoes, folks. all it does is dry up the leather, rubber, plastic, etc.
if you want to slow the yellowing just keep them in a cool, dark, dry place.
otherwise, just wear them.

I've always just placed my kicks in ziplock bags but never sealed them, then place a silica pack in the corner of the box. I live in Florida so I use damp rid in some storage places of my house that get extra humid in the summertime. That being said, I would never shrink wrap or seal my kicks up for an extended period of time. I also wear my kicks and think that a little wear goes a long way in actually preserving them.

have never wrapped my shoes in saran wrap or put them in ziplock bags.. have over 200 pairs that are still looking great and even my DS pairs have stayed fresh..  i think all these ideas are just pipe dreams and really don't have any truth or factual evidence behind them..  like others have said.. rock your kicks, clean them up and toss them back in the box.. no need to get too fancy and make something a bigger issue than it needs to be.. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom