top 10 most underrated/underappreciated MC's of all-time

m16

Banned
I'm leaving out all the really underground people.

10. AZ
9. Black Thought
8. Sean Price
7. Killah Priest
6. Del tha Funkee Homosapien
5. Pharoahe Monch
4. Bahamadia
3. Tragedy Khadafi
2. Masta Ace
1. Big L

Honerable Mentions:

Buckshot
Bushwick Bill
Big Boi
Busta Rhymes
Xzibit
ODB
Cormega
Royce
Beanie
Redman
MC Shan
B-Real

1,2,3,5,9 & 10 I'll agree with. A lot of the honorable mentions also but Bushwick Bill and ODB were garbage and I highly enjoy ODB's antics.

Add Crooked I to that list

Bushwick Bill is not garbage. Go listen to "Only God Knows". He is just slept on because of Scarface taking the shine in the Geto Boys. Neither isODB, sure dude had his antics but he could drop real ill verses whenever he wanted. Not to mention a classic/near classic solo album. I'll give Crooked anhonorable mention. He still needs to do more though, everyone on that list is more accomplished than him.

I left off the more underground artists, otherwise that would be my whole post. Let me add J-Live as another honorable mention.

Came in to say Red; his personality/persona overshadows his skill.

Also, I don't know if anyone would consider him underrated/underappreciated/etc., but a name I almost never hear brought up when talking about great MCs isBun.

i feel eminem is the most underrated, unappreciated artist in rap history ... people tend to overlook his skill because they cant get with his subject matter... not to mention he is a pioneer for rap as a whole ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i feel eminem is the most underrated, unappreciated artist in rap history ... people tend to overlook his skill because they cant get with his subject matter ... not to mention he is a pioneer for rap as a whole ...

Don't pollute my thread with this filth.

i feel eminem is the most underrated, unappreciated artist in rap history ... people tend to overlook his skill because they cant get with his subject matter ... not to mention he is a pioneer for rap as a whole ...

i agree
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif
hell no dont spam this thread with overrated trash

Please explain how over 30 million record sales qualifies a rapper as underappreciated. I swear Em stans have become unbearable in recent months.

I don't feel like putting them in order...

Black Thought
Pharoahe Monch
Az
Masta Ace
Kool G. Rap
Cormega
Lord Finese
Sticky Fingaz
Posdnuos
Cee-Lo

I'm Sorry...No ones beating that list
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Please explain how over 30 million record sales qualifies a rapper as underappreciated. I swear Em stans have become unbearable in recent months.
why do record sales mean anything? so what youre telling me is, because the artists people have listed in this thread havent sold any records,thats the reason why they are underrated? i hope not because that would mean eminem is the greatest rapper of all time as he is the highest selling ever ...

i seriously believe em is underrated due to his subject matter ... if he rapped about what 98% of the rest of the industry rapped about he would be in everyonetop 5 no matter what becuase he is technically better than every rapper ...

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

why do record sales mean anything? so what youre telling me is, because the artists people have listed in this thread havent sold any records, thats the reason why they are underrated? i hope not because that would mean eminem is the greatest rapper of all time as he is the highest selling ever ...

i seriously believe em is underrated due to his subject matter ... if he rapped about what 98% of the rest of the industry rapped about he would be in everyone top 5 no matter what becuase he is technically better than every rapper ...

[h3]thread title says most underrated/underappreciated MC's...u may think emis underatted whatever but i think 30 million Cd's proves that he's appreciated
[/h3]

Don't respond to that lame. Big Boi was one of my Hon. mentions
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by M16

I'm leaving out all the really underground people.

10. AZ
9. Black Thought
8. Sean Price
7. Killah Priest
6. Del tha Funkee Homosapien
5. Pharoahe Monch
4. Bahamadia
3. Tragedy Khadafi
2. Masta Ace
1. Big L
wow.

i'm not gonna lie i agree on every one of those.

i'd probably rank Black higher cuz his progression and subject matter by the album matures each time.

other than that, list is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

From a commercial/mainstream standpoint, sure but I personally don't agree. I appreciate the +@@! out most of the dudes on that list and the honorablementions. Will admit there's not really enough ppl I got around me discussing Masta Ace's greatness.

Big L's understandable since he doesn't have enough material or to clarify just not enough stuff ppl would be listening to now. Eventually a lot ofthese dead greats aren't going to be must listens but dudes you have to go back and search to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom