Trading cards?

I’ve notice a rise in trading cards at least from people within the sneaker community. Specifically basketball. Is there any collectors out there? I’m looking to start up myself.

right here
or

Upper deck/ topps etc i had on deck since like 96-97 ...basketball cards as well as watching basketball on tv went hand & hand with sneakergame because dudes seen em there first & be like “i need those”...used to sell cards as a side hustle during junior high school days (good profits for a 13-14 year old) ...stopped f***in with them early 2000s...Last remaining joints i had from late 90s ...used to have the big az binder with the plastic pages where u store the cards in..good days

8FA27D30-AECC-4C91-BCA3-05DF5467B84A.jpeg
469D2D5B-BADF-40F7-80F5-3CB9EDE35FA4.jpeg

One of my employees is a major card collector. He has over 400k in his personal collection and even more memorabilia that he sells and trades

basically knows everything there is to know about cards, card companies, card values, etc. dude gets so deep in this ****. He brings in printing plates and ****. Autographed 1of1 cards with game worn pieces of jerseys.

last week he showed me a joe burrow 1 of 1 autographed Card. Won it in a raffle. Paid $30 for the raffle spot. Sold the card for $5,000 on eBay. winner paid him within 30 seconds :lol:

He’s a cool dude though. He owns tons of Kobe stuff and refused to sell any of it when Kobe died, even though its worth a small fortune. Didn’t wanna profit from someone’s death.

I think it’s too late in life to start up something like that but I always thought that was cool. At least with cards, you have a connection to the sport or the players you know? Can read the stats. Can think about where you were the year it came out and what teams were good. It’s much cooler than just collecting a random object.

Upper deck/ topps etc i had on deck since like 96-97 ...basketball cards as well as watching basketball on tv went hand & hand with sneakergame because dudes seen em there first & be like “i need those”...used to sell cards as a side hustle during junior high school days (good profits for a 13-14 year old) ...stopped f***in with them early 2000s...Last remaining joints i had from late 90s ...used to have the big az binder with the plastic pages where u store the cards in..good days

I remember in jhs findng abunch of NBA hoops card at this book store in Brooklyn , for like 25¢ each, Years later I found out they were worthless, lol. I was young and didn't know better. Thought I was gonna be on a come up if I saved them lol.

469D2D5B-BADF-40F7-80F5-3CB9EDE35FA4.jpeg

Man put those cards in some sleeve and in a binder. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom