[::Trey Songz - 'Passion, Pain & Pleasure' Thread- (240K 1st week. #2 album. Lost to LP by 1K)::]

i wanna see Trey make real love songs instead of always talking about sex...i get it he's a young dude but i think he'll be much better when he stops with so much sex although those songs are much appreciated also...

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Hmmm...artists can have it on lock these days with 1 top 10 single in their career and a gold album after 6 singles?
laugh.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Let's be clear, Trey is dope. His voice is dope, and he has a lot of talent. But the artists that truly have it on smash don't have to drop albums that fast. His label clearly is aware of that, and they are rushing a follow up in an attempt to solidify his position.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The R&B game is sooo wide open right now. There is not a single male R&B singer killing the charts (Usher isn't included in this category). The women have plenty of competition on their side. Trey is pretty much playing a game of, "Well, no one else is here so..."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, Ready was cool. I hope his next album is even better. Still waiting for him to top his debut, because that CD was ill[/font]
I dont disagree with anything you've said, i didnt mean he'd be anywhere near what Usher ever was 
laugh.gif

All i meant was he'd be the biggest name in RnB' at least for the next couple of years if he capitalizes on the rise of popularity.

I consider it to be:

1)Ne-Yo

2)Trey

Right now, but if he comes correct with his fourth album it has to be AT LEAST:

1a)Ne-Yo

1b)Trey

Trey still has lots of work to do, Trey Day was far from a great album...it was extremely dissapointing so he still has to make up for that.

Ready is great imo, but his first album is still flawless and by far his best work. 

"All the Ifs" is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^RnB?

You must be just talking about this "neo-rnb" because cats like Ant Ham, John Legend, Maxwell, Musiq, Robin Thicke, etc, are easily killing Trey. Don't get it twisted. Just because girls scream for him, don't mean his got it like that.

Any of the aforementioned artists can put out an album tomorrow and it would make Trey look like yesterday's news. Like DMV said, these artists can sit back, go make good music, and come back in another few years and still have it "on smash". Trey aint that status yet.

That's not to dog Trey though. He's nice. Real nice. Just got a little bit more work to do to be considered in the upper echelon of male rnb artists.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

^RnB?

You must be just talking about this "neo-rnb" because cats like Ant Ham, John Legend, Maxwell, Musiq, Robin Thicke, etc, are easily killing Trey. Don't get it twisted. Just because girls scream for him, don't mean his got it like that.

Any of the aforementioned artists can put out an album tomorrow and it would make Trey look like yesterday's news. Like DMV said, these artists can sit back, go make good music, and come back in another few years and still have it "on smash". Trey aint that status yet.

That's not to dog Trey though. He's nice. Real nice. Just got a little bit more work to do to be considered in the upper echelon of male rnb artists.
This.

The only track that went off on me was "black roses".

And it help if he wrote the "hit" songs he's getting credit for.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Let's be clear, Trey is dope. His voice is dope, and he has a lot of talent. But the artists that truly have it on smash don't have to drop albums that fast. His label clearly is aware of that, and they are rushing a follow up in an attempt to solidify his position.

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The R&B game is sooo wide open right now. There is not a single male R&B singer killing the charts (Usher isn't included in this category). The women have plenty of competition on their side. Trey is pretty much playing a game of, "Well, no one else is here so..."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, Ready was cool. I hope his next album is even better. Still waiting for him to top his debut, because that CD was ill[/font]
yup, agree on all that...that's exactly what happened.

After his first album, he traded in his "soulfulness" for formulated hit/radio records. And I dont blame him at all, b/c it is a business, and that's the easiest road to success/the money.... I just hope down the line he can find a balance between the two, cuz his first album was one of my favorites of that last decade, but his last 2 has a very watered down feeling to them imo....he still kills the mixtape %*@! tho.
c/s his first CD is by far his best one..Ready was coo but too many filler tracks for me

His new album will be wack because his music is slowly turning into pop. He's not doing R&B, last album I liked was "Trey Day". His first album was real nice too but "Ready" was BUNS

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Trey benefited a lot off of Chris Brown's situation.

Tell the truth.

only fools think other wise. and if CB every got his fame and fans back  trey would take a back seat AGAIN

Well...according to sources this is the official tracklist:

1 Here We Go Again (Interlude)
2 Love Faces
3 Massage
4 Alone
5 Bottoms Up feat. Nicki Minaj
6 Pain (Interlude)
7 Can’t Be Friends
8 Please Return My Call
9 Made To Be Together
10 Pleasure (Interlude)
11 Red Lipstick
12 Doorbell
13 Passion (Interlude)
14 Unfortunate
15 I Like Dat (Freak Freaky Dance)
16 Blind
17 You Just Need Me

I dont know what to think...i guess its kinda cool that he only has one feature. I have a feeling this will be a heavy RnB album as compared to the bulk of hip hop songs on Ready. I guess it woulda been nice to see him have a couple features though...at least Drake and Loso
ohwell.gif

Oh well, cant judge an album by its tracklist. Hopefully its flames
pimp.gif

I felt like he took the neyo approach on ready, none of his songs really had emotion in them...he was just singing

Does that dude, dance..?think I played baseball against him maybe he was on the bonnies , or those ugly wannabes carbon copy look alikes fakes freeloaders. Lol... Hit me..

Originally Posted by Tito516

Does that dude, dance..?think I played baseball against him maybe he was on the bonnies , or those ugly wannabes carbon copy look alikes fakes freeloaders. Lol... Hit me..
1222353476150.jpg

have no idea what you're talkin about, bro.

Def lookin forward to this
pimp.gif
...especially since Ready was a letdown off the heels of Anticipation which I feel is his best collection of work, period..

Back
Top Bottom