Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Yo is Toys R Us still letting this fly? They haven't caught on yet? Tryin to go tomorrow after work.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

did any one actually do a walmart exchange? if so how did it go?

I did a walmart exchange bc I'm done with the TRU scam. No receipt necessary, but they checked mydrivers license if I've returned anything before. Gotmy gift card for $63.something for fifa10

Wow i'm dumb.
laugh.gif

I got 2k10, NFS:Shift, & Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 was $39.99. So they made that one as the free one.

I think ima head back to the same TRU today and be like can I exchange this for a different game since its still qualified as the free one. And get a gift cardfor NFS.

I'm making things complicated on myself
mad.gif
but i'm sure it'llall be worth it by this weekend.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by manamazing55

the scheming is exactly why more and more companies just say frig it, and dont give us any sort of deals lol
FRIG THE COMPANIES. Greedy bastards.
laugh.gif

TRU always prices DVDS and stuff like FYE or something.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

oh the irony of calling someone else greedy and you guys are scamming
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They could easily fix this by changing the value of the games if they're returned. Target does this.

They could make each game worth 1/3rd of the purchse price if returned. Nothing ringing up at $0.00.

WIAT WAIT WAIT!!!!

I can go to walmart and exchange my game for a gift card??? You guys just brought this up to another level.. Thanks niketalk.

Lol, well i'm done wit the Toys' R Us deal. 2 Free games is enough for me. and IMO, its not worth traveling to 4 different TRU. Gets tiring after awhile.

Originally Posted by chino905

Lol, well i'm done wit the Toys' R Us deal. 2 Free games is enough for me. and IMO, its not worth traveling to 4 different TRU. Gets tiring after a while.

Debatable. A free game everytime.

Originally Posted by bamez

Originally Posted by chino905

Lol, well i'm done wit the Toys' R Us deal. 2 Free games is enough for me. and IMO, its not worth traveling to 4 different TRU. Gets tiring after a while.

Debatable. A free game everytime.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
who am i kiddin? I'll probably do the same thing again next year.
laugh.gif
Free Games FTW!

I just exchanged Guitar Hero 5 one of the games i've gotten free from TRU, exchanged it at walmart without a reciept and they gave me 65 and some change instore credit. Bought Uncharted 2 right away since it always seems to be sold out at TRU.

Walmart has to be the easiest place to return merchandise too. Someone even returned an open game today and just said it didn't work and they accepted it.

Ok guys help me out i have NBA 2k10 on PS3 opened i want to exchange it somewhere and get Uncharted 2 where do you guys recommend i go and what do isay???????????

A) Wal-mart
B) Best Buy
C)Toys R Us
D) Give up Hope and fork over the cash!

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Ok guys help me out i have NBA 2k10 on PS3 opened i want to exchange it somewhere and get Uncharted 2 where do you guys recommend i go and what do i say???????????

A) Wal-mart
B) Best Buy
C)Toys R Us

I don't think any store will take an open game and give you anything back, so D would be the option to take.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Ok guys help me out i have NBA 2k10 on PS3 opened i want to exchange it somewhere and get Uncharted 2 where do you guys recommend i go and what do i say???????????

A) Wal-mart
B) Best Buy
C)Toys R Us

I don't think any store will take an open game and give you anything back, so D would be the option to take.
Take it back to store purchased from. Say it doesn't work (skips, etc) Get a new unopened copy of same game. Take unopened copy to anotherstore and exchange for new game. CAKE.

^^
laugh.gif
you guys have answers for every problem..

Picked up Uncharted 2 & Batman: AA..Also picked up Ultimate Alliance 2 as a filler, returned it & got my moneyback..Basically 2 games for the price of 1

I only wanted U2 & Batman anyway..

Yes, we have answers for them ALL.

The funny part is, I haven't BEEN to a Toys R Us for this deal whatsoever. I just appreciate the hustle and like helping others.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm gonna hit up TRU after class tonight. is it the last game that they ring up that's free? How do you make sure the game you want to keep is the freeone without making it obvious?

Man I think they all caught on now, at least here in Los Angeles. I went to three today to try and exchange or return the 2 I paid for with a gift receipt andthey said I needed the original receipt and all 3 games even if I wanted to exchange it. I even called customer service and she said that their system gotchanged over today and that there was no way to just exchange one game for another when the original game was bought during this promotion, so I thinkexchanging one of these for Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out may be problematic. Anyone else get shot down today?

If I get a gift recepit for one game I can take it back to get it exchanged for MW2 when it comes out right.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

I'm gonna hit up TRU after class tonight. is it the last game that they ring up that's free? How do you make sure the game you want to keep is the free one without making it obvious?
Make sure they scan the one you want to keep for free last.. Pick it up and look at it while they're scanning the first two. Dont forget toask for gift receipts.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

If I get a gift recepit for one game I can take it back to get it exchanged for MW2 when it comes out right.

According to what NTers have said, it seems as if YES is the answer. Toys R Us might make some changes here soon though. I'm sure you can keep your giftreceipt and change it with no issues though.

Back
Top Bottom