TRADE RUMOR: Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare, Barbosa, 14th pick

Originally Posted by kobe82410

Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. Source: sports.ktar.com Not sure if this is entirely speculation, but it is being talked about (Gambo & Ash) on the radio as I write this. No sources mentioned, so take it as such. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet. 17banners.com

got it from hoops hype.

discuss

garbage%20can%202.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by kobe82410

Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. Source: sports.ktar.com Not sure if this is entirely speculation, but it is being talked about (Gambo & Ash) on the radio as I write this. No sources mentioned, so take it as such. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet. 17banners.com

got it from hoops hype.

discuss

garbage%20can%202.jpg
it's a rumor, calm down son.

Tevez is right didn't they have the raptors trading Andrea Bargnani to Dallas or something ridiculous that neither team would do?

This trade is stupid and does not make sense for either team.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Am I the only one who thinks this doesnt make sense at all for the Suns? You trade Amare, basically your only PF, and Barbosa, your backup PG, for Rondo, who would probably back up Nash, and Ray Allen when you already have Jason Richardson. I dont get it. You basically swap your only PF to have the option of playing two SG's
at least someone gets it.

it doesn't make any sense at all. they'd be runnin/gunnin all night with no legitimate big man in the middle. Rondo's no back-up neither.

laugh.gif
Delete this thread.

everyone whose saying it doesnt make sense are not looking at the big picture.
real talk.
Originally Posted by arrjae

doesnt make sense,
def. NOT going to happen...

but ....
celtics starting 5
c-amare/ kg
pf- kg / amare
sf- paul pierce
sg- eddie house
g- barbosa

off the bench,
big baby and perkins

suns starting 5
c- shaq
pf- amundson/ lopez
sf- j-rich
sg- ray ray
g- rondo

off the bench,
nash, hill and barnes...
nash would not be coming off the bench. thats theres def. going to be a team that'll make good offers for him, and they're most likelygoing to bring in a center/pf. the problem with this team is that it is WAY too old. shaq+hill+rayray? isnt jason almost past his prime too?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

boston's front court looks scary as hell. aint no team messing with them down low, even with amare's horrible defense.
with the 14th pick, they can pick up a guard/swing. maybe pick up felton off free agency, or whoever, or maybe even resign steph for a small amount.

I will say though

that Boston front-line would be ferocious

Amare&KG? and Perkins/Hmo-baby backing them up?

Barbosa&PP as the back court doesn't seem THAT bad either

Hmm...

I can see this maybe working out but it's it would be a risk for Boston to get rid of their starting PG and a risk for Phoenix because they better have aplan in place to get a replacement PF.

Read this rumor on realgm last night.

Bad deal for both teams.

Celtics would lose a top 10 pg and top 5 shooter who work very well in their system and the Suns would lose a top 5 pf, a valuable scorer off the bench and adraft pick.

Well, Sarver might end up selling the pick but still, not a good trade.

However, the Shaq to Chicago for Deng and someone else rumor is intriguing...

That would be a huge trade. Rondo is bound for breakout season though and the phoenix players are proven. Phoenix needs another big though.

I really couldn't see them trading Rondo after the playoffs he just had. Barbosa is a downgrade for them. And as it was said before, they have plenty ofyoung big men...I'll be shocked if this happens

The Celtics wouldn't even consider a big trade, especially since a huge part of their team was injured during their playoff run. They're not theEastern Conference team that needs to make changes right now.

LOCK IT UP, no question

Back
Top Bottom