transferring from an associates program to a bachelors program?

is this possible? can someone help me out
I'm trying to help a friend out. 

she got accepted into this school (city tech), and she was planning to go there for a semester and then planning to transfer into another school that is better

the problem is that.. the school that accepted her only has associates degrees in what she wants to study  

so could she enroll in that and then transfer to the other school into a bachelors program? 

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

is this possible? can someone help me out
I'm trying to help a friend out. 

she got accepted into this school (city tech), and she was planning to go there for a semester and then planning to transfer into another school that is better

the problem is that.. the school that accepted her only has associates degrees in what she wants to study  

so could she enroll in that and then transfer to the other school into a bachelors program?

she needs to meet with each school she wants to attend and see what each curriculum requires. They may be SIMILAR, that doesn't make them the same though with the same requirements, and she may run into issues of transferring credits. If there isn't some sort of parallel program, she may have to jump through hoops to work that out.

80848950.jpg

Your friend is better off finishing the associates degree @ city tech and just transferring over into a bachelor program elsewhere. I wanted to do 2 semesters at city tech and then transfer over to city college but I found out that some of the credits DO NOT transfer and I would have to take the classes again. Also, I heard that city tech is an easier school compared to others.

You just asked some stuff that's extra normal, of course she can transfer granted she meets requirements.

Back
Top Bottom