Topps Project 2020 Feat. Ben Baller, Don C, Etc - The Real Stimules!

1590601839190.png

glad to see Frank Thomas getting some love...went to plenty of Sox games as a kid he made 90s-early 00s Sox games fun

just missing baseball right about now.

Today's Cal Ripken by Don C is a great looking card and I had to get it. So far I only have King Saladeen's Ichiro, Koufax, and today's Ripken. I really don't plan on selling anything. Originally started collecting years ago to build a collection for my son, but fell off the past couple of years. If anything, the Topps Project 2020 has been fun to keep up with and buy whatever I actually like instead of the traditional method of buying hobby boxes hoping to get low print, autographed, or memorabilia cards, which is still fun AF but can get pricey haha.

Manufactured hype promoted by corporate shills.

Hopefully all the hypebeast move to trading cards now

The thing is the reason the early cards are so expensive now is there was no hype around this. The popularity started to grow due to the fact that people actually liked the product.

It's not another Dunk with some lame gimmicky theme or a retro Jordan with the colors of a sweater MJ wore lol . At least they are bringing something new and original and incorporating popular artists while giving everyone a chance to buy. They very easily could of said 1k copies per card to build the hype with manufactured rarity and chose not to.

Keith Shore's Griffey design wasn't great. In my opinion I really liked the stuff by Naturel, King Saladeen, Sophia Chang, and some of Don C's stuff. Mister Cartoon had an interesting Jackie Robinson design but I passed. Ben Baller's designs are pretty basic but I guess less is more. End of the day, it's a good product printed on thicker cards that comes in plastic case with individual boxes. The chance to land a 1/1 Gold Frame is nice throw-in too.

Got the complete set of Topps from ‘83. Strawberry and Ryne Sanberg rookie joints.

Used to love collecting cards in elementary school.

Keith Shore's Griffey design wasn't great. In my opinion I really liked the stuff by Naturel, King Saladeen, Sophia Chang, and some of Don C's stuff. Mister Cartoon had an interesting Jackie Robinson design but I passed. Ben Baller's designs are pretty basic but I guess less is more. End of the day, it's a good product printed on thicker cards that comes in plastic case with individual boxes. The chance to land a 1/1 Gold Frame is nice throw-in too.

I’m not going to lie - I just don’t see the hype of any of these supposed “artists” recreating these cards.

So are my rookie Nolan Ryan, Ken Griffey, Barry Bonds, etc cards worth anything?

I’m not going to lie - I just don’t see the hype of any of these supposed “artists” recreating these cards.

So are my rookie Nolan Ryan, Ken Griffey, Barry Bonds, etc cards worth anything?
I thought there was always a steady market for baseball cards?

Back
Top Bottom