Top 5 War Movies

Originally Posted by 0cks

^+Apocalypse Now

I put Apocalypse Now on my Blockubster queue like a month or 2 ago and still haven't got it
mad.gif
, it is really pissing me off and they didn't have it at my local store

saving private ryan
black hawk down
Band Of Brothers (
pimp.gif
)
rescue dawn
Platoon

Originally Posted by Vendetta

America vs the world are always the best type of wars lol.

but yeah if you want other random war movies we could prolly throw some in there for you too.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by czur1127

Originally Posted by Vendetta

America vs the world are always the best type of wars lol.

but yeah if you want other random war movies we could prolly throw some in there for you too.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My man probably be thrusting his pitch fork at the TV when the enemy appears
smh.gif

I would strongly recommend...The Downfall: Hitlerand the End of the Third Reich

not a movie, but you cannot sleep on this mini-series if you're lookin for a good war story. 10 episodes, i think, but each one is
pimp.gif

LOTR 2
LOTR 3
Mars Attack
Mighty Ducks 2
Inglorious Basterds

Ending in 2 hours.
v v

brave heart
troy
saving private ryan
black hawk down
enemy at the gates

if u have "windtalkers" on your list you have the worst movie taste of all time that is easily the worst movie ive ever seen

Schindler's List has gotta be on any top 5 war movies list, its a terrific movie. and a very disturbing movie to some.

Just so noone gets confused or upset I want to point out that apocalypse now is not really a "war movie"

It's more of a psychological thriller imo. Some parts are intentionally unrealistic. Such as the surfing scenes...It's about the human psyche with waras a backround/setting. Kind of like the first half of full metal jacket.

and stay away from the redux the first time you are watching it. It will just be way too long for a first time watcher. I made that mistake.

platoon is my favorite war movie but saving private ryan is the most accurate portrayal of the horrors of war.

Saving Private Ryan which leads directly to Band of Brothers as mentioned.
Black Hawk Down
Glory
Full Metal Jacket

I just watched the Big Red One, starring Lee Marvin (and Mark Hamill) who was also in the Dirty Dozen. I recommend them but they aren't as thrilling as themore modern ones.

And especially for Band of Brothers fans, there is a "Iraq war version" if you will done by the creators of the Wire, also on HBO. Aired last yeararound this time actually.

GK.jpg

must watch, 7 part miniseries.

btw Jarhead is awful. Platoon is also good and if you like submarine films watch Das Boot (I have the uncut 5 hour long German version with English subtitles),it's the film all other submarine films steal form

Originally Posted by infamousod

And especially for Band of Brothers fans, there is a "Iraq war version" if you will done by the creators of the Wire, also on HBO. Aired last year around this time actually.

GK.jpg

must watch, 7 part miniseries.

btw Jarhead is awful. Platoon is also good and if you like submarine films watch Das Boot (I have the uncut 5 hour long German version with English subtitles), it's the film all other submarine films steal form
yep, generation kill was very well done. What else would you expect from the makers of the wire?

I don't think jarhead is an awful war movie. I think it did a great job at portraying a war that was hardly fought. wasn't there one casualty in theentire gulf war? I feel like the movie was boring because the war itself was boring to those who were fighting

Back
Top Bottom