Toughest decision of your vol. hard choices

Wondering if I should let a pair of Jason Kidd Air Jordan XIX PE's go or not.

Not a life changing decision, but it is pretty hard to let go right now.

Ok you win my guy I'm a horrible parent imma go jump off this bridge see ya later

I don't agree with this choice but I wish you nothing but the best. Perhaps hit your kid with a check left hook to da jaw. If he's as soft as you say he will be a new person once he comes to.

simi related;

my worst decision ever was choosing to go to clippers vs warriors instead of lakers vs raptors on January 22nd 2006. It HAUNTS me. I would’ve been like 8 rows back.
bruvvv i still remember that day

was driving downtown wit my fam

its my birthday so he was like ya wanna go to the LA Autoshow or the laker game
i wasn't feeling too hot about the toronto team and felt bad he would spend so much money on tickets so was like eff it lets go to the autoshow

next morning i picked up the paper and was like bruhhhhh he went off for 81 :frown: :lol:
miss kobe mane

DCBatman DCBatman I'm not a parent but in my 30s I've started to reflect more on what my parents did to raise me. Around you son's age, while I finished college, I was highly unmotivated. Working dead end jobs just to have money in my pocket. No end goal. Then my parents did two things that lit a fire under me:

1) Mom started to charge me rent ($500). The thought of paying any amount of money to live in my childhood bedroom, can't bring my girl over or smoke, in a small town far away from everything worthwhile was unfathomable. I asked her to give me three months to save and I'll move out. I moved out within a month and never went back (to live).

2) Dad told me to clean my room at age 21-22. I looked at him like he was crazy. Then I looked in the mirror and said it won't change until I change something. This is what actually sped up my timeline to move out ASAP instead of 3 months.

Once I got out, I wanted to do better for myself. Get a better place and car. That meant a better job. Getting certified. Etc. Having my "own" inspired me to do better.

I can't cosign kicking him out aside from extreme scenarios (i.e., criminal activity). I think the notion of getting out your parent's house = independence is a poisonous mindset but that's another topic. But for your situation, I think you just gotta make him not want to live there anymore. Charge him for food. Put locks on the fridge. Charge him for utilities or disable electricity to his room. When he is fed up and [hopefully] finally moves out, give him the money back. Tell him you are proud of him for stepping into adulthood, you will always be there for him, and everything you do is to instill the skills and values he'll need to take care of himself when you are gone.

Back
Top Bottom