Tornado Warning issued for Toronto

eek.gif
that thunderstorm that passed through town was RIDICULOUS. i live 3hrssouth-west'@$! of T.O and the storm was intense as all hell.

eek.gif
tired.gif
hope nobody is hurt too bad. to all those with property/vehicle damages,injuries etc.. terrible man

man, these poor Italians in Woodbridge. Its sad, but I'm not gonna lie, I was laughing a little bit.

The one lady on City news who was on her door step wailing "Oh-a, my-a lord-a...thank-a God-a my-a children weren't up-a stairs-a!!!!!!!" She wasbeing held up by her son, it was pretty comical because her house was fine.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

You guys who think this sh*t is funny need a f*cking reality check.

I don't think the event is funny, more or less the expressions of people when a camera is stuck in front of their face.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I don't think the event is funny, more or less the expressions of people when a camera is stuck in front of their face.

I'm not trying to start a beef, but people lost their homes. I doubt you would think it was "comical" if it happened to you or someone you caredabout.

The problem is, in this time of "reality tv" and YouTube, the lines between what is real and what is entertainment has become blurred and people havebecome completely desensitized.

This is a effin' wake up call, our world is changing for the worst. If we don't change our ways, this planet is gonna go to %@%#.
Forest fires all over the place, twisters in Toronto, dumps and dumps of snow. We need to step back and see the big picture here.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I'm not trying to start a beef, but people lost their homes. I doubt you would think it was "comical" if it happened to you or someone you cared about.

The problem is, in this time of "reality tv" and YouTube, the lines between what is real and what is entertainment has become blurred and people have become completely desensitized.
I guess I look at it differently. If it was me, I'd be happy as long as everyone I loved was OK, which is the situation here. Houses, cars,stuff...that's the reason people need insurance. Nothing is more important than life. A house, I couldn't care less if its flattened. I only foundthe general reaction comical because the view of people, when put on TV, gets funny. Its your exact second point that makes them the way they are, in myopinion. Everyone wants to be ON tv. People were calling in CP24 with their ridiculous stories of the tornado. To the point that it was of no value. Idon't like how the average idiot gets put on TV...because it exposes their idiocy. This is funny. I feel bad they look like idiot.

The story here is the strain on the insurance industry and how rates might change, increasing the cost of living for people in Vaughn. That's no sex.yenough though...I get it...but it makes me laugh.

Also, why isn't there more sadness and news about the poor child killed near Durham? No one cares because he doesn't live in Toronto? I don't getit. CP tries to create news out of nothing...its funny to me, that's all.

Unless you have the "Act of God" insurance policy, people won't be able to claim though, no?

In Canada, Insurers aren't allowed to exclude "acts of God". Each policy is different, but standard home owners insurance will cover things likehail, wind damage, forest fires, etc etc.

What can happen is in areas prone to these events, insurers may chose not to insure someone, or put a clause in the policy about something not being covered.I'm not 100% sure, but in places that are prone to flooding (like the Beach in Toronto) most insurers exclude coverage for floods.

Back
Top Bottom