Toyota Altis or Honda Jazz?

if you're the type of driver who wants a sporty feel without compromising the fundamentals of a car. the JAZZ is the perfect car.  the 1.5v i think has better value for money compared to the 1.6mt of the Altis since you're getting paddle shifters and need i not say a far more superior engine than the aging 1.6 of the Altis.  Steering wheel feel is awesome in the Jazz and it's deceivingly roomy as well.  The one thing you have to consider on the Jazz is that the suspension is set up quite stiffly to accommodate a more spirited drive while the Altis has a smoother and softer ride.

Originally Posted by sadikmac

The Jazz is okay but the kind of roads especially HUMPS we have here will murder your underchassis cause of its low ride.
the stock ride height of the jazz is not low at all, no problems with humps what so ever

The Jazz is okay but the kind of roads especially HUMPS we have here will murder your underchassis cause of its low ride.
the stock ride height of the jazz is not low at all, no problems with humps what so ever

to the TS, its all about what you will use the vehicle for, but having driven both for quite some time:

1. driving experience (position, throttle reaction, engine and transmission performance: winner is jazz (driven a stock jazz on the track, and its decent)
2. space (passenger leg room and height, cargo): winner is definitely jazz because of the ULT, i use this more than our pick up or SUVs when hauling. 
3. resale value: winner is altis, taxi market, 2nd hand buyers are plenty.

to the TS, its all about what you will use the vehicle for, but having driven both for quite some time:

1. driving experience (position, throttle reaction, engine and transmission performance: winner is jazz (driven a stock jazz on the track, and its decent)
2. space (passenger leg room and height, cargo): winner is definitely jazz because of the ULT, i use this more than our pick up or SUVs when hauling. 
3. resale value: winner is altis, taxi market, 2nd hand buyers are plenty.

Originally Posted by balongbalong

@bentetres: Bwahahahaha! Sang forum kaya tayo susunod magkikita?! Haha.
laugh.gif
 Saka si Pilar tinanong mo na? Haha! What did she say?

@balongbalong: I see. I thought it had the same ride height as the City cause since the City is basically a Honda Fit sedan. Cause I currently drive the '09 City and I keep having problems with the stupid humps even if I drive alone -- most especially if there are 5 of us in there. Or probably because humps in the south area are just that sharp and stupidly placed. My City is all-stock, btw.

You're correct about the resalability of the Altis having many buyers, however, in terms of 2nd hand price, the Jazz will go slightly higher because Hondas generally have a slightly higher resale price than Toyotas. I think it's because of that "no-PUV" clause on their contract/terms & conditions. And of course, they're on different categories but the Jazz is relatively more expensive if we look at it... err.. pound for pound? Haha.

Originally Posted by balongbalong

@bentetres: Bwahahahaha! Sang forum kaya tayo susunod magkikita?! Haha.
laugh.gif
 Saka si Pilar tinanong mo na? Haha! What did she say?

@balongbalong: I see. I thought it had the same ride height as the City cause since the City is basically a Honda Fit sedan. Cause I currently drive the '09 City and I keep having problems with the stupid humps even if I drive alone -- most especially if there are 5 of us in there. Or probably because humps in the south area are just that sharp and stupidly placed. My City is all-stock, btw.

You're correct about the resalability of the Altis having many buyers, however, in terms of 2nd hand price, the Jazz will go slightly higher because Hondas generally have a slightly higher resale price than Toyotas. I think it's because of that "no-PUV" clause on their contract/terms & conditions. And of course, they're on different categories but the Jazz is relatively more expensive if we look at it... err.. pound for pound? Haha.

I wouldn't get the 1.3 unless saving gas is a priority. Acceleration is a crawl, and that's being generous. If your main concern is going from point A to point B and fuel economy, it's not a big deal, and you will rarely have to visit a gas station. BUT, I wouldn't advise trying to pass a large moronic bus or truck on the highway.

Whichever, it will be YOUR car, and you will treat it like your firstborn. HAHA... Good luck bro!

I wouldn't get the 1.3 unless saving gas is a priority. Acceleration is a crawl, and that's being generous. If your main concern is going from point A to point B and fuel economy, it's not a big deal, and you will rarely have to visit a gas station. BUT, I wouldn't advise trying to pass a large moronic bus or truck on the highway.

Whichever, it will be YOUR car, and you will treat it like your firstborn. HAHA... Good luck bro!

not a fan of either cars.  but i guess its practical for our kind of traffic.  I would go for the Jazz since i  see more Corollas on the road.  Hatchback is practical too so you can store more things in the back. 

not a fan of either cars.  but i guess its practical for our kind of traffic.  I would go for the Jazz since i  see more Corollas on the road.  Hatchback is practical too so you can store more things in the back. 

