Toyota SUPRA -2021 adds 2.0L 255hp to the line-up, 3.0L power increased to 383hp

how well are acura selling these days?

seems like they can get rid of everything in their line-up and leave the NSX and it won't even be missed

i just don't see them around

To be honest, I only ever see the Acura SUV’s on the road. I don’t think I’ve seen an Acura sedan in a while on the street.

But with the accord basically bridging the gap between the luxury features Acura had over Honda, I understand why people gravitated for the cheaper alternative.

just seems like toyota/lexus has no issues with that, ES and IS are everywhere

how well are acura selling these days?

seems like they can get rid of everything in their line-up and leave the NSX and it won't even be missed

i just don't see them around

They announced earlier this year that theyre brining back the type s line.

The tlx-s is suppose to be a twin turbo v6 with their sh all wheel drive. Supposedly its the same motor as the nsx

interesting

nissan needs to up the ante too, the current gen Z seems like it's been out for 20 years now :lol:

Toyota USA Confirms 2020 Supra Debut For Detroit; America Will Get A One-Off Special

The time has finally come for the new Toyota Supra to be revealed; the American arm of the Japanese carmaker confirmed with a press release that their new sports car will be revealed in full production form at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show on January 14.

Toyota has already paraded a camouflaged Supra prototype at a number of events this year, including the Goodwood Festival of Speed while another GT4-spec prototype took part in a VLN race at the Nurburgring. Earlier this year at the Geneva Motor Show, the carmaker showcased the GR Supra Racing Concept, confirming one of the worst kept secrets in the industry.

Production of the new Toyota Supra will start in the first half of 2019 at Magna Steyr’s manufacturing facility in Austria, alongside the BMW Z4. The two models share the same architecture and powertrain but Toyota officials have been keen to point out that the two cars were developed and tuned separately from each other.

Toyota North America also announced that the first production example of the new Supra will be an one-of-a-kind example that will be sold through auction, with all proceeds going to charity.

The new generation Supra will be powered by a 3.0-liter straight-six engine with twin-scroll turbos, producing around 340hp and offering a 0-62mph (100km/h) in less than five seconds. The chassis will be perfectly balanced, featuring a 50:50 weight distribution, as well as an active limited-slip differential and adaptive variable suspension.

68926a73-2020-toyota-supra-3.jpg

fb4a5d34-2020-toyota-supra-2.jpg

pretty awesome, I heard about the codevelopment a long time ago after were getting to the tail end of the FT-86

Can't wait to own one

In forza

paulina-pierce.gif

Not as impressed as I thought I’d be.

I don’t expect these to effect the value of the mk IV

Folks probably said the same thing in the 90s...

Probably. It may take time to grow on me overtime or maybe if/when I see one on the street.

I remember when the GTR dropped I wasn't blown away by its looks either

You know what I think it is though - I think its the windshield pillars not being the same color as the rest of the body of the car that throws me off. The spy camo shots covered up that detail.

The car also has a smaller visual presence (in pictures at least) compared to the mkIV (could be that super tapered rear end). The mkIV looks longer.

But I'll have to see one in the wild, I can't write the car off before it even drops

Yeah I'm not feeling the rear like that either, and maybe it will grow on me later on or when I see one in real life.

I wasn't a fan of the GTR in the beginning because it was such a drastic change from the R34, but it has grown on me over the years.

This Supra does look a lot smaller compared to the MKIV's I agree and it kind of reminds me of those small RX-7's from the 90's.

Jalopnik is reporting new information about the Toyota Supra slated for 2020. According to the site, the following trim levels have been revealed:

Base 3.0 six cylinder: $49,990

Premium 3.0 six cylinder: $53,990

Launch edition 3.0 six cylinder: $55,250

The Launch Edition is the pre-order car, and among other things has some aesthetic changes and may come with some accessories off car, but at its core is the 3.0L Premium.

For 50K, if it does what it’s supposed to do, I can dig. It. Plus, it’s a Toyota(mostly) so it should run forever.

The quickest Toyota-branded production car to date: 0-60 in 4.1 seconds

The 2020 Toyota GR Supra debuts with a BMW-sourced 3.0-liter turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine that makes… wait for it, 335 horsepower (340 PS)! That’s 47 ponies less than the U.S.-spec BMW Z4 M40i. The peak torque is 365 lb-ft (494 Nm), 4 lb-ft (6 Nm) less than in the BMW.

Linked to an eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, the straight-six engine allows the Supra to go from 0 to 60 mph (0-96 km/h) in an estimated 4.1 seconds, with a top track speed electronically limited to 155 mph (250 km/h). That would make it the quickest Toyota-branded production vehicle to date. Japan will also get a 2.0-liter turbo-four available in two states of tune: 197 PS (194 hp) and 258 PS (254 hp), respectively.

The carmaker also promises the Supra will offer “an exhilarating blend of power, precision, and agility” thanks to its rear-wheel-drive design, low center of gravity and a 50:50 weight distribution.

358fb21a-2020-toyota-gr-supra-1.jpg

cab4a499-2020-toyota-gr-supra-18.jpg

9f43b718-2020-toyota-gr-supra-28.jpg

2bb01cac-2020-toyota-gr-supra-34.jpg

0e49eed4-2020-toyota-gr-supra-15.jpg

2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition Is Exclusive To 1500 U.S. Buyers, Costs $55,250

According to the Japanese car manufacturer, the first 1500 production Supras it builds for the U.S. market will be the special Launch Edition models. Prices for the Supra Launch Edition start at $55,250 and distinguishing the vehicle from the run-of-the-mill Supra are a selection of special details.

Buyers of the 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition will be able to opt between Absolute Zero White, Nocturnal Black or Renaissance Red 2.0 exterior paints. All three feature high-contrast red mirror caps and 9-inch forged matte black alloy wheels.

In the cabin, the Absolute White Zero and Nocturnal Black models will come complete with a red interior that includes high-popping red leather across the racing-inspired seats, steering wheel, and center console. There will also be a number of carbon fiber accents throughout. By comparison, the Renaissance Red 2.0 Supra Launch Edition models ordered include a black leather-trimmed interior with carbon fiber components.

Each of the 1500 Supra Launch Edition models will feature an individually numbered carbon fiber badge on the passenger side of the dashboard next to a graphic depicting the signature of Toyota president and master driver Akio Toyoda.

e79e0599-2020-toyota-supra-launch-edition-3.jpg

e420cb21-2020-toyota-supra-launch-edition-4.jpg

They should have ditched the weird beak. Anyway... If Dinan, makes a decent tuned setup it could be a deal at 40k after 18k miles used. I'm not mad anymore. but still... I could just get a mk iv for 40k and be happier and it'll probably appreciate in value from here on so yeah tough legacy to follow.

I think it's too early to warrant concern. I'm sure it's meant to be tuned and modded. Let this reactionary stuff drive the price down then come up with a steal.

JDM 2020 Toyota Supra Gets 2.0-Liter Turbo-Four Cylinder With 194 And 258 HP

While the rest of the world is getting the new Toyota Supra with a six-cylinder engine only, JDM customers are getting two extra four-cylinder options in the menu.

The base JDM version of the Toyota Supra is the SZ, powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder unit with 194hp (197PS) and 236lb-ft (320Nm) of torque. Toyota claims a 0-62mph (100km/h) in 6.5 seconds for the Supra SZ. Toyota says the base SZ “allows for a brisk driving sensation from in-town to highway”.

The other four-cylinder Supra is the SZ-R, which offers 254hp (258PS) and 295lb-ft (400Nm) of torque, making it capable of a 0-62mph (100km/h) in 5.2 seconds. According to Toyota, the mid-range JDM Supra “is ideal for light, sporty driving”.

Both four-cylinder versions of the Supra are paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission, making it sort-of official that Toyota won’t offer it with a manual, at least not for now fingers crossed.

The 194hp Supra SZ comes with a curb weight of 1,410kg (3,108lbs) while the 254hp Supra SZ-R sits at 1,450kg (3,196lbs). These figures are official calculations.

074e9912-jdm-2020-toyota-gr-supra-15.jpg

964eb998-jdm-2020-toyota-gr-supra-14.jpg

dc342efc-jdm-2020-toyota-gr-supra-17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom