tomorrow is monday vol. i aint wanna work

Naw. I love Monday. Everyone is tired and pissed off and I walk in like I just got my **** sucked. Their ineptitude makes me look that much better. Bring that **** on. Y’all perpetually miserable dudes get the **** outta my way :pimp:
working from home got no one to impress papi :lol:

9C91E87B-CF99-447D-8750-1358BC10E8E7.jpeg

I been saying we need to push to get four day work weeks. People would be more productive and businesses would save money. Lately been in a funk just feeling like I'm working to die. Just no time to actually live and experience life as all of my productive hours and energy devoted to company who could care less.

Just trying to grind and stash as much as possible to be able to retire young and just live a minimalist existence and spend time with people I care about.

I been saying we need to push to get four day work weeks. People would be more productive and businesses would save money. Lately been in a funk just feeling like I'm working to die. Just no time to actually live and experience life as all of my productive hours and energy devoted to company who could care less.

Just trying to grind and stash as much as possible to be able to retire young and just live a minimalist existence and spend time with people I care about.
That would only make people talk about Tuesdays like we do Mondays. If anything, take a page out of some of California’s school systems and make Wednesdays half days.

Get a new job

Last time I checked, the company isn’t going to go out of business if you use some PTO to take a personal day to decompress.

On vacation but lawd I can already feel the impending, soul crushing weight of getting back to the U.S. grind. Working all the time is big trash.

Def need to find some steady, well-paying online work so I can work from anywhere. I could deal with work much better if I knew I didn’t have to be tied down to the same place, looking at the same clown *** coworkers every damn day.

4 day work week is never happening here man. :lol:

sure a couple places might do it but then the next place will run 7 days a week.

4 day work week is never happening here man. :lol:

sure a couple places might do it but then the next place will run 7 days a week.
Actually 3 off and 4 on is becoming popular. I’m just not about the 10/12 hour work days.

Never be scared to use the PTO..... I used to be nervous but my job gives me 3 weeks to start the year , and they told me use that ****, they wouldn’t give us more than they wanted us to take

I’m fine with the 10 hour days if it means a 4 day work week. Hell I wouldn’t mind doing 3 days a week at 12 hours a day.

3 days off, I can travel and do things on my days off without feeling rushed. I can always call out if I need an extra day as well so I would be all for that.

Some places do work 4/10s (10 hours. 4 days a week). Most I know find it preferable to five days a week.

I know some places also only do half a day on Friday.

Damn I didn’t know that. I’d be fine with that.

I need time off but I don’t mind long days. I’m not on unemployment because I don’t have a job, we just only work mid April to thanksgiving. I told them to call me last back to work. I could be working now but not if I don’t have too. :lol:

at my old job i saved up so much PTO
towards the last yr, i just started using it for random days

Last time I checked, the company isn’t going to go out of business if you use some PTO to take a personal day to decompress.

I use my PTO to decompress, but the problem is missing a day for me just means the rest of the week is playing catch up for time missed.

Get a new job

That's definitely in the plans, but honestly once you hit a certain age and have so much experience in one field it's tough to really branch out to something new. My problem is I hate the industry I work in and that's all I'm really qualified for. It's my bad for allowing it to get to this, but I'm just drained and affecting my mental health.

I use my PTO to decompress, but the problem is missing a day for me just means the rest of the week is playing catch up for time missed.

That's definitely in the plans, but honestly once you hit a certain age and have so much experience in one field it's tough to really branch out to something new. My problem is I hate the industry I work in and that's all I'm really qualified for. It's my bad for allowing it to get to this, but I'm just drained and affecting my mental health.
Find ways to work in your skill set in a position you want. There’s no reason to work in a job you hate. I’m not saying it’s easy or that it’ll be a quick change, but work towards it. NOW

sounds bad mane, move towards a new careeer if you have to
I gotta ask--what do some of ya'll do for a living?
information/cyber security

I feel you. I am in IT as well and hitting that "I dont e'em wanna be here or do this" wall, and I am working from home. I have it easy too, I just think I get tired/bored/burnt out faster now, so maybe next time I get a good offer I should just bolt again and see if I can get 6-12 months out of them.

Lowkey, we both spend all our work day on the computer already so we just have to find things we can do from our computer/cell phone to make money while working.

I work 4 10s M-Thur but the last 2 weeks they've made Fridays mandatory OT.

And for those talking about PTO... most jobs need advance notification prior to the usage.

I can't just wake up and be like "I dont feel like coming in today.... PTO me" without it not counting on my attendance record.

Pardon my ignorance, what's PTO? I'm in England and not a term I've heard at work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom