Toyota is royally @%!!!*, your thoughts?

Right now I'm watching the LIVE Congressional committee speaking with the CEO on CSPAN. They are going in on Mr. Toyoda and Mr. Inaba. You can click here to http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN3.aspxhttp://watch it. Also news broke today that Toyota had a recall on the floor mats in the UK 10 years ago but did nothing or said anything in regards to the America market. Do you think differently of Toyota or even the Lexus brand? I've never been much of a Toyota fan (besides the Supra) but this is making other brands like Hyundai, Ford, Chevy look like god sent.

so whats really going on?
laugh.gif
....they've had a ton of recalled cars or something?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Right now I'm watching the LIVE Congressional committee speaking with the CEO on CSPAN. They are going in on Mr. Toyoda and Mr. Inaba. You can click here to watch it. Also news broke today that Toyota had a recall on the floor mats in the UK 10 years ago but did nothing or said anything in regards to the America market. Do you think differently of Toyota or even the Lexus brand? I've never been much of a Toyota fan (besides the Supra) but this is making other brands like [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hyundai, Ford, Chevy look like god sent. [/color]
Not really. Bad PR? Yes, but not enough to drop Toyota down to those ranks just yet.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

so whats really going on?
laugh.gif
....they've had a ton of recalled cars or something?

Over 8 million.  And rumor is the problems aren't being fixed correctly by just fixing the acceleration pedal.  People are saying it has to do with their electrical system which they refuse to acknowledge. 

But I mean I'm not surprised.  In 01 they announced that they wanted to double their manufacturing by 2010.  Well they did it.  But something done on a scale that large is bound to have efficiency and quality problems.  And only thing that has kept Americans buying Japanese is their so-called "quality cars."  Which is a pretty comical statement right now.  Especially since the problems stem from models back in 07.  Meaning they've ignored the problem for 4 years now.

Right now I'm watching the LIVE Congressional committee speaking with the CEO on CSPAN. They are going in on Mr. Toyoda and Mr. Inaba. You can click here to http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN3.aspxhttp://watch it. Also news broke today that Toyota had a recall on the floor mats in the UK 10 years ago but did nothing or said anything in regards to the America market. Do you think differently of Toyota or even the Lexus brand? I've never been much of a Toyota fan (besides the Supra) but this is making other brands like Chevy look like god sent.

Not saying Toyota doesn't have problems, but look who owns GM these days...Just saying...

Toyota is screwed. Knew about it a long time ago and didn't do anything. Smh. To bad I didn't buy a Toyota back in the day. I'd ask for a refund or a new car or some kinda discount. Not looking good for Toyota.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

The American public has a short memory... couple of years and they'll be good to go.

Word to the Bridgestone Firestone recall.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The American public has a short memory... couple of years and they'll be good to go.

Word to the Bridgestone Firestone recall.

True, in that case though its not a bad thing. Wasn't their fault..

Yup give a few years and people will forget this ever happened.
Also wouldn't this be the best time to look into buying a new toyota/lexus no?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Right now I'm watching the LIVE Congressional committee speaking with the CEO on CSPAN. They are going in on Mr. Toyoda and Mr. Inaba. You can click here to watch it. Also news broke today that Toyota had a recall on the floor mats in the UK 10 years ago but did nothing or said anything in regards to the America market. Do you think differently of Toyota or even the Lexus brand? I've never been much of a Toyota fan (besides the Supra) but this is making other brands like [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hyundai, Ford, Chevy look like god sent. [/color]
Not really. Bad PR? Yes, but not enough to drop Toyota down to those ranks just yet.
Sales have fallen, pretty bad, Jan10 they sold 83,279 compare to Dec09 they sold 159,295 and the recall was officially announced Jan 21st, 2010. Of course I don't think Toyota is gonna go Daewoo status either but they are slippin in the ranks, at least sales/volume wise.

Gotta agree with Dirty here. Couple of years and they will bounce back. I hope this isnt the beginning of the end cause all I got are Toyotas.

Growing up my family either had Honda/Acura's or Ford's. I think I was the first one to make the switch to Toyota ('02 4Runner) and personally I've been pretty satisfied with their cars. I was satisfied enough that me and my girl decided to stick with the brand and get her a new Lexus when it was time to get a new car. Now that I think about it though, her car '07 ES350 has had more problems in the last 3+ years than mine has had in almost 3 times that length of time.

knock on wood, but I have close to 120K miles on my truck and its a tank. Still running on my factory stock battery, no engine or mechanical problems to date, pretty much the only problems I had were cosmetic and due to user error. Hope this thing keeps tickin for atleast another 100K miles.

only toyota i would ever own is a mkiv supra.imo the rest of toyota/lexus is not appealing.They should make toyota refund 100% of the cost of the cars that had problems.

I''m not sure but are Toyota/Lexus that were made in the USA begin recall only? Because the FJ Cruiser was not on the list (japan made) and a few of my friends Rav4 that were made in japan was not recalled .... 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Sales have fallen, pretty bad, Jan10 they sold 83,279 compare to Dec09 they sold 159,295 and the recall was officially announced Jan 21st, 2010. Of course I don't think Toyota is gonna go Daewoo status either but they are slippin in the ranks, at least sales/volume wise.

you cant compare Toyota to Daewoo... 
Toyota's public image is too positive for this recall to completely ruin them.. word to Kobe's rape trial. 

I am not going to say this is going to kill toyota, but anything thats helps with the American perception myths is a good thing in my book....

Okay guys I just want to throw out a random thought that arose during a discussion with a couple of my buddies....
Do you guys think that this could be a government conspiracy? Hear me out first. 

Plenty of cars are recalled every year for various reasons, everything from doors not closing properly to major issues such as this gas pedal/floor mat issues. But my major issue is that the U.S government acted with quickness with setting up these congressional hearings as a result Toyota has also taken a pretty big hit on their stock price . Since the U.S gov't does have controlling interest in General Motors, you think this could be a ploy to direct more sales towards GM away from Toyota? 

I know it sounds pretty far fetched but its just a thought

Heard some people were going to file a class action suit because this is ruining the resale value of vehicles they're trying to sell. Don't know if that is true or not though.

Back
Top Bottom