Toro Y Moi is today's Neptunes/NERD

2012 version. This guy is single handedly taking over the game. Watch.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the Neptunes probably WISH they were still able to compete with this guys skill. They would be very smart to sign up underneath them and reap the benefits.

Just like that thread about Wayne falling off, how Wayne admitted to falling off, I think the Neptunes/NERD have come to a similar realization. I mean, dont get me wrong, they're still DOPE as hell, but they probably look back at some of their old work and go "damn, we cant make !#$* this dope anymore..." just like how the fans do. Think about it...

I dunno, I think he's already blown up about as big as he's gonna get. He's already got the hipster and indie crowds, and with chillwave there's not much more out there after those scenes. But he is one of my favorite new artists; hasnt had a misstep yet and his new EP is dope
smokin.gif

If anyone has a chance to see this guy live, do it. The lightshow+projector images were dope with the music and alcohol.

Pharrell and NERD can still make that kinda stuff imo. They just got bored of doing the same thing over and over again.
And thunderchunk despises anything Pharrell for w.e reason it never fails.

i feel like your low key trolling but i can see comparisons with songs like this...........  i always thought this had someNeptuneinfluence
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
not trolling. I just see it in him.

I'd like to see some reasoning behind why they're "nothing alike".

Spoiler [+]
Dont ask my why I think they ARE alike. I asked first.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

laugh.gif
not trolling. I just see it in him.

I'd like to see some reasoning behind why they're "nothing alike".

Spoiler [+]
Dont ask my why I think they ARE alike. I asked first.
let's not be childish...so why do you think they are alike? 
cuz they really are in 2 different lanes. 2 different sounds. 

"I asked first"...sfasfsfd, 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Best response i've seen in a while. I can kind of see where you're coming from...just kind of, though...

Back
Top Bottom