Tourist/must do things in LA?

I've been to LA several times, but my family and I decided we want to tour the city(and surrounding cities) as outsiders. What are some things you have done or wanted to do but missed out on? Any must eats or events?

So far, on our list, we have Walt Disney Concert Hall, Pink's Hot Dogs, Hollywood Walk of Fame, LACMA, Tour Korea Town and Korean BBQ, Griffith Observatory, Lights, Venice beach and tandem biking, Fuku Burger, Tour Little Tokyo/Chinatown/Thai Town/ Filipino Town/Little Armenia/Little Ethiopia/cruise Bel Air or Malibu, M Grill, Milk (dessert), Runyon Canyon hike, Roscoe's

Dodger, Laker or Kings game
happy.gif

Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knotts or six flags

Definitely go to the California Science Center. It's both entertaining and educational. Admission is free and parking is about $8-$10 a car. You might also want to check out a movie in real IMAX 3d there.
Visit The Grove or the Americana for nice outdoor shopping.
Visit the Santa Monica Pier or 3rd street Promenade Mall (at night there are a lot of street perfomers).
I highly recommend Road to Seoul. $17 bucks a person for AYCE high quality Korean BBQ.
Try Palm's Thai Restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night, complete with a Thai Elvis impersonator (very lively and loud atmostphere).
Try out Wurstküche for sausages/hot dogs in Little Toyko.

I live in Filipino Town. Nothing to see or do here at all. I'd pretty much avoid Chinatown too.
Roscoe's is ehh. $15 bucks for two pieces of chicken and two big waffles. expensive and overrated.

I'll think of more things later.

The lights at LACMA was probably the most underwhelming thing I've ever seen.

fathers office is crack with that one burger they have.

avoid king taco. meat taste like plastic and they have no freaking limes!!!!!!

your better off at el gavilan :smokin

Go to the jungles and take some pics with the locals

Last edited:
Hollywood walk of fame is alright nothing really special other then alot of smoke shops and of ppl from all walks of life

pink's aint that great.

if you go to to pasadena go to doghaus: they use King's Hawaiian Rolls.

Just went to Runyon Canyon Spectacular view of LA and Hollywood.
do the hollywood sign- hella touristy but still pretty cool. Google how to get there:
get on franklin and make a right on beechwood, and just hike up you can either go in front or behind the sign.

go to disneyland/california adventure with the fam.

grove. rodeo drive. IN N OUT BURGER. Odaesan Korean BBQ for LUNCH. it's clean AF.
The Original Thai BBQ for your Thai BBQ.

sorry to the king taco dude,
but the Taco truck on Fair Oaks inbetween the buildings: not the one in the parking lot!
is the goat: alpastor or carne asada :smokin

if you wanna get all cheesy go to the 500 days of summer bench just to say you did.

downtown LA is pretty crappy so just go to beverly hills, hollywood, pasadena.

bring gas masks... this smog tho.

Don't listen to that guy above me, Downtown LA is one of my favorite parts of the city and absolutely worth checking out.

mount wilson, runyon canyon is overrated. bronson is better. go to korea town and do the korean bbq. eat the armenian food. go to boiling shrimp. eat the ethiopian food. go to point dume.

pink's aint that great.

if you go to to pasadena go to doghaus: they use King's Hawaiian Rolls.

Just went to Runyon Canyon Spectacular view of LA and Hollywood.
do the hollywood sign- hella touristy but still pretty cool. Google how to get there:
get on franklin and make a right on beechwood, and just hike up you can either go in front or behind the sign.

go to disneyland/california adventure with the fam.

grove. rodeo drive. IN N OUT BURGER. Odaesan Korean BBQ for LUNCH. it's clean AF.
The Original Thai BBQ for your Thai BBQ.

sorry to the king taco dude,
but the Taco truck on Fair Oaks inbetween the buildings: not the one in the parking lot!
is the goat: alpastor or carne asada :smokin

if you wanna get all cheesy go to the 500 days of summer bench just to say you did.

downtown LA is pretty crappy so just go to beverly hills, hollywood, pasadena.

EDIT:

OP you also need to try the thai food in thaitown

red corner >>>>>>>> thai patio

bring gas masks... this smog tho.

the view is alright. the idiotic people at ranyon kill it. i'd rather go to another 'quiet' hike

and downtown LA has some nice hidden gems if you know where to look.

the fashion district and arts district are really cool.

Last edited:
Hate it when people say DTLA is crappy, when all they do is drive by here as quickly as possible.

-Arts District
-Angels Flight area where Grand Central Market and the "500 Days of Summer" bench is at.
-LA Live
-Bottega Louie
-Seven Grand
-The Pantry
-Nickel Diner
-Union Station/Olvera Street
-Little Tokyo

Some things to check out in DTLA.

King Taco>> Gavilan (You need limes cause the meat is tasteless, :lol:)

Everyone mentioned everything else, lots of places to eat out here.

Couple of favorites:
-Cooks Tortas (Monterey Park)
-The Griddle (Sunset/Hollywood)
-Road to Seoul (Koreatown)
- The Counter (DTLA)
- Pizza Studio (By USC)
-MGrill (Koreatown)
-Apple Pan (West LA)

Guppy's. Not exactly LA but it's in the area.

Popcorn chicken, shaved ice, and BRICK TOAST. Yummm.

Back
Top Bottom