Topps Project 2020 Feat. Ben Baller, Don C, Etc - The Real Stimules!

The smart money is buying the mid 100 numbers because those still have a small run compared to how these will look when we get to 115. Still a lot of money to be made. Also, long way to go until card 400. The rise in PR won’t keep up over the course of the rest of the series.

99k won’t be anything compared to when a trout 100 does 600k

100k is a lot of ****ing cards. People will go back to work, profits will decrease, people will lose interest. May be able to turn ~$20 cards into $40 cards, MAYBE, but the massive growth in value is done on cards after ~65 IMO.

Agree 100%

My suggestion is buy what you like and if you can afford it maybe one of each to offset the price of the card you want.

100k is a lot of ****ing cards. People will go back to work, profits will decrease, people will lose interest. May be able to turn ~$20 cards into $40 cards, MAYBE, but the massive growth in value is done on cards after ~65 IMO.

agreed to an extent which is why I think the smart money is buying the lower printed ones under 12-15k right now because those will still have a pretty good room for growth imo

Agree 100%

My suggestion is buy what you like and if you can afford it maybe one of each to offset the price of the card you want.
exactly. i unloaded all but my griffeys and a matt taylor and vides henderson. from here on out i will just buy the ones i want to keep. Plan on still completing the griffey set. Unless the saladeen gets to ungodly value levels.

100% agree. I waited decades for sporting cards to go up in value and if it takes a Pandemic for that to happen, it's not a long term investment, it's hype.
Just my opinion, I also never thought the sneaker game would get to this level lol.

Last edited:
100% agree. I wanted decades for sporting cards to go up in value and if it takes a Pandemic for that to happen, it's not a long term investment, it's hype.
Just my opinion, I also never thought the sneaker game would get to this level lol.
It's a lot of hype and a lot of pumping. Like i said before you had people for the last week or so just buying ten packs thinking they are striking gold and telling everyone else to do the same, once they get in hand ebay will be flooded. Same folks that were talking more about value/worth than the actual cards, supply will far exceed demand once these high print runs are in hand. Also with all the presales of presales of presales, a lot can go wrong with this. Who knows though, i am probably wrong. :lol: im just not gonna check the prices of cards i sold anymore.

The generation of kids who grew up collecting are now in 30's and 40's and have disposable income and kids and are getting back into the hobby. Some of us never really left so it has always been relevant, but the ones who left the hobby seem to think that since they left it means the entire hobby just died.

early cards had very low runs like most under 2500 or so. Most recent griffey had 100k print run for comparison. crazy value is in early cards, not new ones IMO.

Any where to see what those cards were, how many made, retail vs resale price now etc?
I've been into this year NBA Prizm a lot, but this caught me off guard. :lol:

PO

thanks was curious about this. Sick that I was getting ready to cop the Ichiro. Put my phone away to start driving and didn't remember to go through with it. I had 5 :lol:

Also I hav ebeen loving all of King Saladeens cards.
Saladeen and siff are prob my faves. Really like vides and Taylor too. **** they are all awesome artists IMO besides for maybe Ben baller. Saladeen Griffey is what brought me in, still prob my fav card so far.

exactly. i unloaded all but my griffeys and a matt taylor and vides henderson. from here on out i will just buy the ones i want to keep. Plan on still completing the griffey set. Unless the saladeen gets to ungodly value levels.
Yeah, Matt Taylor is the only artist collection I'll complete. His colors pop like his movie screen prints.

41k and 43k for Williams and Koufax
Time to pump the brakes of 100K+ print runs on every card?

idk if they decide the numbers, do they?

i thought it goes by how much is sold

Back
Top Bottom