Transfer Student Help Vol. Where my college heads at?

So guys I finally finished my GE at the local community college (CRC for the people from Sac) and I have a couple choices as far as colleges. I've narrowed it down to

21294_full.jpg

unlv1.jpg

csulb-best-colleges.jpg

ArizonaStateUniversity.jpg

and of course the hometown school
Cal-State-Sacramento-Hornets6.jpg

If you guys had a choice, where would you go?

and for participating
Spoiler [+]
Esther-Baxter-9.jpg

hitomi-tanaka-shower-02.jpg

halle_berry2.jpg

KATY-PERRY-SNL-ELMO.jpg

64826.jpg

kim-kardashian-no-clothes.jpg

kim%2Bkardashian%2Bbikini%2Bbody2.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Id say ASU or Long Beach.. How many years did it take you to finish? 

I started Fall 09' but I graduated high school in 07' so I should've graduated by now
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Id say ASU or Long Beach.. How many years did it take you to finish? 

I started Fall 09' but I graduated high school in 07' so I should've graduated by now
grin.gif
Oh fa sho. Bigs ups to you fam. Good luck 

Originally Posted by Weekz

i dont know much. why not ucla or ucb?
I only have a 2.6 GPA. To get into UCLA you need at least a 3.1 as a transfer student. Berkeley you need higher than that

I would go to ASU out of those choices. Have a bunch of buddies that went there and they definitely have a blast. Make sure you are disciplined though because a school like that can definitely get you off track. I also went the CC route and big ups to you for finishing man.

I go to CSUN right now.  So, I would say CSUN! 

Close to Los Angeles, the beaches, and OC.

What is you major?

Originally Posted by imsleepy1234

What is you major?
Journalism. I like CSUN alot and since my girl goes there I've visited the campus plenty of times. So I kind of know my way around the school and city. Whats your major? And what year are you in?

I might be wrong, but I believe UNLV is ridiculously close to the Strip. Could be a gift or a curse.

ASU if you're a party guy. I've also been to some quite crackin' parties at Long Beach. Surrounding area is pretty rough, though.

Stear clear of Northridge. The Valley
sick.gif

What is you major?
Journalism. I like CSUN alot and since my girl goes there I've visited the campus plenty of times. So I kind of know my way around the school and city. Whats your major? And what year are you in?

My major is cccounting and I just transferred last Spring 2011.  I think all schools are the same, it's what you make out of it is what matters.  Also, seems like there is always something to do every weekend to distract you from studying.  

The valley heat sucks BTW.

What is you major?

My major is cccounting and I just transferred last Spring 2011.  I think all schools are the same, it's what you make out of it is what matters.  Also, seems like there is always something to do every weekend to distract you from studying.
Lol so true. CSUN be having hella dorm parties and @%!$
laugh.gif

Out of statue tuition is
sick.gif
(Even if your parents can afford to pay it all without any loans, you might as well as go to a state school anyway and use the excess cash for a whip)
Go to LB

UNLV. Joint is literally a block away from the Strip. Go clubbing on industry days/locals night out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WAIT UR JOURNALISM???

CSUF has the best on the west coast...Im journalism as well, I have everything lined up (but Im the sports editor of the paper)...ASU is the best out of all of those by far...

Why didnt u even look at CSUF?

Tempe CC aka Arizona State.

CSULB and CSUN will be cheaper due to in state tuition. You have to take that into consideration.

I was a media relations/journalism major and did a lot of work in the entertainment industry (internships/paid). It's an advantage UNLV and ASU don't have.

The economy being what it is you have to consider how this decision will affect your post grad plans.

Good luck

If you can afford it, UNLV or ASU (you only experience college once, might as well go outside your comfort zone).
However the more conservative route would be, CSULB or CSUN. Why not UC Davis, UC Riverside, SF State or CSUF? Those are also good schools, but for journalism I'll co-sign CSUF as well since I heard good things about their program.

Congrats OP.. For me, those first two years were when I had to sacrifice the most. I'd say ASU or UNLV based off of prestige. But ultimately, it's whatever that's most convenient for you. What institution are you leaning towards?

Back
Top Bottom