I will go with Altis. It looks masculine.
pimp.gif

One good thing about Jazz is... there's no taxi on that car make.
wink.gif

I will go with Altis. It looks masculine.
pimp.gif

wink.gif

To the thread starter

The comparison is not really comparing apples to apples. The competitor of the altis is the civic and the jazz is the yaris. Anyways, With the performance you'll never go wrong with both companies since they are the top 2 here in the philippines when it comes to japanese cars. My review for the altis is not that good. Parang kulang sya if 1.6G ang kukuhain mo. No Disc Brakes at the rear and i think it is only single airbags. And for a 1.6 engine with that huge body, i think mahihirapan ang engine. If you will go for the jazz, hands down ako dyan. Your getting the top of the line plus so many aftermarket part out there. Most of all, fuel economy at its finest. I think the paddle shift is just an added feature of the car and it will not be usefull. The flaw of it on the civic is that when you turn left or right, the paddle shift is connected to the steering column that's why it moves also. On the euro cars, the paddle shift does not move.

Just my opinion, why don't you try to look for the Honda Civic since you have a budget of an 844k for the jazz. Add a little up and you get the 1.8V civic which is definitely great rather than the 1.6G Altis. You'll never go wrong with the comfort riding of the civic.

To the thread starter

The comparison is not really comparing apples to apples. The competitor of the altis is the civic and the jazz is the yaris. Anyways, With the performance you'll never go wrong with both companies since they are the top 2 here in the philippines when it comes to japanese cars. My review for the altis is not that good. Parang kulang sya if 1.6G ang kukuhain mo. No Disc Brakes at the rear and i think it is only single airbags. And for a 1.6 engine with that huge body, i think mahihirapan ang engine. If you will go for the jazz, hands down ako dyan. Your getting the top of the line plus so many aftermarket part out there. Most of all, fuel economy at its finest. I think the paddle shift is just an added feature of the car and it will not be usefull. The flaw of it on the civic is that when you turn left or right, the paddle shift is connected to the steering column that's why it moves also. On the euro cars, the paddle shift does not move.

Just my opinion, why don't you try to look for the Honda Civic since you have a budget of an 844k for the jazz. Add a little up and you get the 1.8V civic which is definitely great rather than the 1.6G Altis. You'll never go wrong with the comfort riding of the civic.

^True what he said. We had a 1.6E Altis before and it really felt underpowered. And like what PsychShrink also said, the 1.3 Jazz is not such a good idea cause the engine is also underpowered for its size. I really and honestly think that your best bet is the 1.5V Jazz or take what t3nity said, put the 1.8V Civic in consideration with your budget.

Heck, if you can hold on to your '08 Vios longer, why not save up to get a Mitsubishi Montero 2.5 GLSfor 1.4M. In terms of fuel economy, by experience, it fares WAY better than our 1.5E City. Plus it's an SUV and we've tried and tested ours on rough dirt roads, drove straight for more than 600kms and it seriously performs so well overall. Haha. Lalong pampagulo.

But since this is your thread and you're asking Altis or Jazz... JAZZ!
Oh BTW, again like what t3nity said, the paddle shifters aren't really that useful. Not unless you want to stay into a low gear when going uphill. Cause even if you're on "S" mode (P-R-Neutral-D-S) and you're driving on a highway, the paddle shifters are useless cause the gears will still shift on their own.

^True what he said. We had a 1.6E Altis before and it really felt underpowered. And like what PsychShrink also said, the 1.3 Jazz is not such a good idea cause the engine is also underpowered for its size. I really and honestly think that your best bet is the 1.5V Jazz or take what t3nity said, put the 1.8V Civic in consideration with your budget.

Heck, if you can hold on to your '08 Vios longer, why not save up to get a Mitsubishi Montero 2.5 GLSfor 1.4M. In terms of fuel economy, by experience, it fares WAY better than our 1.5E City. Plus it's an SUV and we've tried and tested ours on rough dirt roads, drove straight for more than 600kms and it seriously performs so well overall. Haha. Lalong pampagulo.

But since this is your thread and you're asking Altis or Jazz... JAZZ!
Oh BTW, again like what t3nity said, the paddle shifters aren't really that useful. Not unless you want to stay into a low gear when going uphill. Cause even if you're on "S" mode (P-R-Neutral-D-S) and you're driving on a highway, the paddle shifters are useless cause the gears will still shift on their own.

Originally Posted by foullaw

wink.gif

This!

Or maybe you wanna check Ford Focus since it got the Euro body styling which is way more
pimp.gif
than the US version.

Then later on go with the Focus ST or RS look.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by foullaw

wink.gif

This!

Or maybe you wanna check Ford Focus since it got the Euro body styling which is way more
pimp.gif
than the US version.

Then later on go with the Focus ST or RS look.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom