Todd McShay's 1st Mock 2010 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by dreClark

Yes, they have missed on some DL prospects, but can you really afford to pass on a guy like Suh?
if they pass on Suh for anyone else, that would be a HUGE mistake. Yeah, the rams have had tough luck w. some of the guys they've selectedfor the DL in the past, but he's as much of a "can't miss" prospect as you can get. I don't see how anyone with the #1 overall wouldpass on the guy.

*anyone else with me on the QB class being EXTREMELY weak?

*Gunna...how do you figure Tate isn't a 1st round pick? He's more polished than many of the other dudes who have gone in round 2 over the past coupleof seasons. The ONLY thing that could be a negative is his size. But he plays much bigger than his listed 5'11"....arguably one of, if not THEhardest WR to bring down after the catch in college football....reminds me a lot of Steve Smith

Size, route running, lack of top end speed. (In reference to Golden)

Bay-Bay is a Round 1 talent, but he's gonna have to show at his workouts, that he can run more than a go route. That's the only thing that is reallyholding him back. As far as a physical specimen goes, ain't too many better.
plus DT is DEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP this year
DT may be deep, but what is the drop off from McCoy/Suh to the next best DT ?

Yes, they have missed on some DL prospects, but can you really afford to pass on a guy like Suh?

with the History of DT been picked high coming out as bust would you take one high?

30.png

[h6]Minnesota Vikings[/h6]
Record: 11-2

min.gif

Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

Price is said to be leaning toward entering the upcoming draft. He's a quick and powerful defender who could provide some much-needed depth behind aging starters Kevin Williams and Pat Williams.

frown.gif
frown.gif

Can Bowman play CB? That picks makes absolutley no sense for Atlanta. Our biggest need is obviously CB and if the value isnt there they go with a DE. Abrahamhaving a down year this season and Jamaal Anderson is done

To me Dre, you have no choice You gone end up lookin like Matt Millen. He knew after a short while that Rogers,and Mike Williams were not gone domuch. He knew Roy wasnt a number 1, and he took Calvin. You start trying to make up for past draft mistakes the first few years after seeing a guy play youaskin to get run out of town. Even if its a new staff.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

if they pass on Suh for anyone else, that would be a HUGE mistake. Yeah, the rams have had tough luck w. some of the guys they've selected for the DL in the past, but he's as much of a "can't miss" prospect as you can get. I don't see how anyone with the #1 overall would pass on the guy.

*anyone else with me on the QB class being EXTREMELY weak?

cus if he turns out to be Dan Big Daddy Wilkinson... [Chi Town in Players club] Trouble Trouuuble [/Chi Town]

Size, route running, lack of top end speed. (In reference to Golden)

Bay-Bay is a Round 1 talent, but he's gonna have to show at his workouts, that he can run more than a go route. That's the only thing that is really holding him back. As far as a physical specimen goes, ain't too many better.
DT may be deep, but what is the drop off from McCoy/Suh to the next best DT ?

Dre...don't you think that if Tate is there towards the end of round 1, someone would take a flyer on him? I mean #%*%....Anthony Gonzalez snuck intoround 1 a few years back, and Tate is MUCH better than him.....

Dre hit the nail on the head. If the drop off aint that bad, and your sure McCoy is gone be good you trade out...

I like Tate, but he has got to run fast to hit Round 1

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
EB to the Browns ... *facepalm
That's what I'm talkin' about...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...It's Suh, Berry, or BUST for the Browns in the 1st round as far as I'mconcerned and I prefer EB.

And the Rams deserve to get moved to Los Angeles if they draft Locker #1 overall. Seriously.

Jake Locker as the #1 overall pick? Does Todd McShay have editors, or does anyone over there bother reading any of his garbage before its published?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Dre...don't you think that if Tate is there towards the end of round 1, someone would take a flyer on him? I mean #%*%....Anthony Gonzalez snuck into round 1 a few years back, and Tate is MUCH better than him.....
Maybe.

But that draft was ******ed though. I think that's the year when like 7 WR's went 1st round or some $%!% like that. If had been a draft like this oneis projected where there is only 1 sure fire Rd. 1 WR pick, and so a WR would have to sneak in to the 1st, Gonzalez wouldn't have been a 1st round pick.

So of course there is a chance that it happens. He won the Freddy B. award for Christ's sake. He's gonna get the Smitty comparisons. But I'm justnot sure it's going to happen. Fact is, if you poll x number of people, there are varying opinions on who the true #2 WR in the class is.

And FTR Anthony Gonzales was the goods at OSU and he went to a team where he would be able to play the slot, which is his best position in the L.

We've seen Mays get caught out of position far too often to move him ahead of Berry or Thomas. However, it's rare to find defensive backs with Mays' size/speed combination, and he would be an upgrade for the Cowboys.
Right, so he's big and fast, but is never in position to make plays.

They literally said nothing about him being able to play football.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dont they already have this bum in uniform.............Pat Watkins....
nerd.gif
....single shot fired
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya, but PW22 > Mays
smokin.gif

No Canes or Noles in the 1st round......3 gates in the 1st
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Damn you P-Rob
mad.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

49ers need to take Dez Bryant.

That would be Nasty...

Your sucess rate w/OK State wideouts says otherwise.

We've seen Mays get caught out of position far too often to move him ahead of Berry or Thomas. However, it's rare to find defensive backs with Mays' size/speed combination, and he would be an upgrade for the Cowboys.
Right, so he's big and fast, but is never in position to make plays.

They literally said nothing about him being able to play football.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dont they already have this bum in uniform.............Pat Watkins....
nerd.gif
....single shot fired

Taylor Mays?
sick.gif

We need secondary help but he ain't it.

And why are people so fixated on Jake Locker?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He's gonna get the Smitty comparisons.
Wes Welker on steroids in the right fit.

Just as I start to somewhat see the Smitty %*@+ you've been harping on for 2 years in reference to Golden, you switch to Wes Welker.

Wes has superior quickness and routes tho

For him not to be some athletic beast, Tate runs some ugly routes. He just makes up for them w/ his sick hands

Originally Posted by toine2983

Taylor Mays?
sick.gif

We need secondary help but he ain't it.

And why are people so fixated on Jake Locker?

Cause for the past 5 years people have been looking for Steve Young... He would be the dumbest man on the planet if he was projected to be number one and didntleave this year. Even if he were drafted # 1 next year he would still lose 20 million

Scott Frost wrote:

Jake Locker as the #1 overall pick? Does Todd McShay have editors, or does anyone over there bother reading any of his garbage before its published?

He cant be any worse than stafford

Back
Top Bottom