Top 50 Soccer players in the world Vol. Donovan over Ronaldihno?

dunga has to give my dude another shot.

but it possibly has to be because it looks like Ronaldinho Gaucho is not going to make the squad.

Dani Alves, Xavi, and GOD
pimp.gif

Donovan isn't even the best american though?

yes he is.

I don't understand how Rooney is #3 but Tevez is so much further down the list. I understand Rooney's current form partly justifies a high ranking for him, but hasn't Tevez been almost as good for City, especially when it counted most?

If it's based on talent/skill, there is no way in hell Rooney should be 21 spots ahead of Tevez, and 4 spots ahead of Drogba for that matter.

Putting him at #3 is pure overreaction to a big-name player having a great season for a powerhouse team. You can't be serious putting him ahead of every single person on Spain's team.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I don't understand how Rooney is #3 but Tevez is so much further down the list. I understand Rooney's current form partly justifies a high ranking for him, but hasn't Tevez been almost as good for City, especially when it counted most?

If it's based on talent/skill, there is no way in hell Rooney should be 21 spots ahead of Tevez, and 4 spots ahead of Drogba for that matter.

Putting him at #3 is pure overreaction to a big-name player having a great season for a powerhouse team. You can't be serious putting him ahead of every single person on Spain's team.

yea i agree.

i've always viewed rooney as one of those super hyped dudes that never really deserved it based on his play (i.e. being on the cover of fifa every year with ronaldihno). i know that he's stepped it up lately (finally), but #3? ahead of kaka's who's been an elite player for years on end now?

Hold on....I just realized that this is the top 50 players in the world cup, not in the world....I was about to name players in la liga more deserving to be on the list, but most of them dont get any burn on their national squads

Ronaldinho aint even on the squad right now
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

And I'm shocked that ESPN didn't try to put Donovan higher on the list. I see his placement as sort of a tongue-in-cheek way of admitting that they had to put someone there. If Ronaldinho keeps up the form he had in the game against ManU, he's not only better than Donovan but better than 90% of that list.

yea having him at #50 gave me some chuckles...it's like they had to add the token american player in there
laugh.gif

And I'm shocked that ESPN didn't try to put Donovan higher on the list. I see his placement as sort of a tongue-in-cheek way of admitting that they had to put someone there. If Ronaldinho keeps up the form he had in the game against ManU, he's not only better than Donovan but better than 90% of that list.

but is he currently on the Brazil squad?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

but is he currently on the Brazil squad?
I said "if" he keeps up his current form. If he does do that, he will be on the World Cup squad. And he will be better than Donovan, and 90% of the players on that list. I never said he should be higher now. 

I wish they would rank International players, then my boy Michael Ballack is top 20.

Edit: My fault, totally missed him each time I looked at the list
laugh.gif
. Still, my guy nonetheless.

Am I not seeing Robinho? He's a fixture for his country. Don't really see why Donovan is taking up a spot.

Players who are more deserved of no. 50:

Luis Suarez
Simao
Moutinho
Malouda
Pienaar
Stankovic
Cahill
Lennon

Oh, and Rafa van der Vaart. That's just criminal. 23 contributors and they left him off?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

I wish they would rank International players, then my boy Michael Ballack is top 20.
Ballack was ranked #30

And right around where he should be.

I was wondering when the ESPN writer would put in Donovan
laugh.gif

Move Kaka to #3 and Drogba to #4

and the only reason why Rooney is #3 is because he plays for Man U. I hate this man's guts.

this list tells you how deep Spain is right now. Assuming they'll all be healthy come June, they're taking the hardware.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

this list tells you how deep Spain is right now. Assuming they'll all be healthy come June, they're taking the hardware.

They could. Or, they could be miraculously upset again
pimp.gif

So Spain has 9/50 best soccer players in the World Cup?

they better win the whole thing...

Back
Top Bottom