Tony Parker Leaves Nike, Signs With PEAK In 3-Year, $1.2 Million Deal

Not a surprise, just another baller who went thru a divorce and now he is taking a cash grab by signing with a chinese shoe company..

D. Wade just made the move after his nasty split

Steve Nash has a nice arrangement that allows him to wear nikes, but he signed with a chinese sneaker company

Jason Kidd made the move after his split, but he came back to the swoosh when the deal was up

maybe im looking to far into, but its a nice way to recoup what u lost in a divorce

The all white with #9 on the heel tab peaks( don't know which model)

As far as seeming to be Nike, what in the world does that mean? Dudes contract was up, Nike wasn't making stuff for him for the last 2-3 years, and Peak was giving him more money. Why not? Trust me, he lives like a king in this godforsaken town. His divorce didn't hurt him financially by the looks of his estate (world class tennis court, a soccer pitch, and 40,000 living space and a small guest house- which Boris Diaw rents out.

this just goes to show that nike doesn't pay it's athletes very well as compared to other shoe companies. i guess they feel like it's such a privilege to rock nikes that part of ur pay is that u get to wear nikes?? :lol:

i know ppl wanna look good on the court, but at the end of the day it's about getting paid. just rock nikes OFF the court and get that $$ ON the court from them chinese companies.

i think it's a trend that early on athletes want to be signed to nike/jb. but once they're signed they realize that getting tons of free nikes that they can now afford to easily buy is not much incentive to accept such contracts. although jb did just give rus westbrook $5 mil, but he seems to be the exception as of late.

obviously there won't be many more if any ppl getting contracts like kobe or bron has.

i know ppl wanna look good on the court, but at the end of the day it's about getting paid. just rock nikes OFF the court and get that $$ ON the court from them chinese companies.
You're right. The only thing I'm questioning is the on-court performance and durability of Peak shoes vs. Nike.

^^ well it might not do well here but in China they will sell and China has a lot more people than the US so there is  more profit, also with all the money he makes from the endorsement he can buy all the nikes he wants and still have money left over, so imo its a win for him 

Last edited:
Seems the only player to leave Nike while in their absolute prime was KG. Most of the guys that leave are all washed up and elder statesmen that aren't what they once were.

Back
Top Bottom