Toyota won.

[h1]Toyota sales rise 40 pct in March on incentives[/h1]
NEW YORK

A top Toyota executive says U.S. sales surged 40 percent in March, powered by some of its deepest discounts ever in the wake of millions of recalls.

Toyota Group Vice President Bob Carter says some of the incentives will continue past March, including an offer of free maintenance for return Toyota customers.

Carter made the remarks during an interview at the New York International Auto Show. The Japanese automaker is coping with recalls of more than 8 million vehicles worldwide -- about 6 million in the U.S. -- by offering incentives such as 0-percent financing on recalled models, low-priced leasing and free maintenance.

Carter says Toyota dealers have so far repaired about 2 million recalled vehicles in the U.S.

i've seen new priuses driving around lately so i guess they did.

Props to them, but still wouldn't drive one.

Originally Posted by joesarge

I guess we'll risk anything for a deal, lol.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Spot on.
laugh.gif
[/color]
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I'll take the risk in a toyota

over driving a charger
grin.gif

Somewhere out there Ninjahood is wishing death on you.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I'll take the risk in a toyota

over driving a charger
grin.gif

Somewhere out there Ninjahood is wishing death on you.
on that note.

ill take the risk in an iphone

over using a sidekick
grin.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

joesarge wrote:

this.

if youre in the news constantly then thats basically advertisement

Killing entire families is hardly the type of press Toyota wants.

Moving units is just one aspect of the equation. This may not be profitable for them....yet.

They're setting themselves up for win (if "sales" in this case includes leases) though by clearing inventory. They will get back-end profits on lease returns and their subsequent sales, which won't be recognized for a while.

Sales are up b/c of the heavy discounting.

Wonder what their profits look like.

Originally Posted by joesarge

What's the risk? You taking a chance that you're not smart enough to put a car in neutral? Wooooooooah, don't go too far out on that limb. 
eyes.gif
  In the immortal words of Tom Sizemore, "Its not a spaceship *+@*%%!, drive."

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Moving units is just one aspect of the equation. This may not be profitable for them....yet.

They're setting themselves up for win (if "sales" in this case includes leases) though by clearing inventory. They will get back-end profits on lease returns and their subsequent sales, which won't be recognized for a while.
More importantly, it eats up market share. Consumers buying toyota means they DIND'T buy any other brand.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

40% from when though? LAST MARCH? Or last month? Makes a difference.
These figures almost always mean from last year's sales in March. Business are cyclical and are analyzed from a year to year basis.

That doesn't mean 40% isn't phenomenal though. That's a huge percentage jump no matter what industry you're in.

Back
Top Bottom