Toyota SUPRA -2021 adds 2.0L 255hp to the line-up, 3.0L power increased to 383hp

Even the Infinity Q60 Red Sport got a twin turbo 400hp for 50k

tbf, the germans love underrating their ****

it's most likely 335 whp, i've seen q60rs dynos at like 350ish whp

Bimmers Are not the cheapest car to Mod Either have no clue why they went with the BMW L6. These new Engineers Nowadays are not catching the grasp of what made 90s Japanese super cars so special.

straight 6's are BMW bread and butter

cop a jb4 for like $600 and you get 400 to the wheels probably

comparison between 2j and b58

Last edited:
I can live with that seeing as how it starts at 35k

Stage 3 wrx would set you right around that mark as well.

Either way idk why you’d spend money on this if you could get a mk4 for the same price unless you straight up just don’t like cars and only want a new two door or something.

TRD Gives 2020 Toyota GR Supra First Real Tune With Performance Line Concept

TRD’s GR Supra Performance Line is being paraded as a concept, but it’s pretty clear that it’s more of a question of when rather than if these parts will be released for public consumption.

What does the Performance Line introduce?

In this first round of upgrades, TRD focused its attention purely on styling and improving aerodynamics with an assortment of exterior spoilers and trimmings, all made out of lightweight carbon fiber. These include front spoiler with canards, side skirts, door garnish, rear spats, and a trunk spoiler extension.

To match the new exterior revisions, TRD also designed a new set of lightweight, 19-inch forged aluminum wheels finished in black and shod in low profile Michelin performance rubber.

TRD left everything else untouched, including the Supra’s powertrains, which in its home country, include a pair of BMW-sourced 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder units rated at 194 and 258hp, alongside the also BMW-sourced 335hp 3.0-liter inline-six turbo.

1c897b74-2020-toyota-trd-supra-12.jpg

6ef8a84a-2020-toyota-trd-supra-3.jpg

3dd3a143-2020-toyota-trd-supra-2.jpg

36d6fc9a-2020-toyota-trd-supra-4.jpg

83922a08-2020-toyota-trd-supra-5.jpg

814a7fe5-2020-toyota-trd-supra-6.jpg

448d98a4-2020-toyota-trd-supra-19.jpg

Question for all those who think 50k is too much for the Supra. How much do yall think a new Supra was in 97 in today's money?? It think yall should take some time to look it up.

Question for all those who think 50k is too much for the Supra. How much do yall think a new Supra was in 97 in today's money?? It think yall should take some time to look it up.

it was a legit halo car at that time with its other counterparts power wise.

this car can't compete with anything its priced near.

Think if the headlights didnt have that extra line on the bottom and if they (serious) added a wing spoiler it would of had people going bonkers.

Oh, and maybe another 50hp. 385bhp woudnt be terrible at all.

See people are mixing the current mythos of what the Supra is today with how it was view back in the 90s. Yea, we know it was a beast now, but back then, just like today, it was just an overpriced Toyota. In fact, in 97, you could get a vette for cheaper with more power.

EDIT: I wouldn't even be surprised if the hp was purposely underrated as a nod to the "gentlemen's agreement".

See people are mixing the current mythos of what the Supra is today with how it was view back in the 90s. Yea, we know it was a beast now, but back then, just like today, it was just an overpriced Toyota. In fact, in 97, you could get a vette for cheaper with more power.

EDIT: I wouldn't even be surprised if the hp was purposely underrated as a nod to the "gentlemen's agreement".

Saw this argument before. Allegedly anyone who doesn’t love the previous Supra models preceding the fourth generation is a “Fast” fanboy and we only love the “idealized” version of the Supra.

But fact is this. The Supra is supposed to be in the same class as the NSX and the GTR. I get that Toyota wanted this car to be more accessible but at the same time I don’t see Chevy, Dodge or Ford having a hard time producing beasts while keeping their cars at a reasonable price point.

You’re not going to convince me that Toyota couldn’t of made this thing produce at least 450 HP while maintaining a reasonable price tag.

385 horses is a joke in 2019. I see old women whipping five year old Mustangs that go harder.

365 hp vs 400hp is a fair comparison. Depending on torque weight etc since it's not same model that 400hp might get worked.

The more I look at this, the more it reminds me of the RX-8 when it first debuted. It just doesn’t do IT for me.

Maybe I shouldn’t compare the RX-7 to the RX-8 but oh well.

Toyota Supra Engineer Says Model Needs To Evolve, Hints At Entry-Level And Performance Variant

In an interview with Top Gear, Supra chief engineer Tetsuya Tada said the “Supra needs to continue to evolve each year.” This likely means we can expect to see a handful of new variants in the future.

While Tada was coy on specifics, he suggested there will eventually be an entry-level model that uses a BMW-sourced four-cylinder engine. The BMW Z4 sDrive30i features a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 255 hp (190 kW / 258 PS) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque, and it’s possible this engine could find its way into the Supra. If it does, we can expect the coupe to accelerate from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in approximately 5.2 seconds.

While the engine is significantly less powerful than the turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six, which produces 335 hp (250 kW / 340 PS) and 365 lb-ft (494 Nm) of torque, Tada suggested the four-cylinder model could be around 220 lbs (110 kg) lighter.

Speaking of lighter models, Tada hinted at a performance variant with more power and a sportier suspension. He suggested the car could follow in the footsteps of the 86 GRMN which was introduced in 2015 with a carbon fiber hood, plexiglass windows and a large rear wing. The model was also had a retuned suspension, a 99 lbs (45 kg) weight reduction and an upgraded four-cylinder engine with 213 hp (159 kW / 216 PS) and 160 lb-ft (217 Nm) of torque.

In other news, Tada suggested a manual transmission remains a possibility and said a targa variant would be more likely than a convertible. Speaking of the latter, Tata said “I’ve looked at it” but noted some customers aren’t fans of targas because of roof storage issues.

Tata also hinted the interior could be updated in the future. While he didn’t go into details, the Supra borrows heavily from the BMW parts bin so Toyota might want to change that later down the road.

The NSX was also nearly twice the price of the Supra in the 90s...

It's BMW, the numbers are sandbagged.

Toyota didn't learn from honda's mistake with the current NSX. They both spent too long developing it and by the time it was for sale, the competition had better offerings.

Toyota didn't learn from honda's mistake with the current NSX. They both spent too long developing it and by the time it was for sale, the competition had better offerings.

at da very least NSX still looked like da concept...da Supra? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom