Tony Parker out at least 2 weeks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3689164

SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker sprained his left ankle Friday night against Miami andis expected to miss at least two weeks, adding more misery to the already short-handed Spurs.

The NBA's leading scorer rolled his left ankle while driving for a layup late in the first quarter, then winced and stayed crouched on the baseline forseveral seconds before collapsing behind the basket.

Parker sustained a moderate lateral ankle sprain and will probably be out more than two weeks, said Dr. Paul Saenz, a team physician. An MRI was expected tobe performed Saturday.

The team said X-rays were negative.

tough luck SA
sick.gif

This is going to really hurt the Spurs (obviously). With Manu still out, and no one else stepping up, it looks to be a LONG start for the Spurs. I wonder ifthese guys can even crack top 5 in the West.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Gilbert Arenas, Greg Oden, and Tony Parker are now killing my fantasy team

You can drop Gilbert... dude ain't gonna be back for 2 months.

I drafted Gilbert knowing he wasnt gonna play but Oden & Parker wasnt expected

The Spurs need to make some kind of move fast.

It's a good thing the Spurs team is just plain sorry outside of Tim Duncan now, because he would be catchin it.

time for the spurs to tank again to draft the next great big man on next year's draft. Its about that time anyway.. 10 year span from Robinson to Duncan,and now we're in Duncan's 10th or 11th year

First of all, this is a big blow to the Spurs..they were already pretty dismal WITH Parker..w/o them they will be straight embarrassing. Ya'll thought theywere boring to watch with Parker and Manu? Think of how it's going to be without them
laugh.gif

By the way, can we keep the fantasy basketball stuff out of here
eyes.gif

I almost feel bad for the Spurs, until I realize I'm a Rockets fan and I'll be in the same boat in less than 2 months.
laugh.gif

It is being said that he is going to be out at least a month now.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Spurs' Parker on crutches, out a month with grade 2 ankle sprain
[/h1]
SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker will be out about four weeks with a sprained left ankle, a critical blow to the San Antonio Spurs, who are off to their worst start in 12 years.

An MRI taken Saturday confirmed the injury to the Spurs' star guard, who was hurt during a 99-83 loss to the Miami Heat on Friday -- two nights after scoring a career-high 55 points against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Parker was driving for a layup when he rolled his ankle.

The 26-year-old Parker was using crutches and wearing a protective boot while watching Sunday's practice. He was second in the league in scoring behind LeBron James at 27.4 points per game.

The Spurs are 1-4 and play at home against the New York Knicks on Tuesday. In 1996, they opened the season 1-5.

Parker will be replaced by either rookie George Hill or 12th-year veteran Jacque Vaughn. Hill took Parker's place against the Heat.

"You'll probably get to see George play a lot," Spurs president R.C. Buford said. "We'll continue to evaluate not only our team, but the NBA market as we go along. Our guys have been encouraged with what George has done to date."

One of the last cuts the Spurs made in the preseason was fourth-year point guard Salim Stoudamire, who has not been signed by another team.

The Spurs are also missing Manu Ginobili, who is expected to be out until December while recovering from ankle surgery. He participated in cutting and shooting drills during Sunday's practice.

"I don't think we can comment on Manu other than to say that he continues to progress as prescribed," Buford said.

Hill has played 35 minutes since being drafted 26th overall out of Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. He played 10 minutes after Parker left Friday, missing three shots from the floor. He finished with one point, an assist and a turnover.

The 33-year-old Vaughn was inactive, though no injury was listed. He dressed but did not play Wednesday at Minnesota. He averaged 10 minutes in the Spurs' first four games this season.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3692126http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3692126

Salim
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom