TRADE RUMOR: Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare, Barbosa, 14th pick

Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. Source:sports.ktar.com Not sure if this is entirely speculation, but it is being talked about (Gambo & Ash) on the radio as I write this. No sourcesmentioned, so take it as such. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet.17banners.com

got it from hoops hype.

discuss

EDIT:

i think some of you guys are forgetting how bad amare wants out of phoenix. he's DEFINITELY not resigning with the suns once next summer comes around. SOthe suns would trade him to get something for him, instead of just letting him go.

nash is 35 y.o now, and the people that say that nash would start over rondo are wrong. the suns are trying to build a definsive identy, and nash is, IMO, theworst defender at the PG. Rondo on the suns would be sick. I'm guessing that they would try to trade steve for a productive big man.

for the celtics, this would give them the best front court in the league, hands down, NO CONTEST.

having rondo on the court allows for defenders to play off of him and get in the lanes, help out on the big man, etc, since his shot is complete trash. getting a PG (stephon or flynn/jrue?) that can shoot will spread the floor out for thier scorers(whom they have ALOT of if they can pull this trade off)

i think this could be a servicable trade for both teams.

so let me get this straight boston give up there raising star point guard who averaged a triple doubles and double doubles and there best shooter for a guywith 1 eye and barbosa....

i hope it happens
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

guess they figure they can re-sign amare which i doubt(celtics)

and im thinking they feel that maybe marbury could start at point guard

sp the starting five would be

amare
KG
BIg Baby
Paul Pierce
Starbury?

Kerr couldnt pull it off in his best days.

Celts starting line up would be. Starbury Barbosa Pierce KG Amare

Suns still have nash, rondo aint gonna be no back up. How is this even a rumor?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Makes no sense on Boston's part.

how much seasons does ray have left ?
and is rondo a good Pg, or just apart of a good system where he is the 4th option

lol is danny ainge ******ed? they're giving up a 2nd year star in rondo (hate to admit he's a star but i have to due to his playoff performances) andthey're getting amare when they already have KG and perkins and 9232923 other big men. dumb trade.

Originally Posted by EB4President

Suns still have nash, rondo aint gonna be no back up. How is this even a rumor?
Well remember, there have already been whispers about moving Nash.

But I just don't see why Boston would do this. So I call bull #!%+.

It makes perfect sense

Ray Allen was maybe 2 years

Amare& Barbosa> Rando

It makes sense, but doesn't at the same time.

I guess Boston figures since this draft has like 15 capable point guards in it, they'll be able to grab someone who can help. Trading Ray I can understand,but both Ray and Rondo?...

Isiah Thomas HAS to be behind this some kind of way...

Originally Posted by LB510

It makes perfect sense

Ray Allen was maybe 2 years

Amare& Barbosa> Rando

Ray's deal ends next year and Rondo is arguably Boston's most important player.

Amare is nice, but how's he going to fit in the locker room? Barbosa has never shown any ability to run PG full time either. The 14th pick is enticingfor a team as old as Boston is, but not worth Rondo and Ray.

Back
Top Bottom