Trade War USA Vs. China

John Wick

formerly jayzonmytoes

I been following this issue ever since the USA banned Huawei from entering the USA a few years ago and the legal battles Apple has been fighting with Qualcomm which seems like forever now.

I wanted to put this in the Apple thread but this is bigger than the Apple thread. Apple just got pulled into this fight with the USA and China trade war with China's new threats if Canada doesn't send back the CFO to China.

This is getting out of hand. Dude in the video above sums it up pretty good where we are at after the arrest of the CFO of Huawei.

and this is also a good read

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/06/tech/what-is-huawei/index.html

But my opinion is why not just ban government employees and contractors or whoever works directly with the USA government from purchasing Huawei products?

Why would one of China's fastest growing companies jeopardize the whole company to spy on a couple of high brass government employees?

and China already makes hella iphones and use or products in their country but the USA doesn't want China products here in the USA over national security.

I believe its over the trade war, jobs, and trying to slow or weaken the Chinese economy.

Now Canada what are you going to do about it?

What are yall thoughts on this issue?

What are yall thoughts on this issue?
9B8E9F09-5EB5-4117-9A43-B4A28366F62C.gif

People buy iPhones everyday B, you’ll be aight.

9B8E9F09-5EB5-4117-9A43-B4A28366F62C.gif

People buy iPhones everyday B, you’ll be aight.

trust im not worried about me this is bigger than me.

all the people who work for apple might be in trouble

and all the people who work in china on apple products and have apps in the apple app store might be in trouble.

The apple and Qualcomm thing bout some patents
The ban in China only covers iPhones 6-x
And somethingbto fo with camera
Apple sending a patch next week
To address the issue
The xr and xs aren’t banned
Qualcomm has tried to get that one but it’s not using whatever is patented
But either way
Next week after the patch
The 6-x won’t be banned anymore
A lil more Lil details about the issue that’s not in the vid or post are missing
But nothing major

The apple and Qualcomm thing bout some patents
The ban in China only covers iPhones 6-x
And somethingbto fo with camera
Apple sending a patch next week
To address the issue
The xr and xs aren’t banned
Qualcomm has tried to get that one but it’s not using whatever is patented
But either way
Next week after the patch
The 6-x won’t be banned anymore
A lil more Lil details about the issue that’s not in the vid or post are missing
But nothing major

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/14/18140540/apple-qualcomm-software-update-china-ban

check out this article

I doubt a software fix is going to satisfy this issue with qualcomm.

Plus if the USA does lock the CFO up what stops China from just out right banning the iphone?

its bigger than qualcomm vs apple now that China government is now involved

Apple Seeking to Shift iPhone Production to Pegatron to Offset Chinese Qualcomm Ban
Dec 14, 2018 4:00 am PST by Tim Hardwick
Apple is reportedly looking to shift production of older iPhones to Taiwanese supplier Pegatron in an effort to avoid losing billions in revenue as a result of its patent dispute with Qualcomm.

pegatron_logo.jpg
Earlier this week, Qualcomm was granted an import ban on the iPhone 6s through iPhone X in China after the court found those devices violated two Qualcomm patents.

However, according to documents seen by Nikkei Asian Review, smartphones produced by Pegatron are exempt from the ban because the Taiwanese supplier paid license fees for the contested software, whereas rival iPhone assemblers Foxconn and Wistron did not.
One of the sources with direct knowledge of the situation said Apple had held initial discussions with Pegatron about whether the Taiwan-based company could take on more iPhone production to make up for the impact of the ban. No decision has yet been taken, however.

[...]

Taking into account a consumer shift to newer models, it is estimated that the order barring production of older iPhone models by Foxconn and Wistron could hit Apple's sales by some $5 billion in 2018 or 3% of total iPhone revenue.

This could be halved to about $2.5 billion if Pegatron is exempted, two sources said. And if Apple later decides to ask Pegatron to step up production, the impact would be even less, the sources added.Apple has warned that upholding the iPhone ban would cause "truly irreparable harm" to Apple, other companies, and consumers if it is forced to withdraw its devices from the market.

Late on Thursday, Apple said it will release a software update to iPhone users in China early next week that the company says should address the patent-related issues.

I'd consider this noise a buying opportunity for AAPL at $170. Joint going to be $350 in five years. Too much money involved for AAPL to take any major longterm L's here. They'll figure it out.

