Top 5 in the game right now ...?

Originally Posted by Taylavell

Aside from the elite Jay, Nas, Em & Max:
My man Max. Free the wave.
pimp.gif

And those other 3 are the top 3 in no particular order. I'll put Lupe at 4th because I love his music. 

Originally Posted by Taylavell

Aside from the elite Jay, Nas, Em & Max:
My man Max. Free the wave.
pimp.gif

And those other 3 are the top 3 in no particular order. I'll put Lupe at 4th because I love his music. 

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Why is Jay top 5 right now?

word?
Yeah, for real. Moving past a few verses on tracks for others, what puts him there?

Most people.... Insert "Light Up" if you think he's not top 5 still..

anyways:
Jay-Z
Kanye
Lupe
Fab
Jeezy
One verse puts him in the top 5? That's it? But anyways...like I said, moving past the guest verses, why is he top 5 right now?

One verse No it doesn't... But him bodying pretty much every rapper he comes into contact with on a song does...Legends, Rappers of Every Region, Big Time Rappers, and the hip hop artist with the biggest buzz...Dropping a solid album.. And managing to be one of the most talked about rappers now without releasing any non-album tracks, a handful of features, and no mixtapes.. Check whenever a song of Jay-Z drops (feature or not) it is among the most downloaded and listened to.. There is a reason for that...

Tell me this.. If most casual listeners put him top 5 currently.....And most industry people put him top 5 currently.. Whose opinion is more likely to be wrong?.. YOURS or mine?.....

Face it, you have to have something against him, you just don't like his music.I don't know.... It's fine we are all entitled to an opinion.. But to act like the man is nowhere near top 5 is a level of hate that is unbearable..

word?
Yeah, for real. Moving past a few verses on tracks for others, what puts him there?

anyways:
Jay-Z
Kanye
Lupe
Fab
Jeezy
One verse puts him in the top 5? That's it? But anyways...like I said, moving past the guest verses, why is he top 5 right now?

One verse No it doesn't... But him bodying pretty much every rapper he comes into contact with on a song does...Legends, Rappers of Every Region, Big Time Rappers, and the hip hop artist with the biggest buzz...Dropping a solid album.. And managing to be one of the most talked about rappers now without releasing any non-album tracks, a handful of features, and no mixtapes.. Check whenever a song of Jay-Z drops (feature or not) it is among the most downloaded and listened to.. There is a reason for that...

Tell me this.. If most casual listeners put him top 5 currently.....And most industry people put him top 5 currently.. Whose opinion is more likely to be wrong?.. YOURS or mine?.....

Face it, you have to have something against him, you just don't like his music.I don't know.... It's fine we are all entitled to an opinion.. But to act like the man is nowhere near top 5 is a level of hate that is unbearable..

word?

anyways:
Jay-Z
Kanye
Lupe
Fab
Jeezy

Of course he's still talked about -- he's Jay-Z. He's ALWAYS going to be in someone's mouth, but that DOESN'T mean he's the best hip-hop artist out or top 5. Hell, people constantly talk about him based on his business moves, but that still has nothing to do with his music. He was talked about when he wasn't rapping, remember?

Let's not act like some of Jay's credentials aren't based on his previous work (pre-2005). That can only matter so much when you are trying to decipher the best currently, but those things carry him a long way in the eyes of others (BTW, like you know the majority of casual listeners and industry people, right?). And it's an opinion, how is it wrong or right? Silly.

Also, where did I say that he wasn't anywhere near the top 5? I'm asking why NTers are saying he's in the top 5. I haven't even bothered to list my top 5; I'm just asking the opinions of others. And I never said I don't like him ...

word?

anyways:
Jay-Z
Kanye
Lupe
Fab
Jeezy

Of course he's still talked about -- he's Jay-Z. He's ALWAYS going to be in someone's mouth, but that DOESN'T mean he's the best hip-hop artist out or top 5. Hell, people constantly talk about him based on his business moves, but that still has nothing to do with his music. He was talked about when he wasn't rapping, remember?

Let's not act like some of Jay's credentials aren't based on his previous work (pre-2005). That can only matter so much when you are trying to decipher the best currently, but those things carry him a long way in the eyes of others (BTW, like you know the majority of casual listeners and industry people, right?). And it's an opinion, how is it wrong or right? Silly.

Also, where did I say that he wasn't anywhere near the top 5? I'm asking why NTers are saying he's in the top 5. I haven't even bothered to list my top 5; I'm just asking the opinions of others. And I never said I don't like him ...

Back
Top Bottom