Apple Seeking to Shift iPhone Production to Pegatron to Offset Chinese Qualcomm Ban
Dec 14, 2018 4:00 am PST by Tim Hardwick
Apple is reportedly looking to shift production of older iPhones to Taiwanese supplier Pegatron in an effort to avoid losing billions in revenue as a result of its patent dispute with Qualcomm.

pegatron_logo.jpg
Earlier this week, Qualcomm was granted an import ban on the iPhone 6s through iPhone X in China after the court found those devices violated two Qualcomm patents.

However, according to documents seen by Nikkei Asian Review, smartphones produced by Pegatron are exempt from the ban because the Taiwanese supplier paid license fees for the contested software, whereas rival iPhone assemblers Foxconn and Wistron did not.
One of the sources with direct knowledge of the situation said Apple had held initial discussions with Pegatron about whether the Taiwan-based company could take on more iPhone production to make up for the impact of the ban. No decision has yet been taken, however.

[...]

Taking into account a consumer shift to newer models, it is estimated that the order barring production of older iPhone models by Foxconn and Wistron could hit Apple's sales by some $5 billion in 2018 or 3% of total iPhone revenue.

This could be halved to about $2.5 billion if Pegatron is exempted, two sources said. And if Apple later decides to ask Pegatron to step up production, the impact would be even less, the sources added.Apple has warned that upholding the iPhone ban would cause "truly irreparable harm" to Apple, other companies, and consumers if it is forced to withdraw its devices from the market.

Late on Thursday, Apple said it will release a software update to iPhone users in China early next week that the company says should address the patent-related issues.

so if apple does do this still doesnt help the China workers and developers of apps.

Man USA might have the boot on China's neck in this trade war.

Time will tell.

so if apple does do this still doesnt help the China workers and developers of apps.

Man USA might have the boot on China's neck in this trade war.

Time will tell.
:lol:
I don’t think apple gonna be the deciding factor in this trade war

:lol:
I don’t think apple gonna be the deciding factor in this trade war

never said there were tho i was implying on moving their production like the article you posted pointed out. Why I didnt put this in the apple thread because its bigger than them. This trade war between china and the usa done now made them a chess piece in the game from china.

But i do believe if china does outright ban the iphone they also going to be inflicting harm to their own people.

Maybe all those people will move to huawei.

and if taiwan takes their jobs china might end up coming for taiwan on whatever trades they got going on together.

Or china finds something else in their country that usa is dependent on them for

never said there were tho i was implying on moving their production like the article you posted pointed out. Why I didnt put this in the apple thread because its bigger than them. This trade war between china and the usa done now made them a chess piece in the game from china.

If that’s the case rename the thread title to Trade War USA vs China. Their are other companies involved in this like Nike.

Isn't all of this stemming from Team Trump's fear of CHINA 2025 Doctrine?

allegedly

but politics aside

im looking at the cause and effects of these companies who are being effected on what their potential future plans might be.

tweet gone what did it say

"China just announced that their economy is growing much slower than anticipated because of our Trade War with them. They have just suspended U.S. Tariff Hikes. U.S. is doing very well. China wants to make a big and very comprehensive deal. It could happen, and rather soon!"

"China just announced that their economy is growing much slower than anticipated because of our Trade War with them. They have just suspended U.S. Tariff Hikes. U.S. is doing very well. China wants to make a big and very comprehensive deal. It could happen, and rather soon!"
China reduced some of their retaliatory tariff rates back to what they were before the trade war as part of a 90 day truce agreement with the US.
The US' economy is projected to grow slower than anticipated in part because of the trade war as well.
(Source: Congressional Budget Office 2019 economic projections, Goldman Sachs 2019 economic projections)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ong-in-2018-to-slow-in-2019-cbo-idUSKBN1KY23R
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/417531-slowing-economy-looms-as-2020-challenge-for-gop

It's also good to remember that while China is of course the most important aspect of the trade war, it is not the only country imposing retaliatory tariffs on the US.
485f7cb451eef607a44df7c501e2558b.png

To some lesser extent you have India and Turkey as well.
b946f49e99cd4815663a42baa833a080.png

Last edited:

Apple just shoved its chip and 5G plans in Qualcomm’s face
https://www.slashgear.com/apple-5g-processor-chip-design-job-listings-qualcomm-intel-15553842/

If you can’t beat them, grab their talent. Apple is hunting for wireless chip and processor designers on Qualcomm’s home turf, lending weight to the ongoing rumors that it plans to bring as much of its future chipset design in-house as possible, and potentially oust current partners like Intel from its iPhone and Mac ranges.

Sounds like Chuck McGill from Better call saul.

The US is further isolating itself.

But...

Trade war? US is getting killed in major industries. The farmer billion dollar buy out alone cost more than everything combined. Ain’t not “war” :lol:

Back
Top Bottom