[::Trey Songz - 'Passion, Pain & Pleasure' Thread- (240K 1st week. #2 album. Lost to LP by 1K)::]

Amidst scoring his first Top 10 single with "Say Aah" featuring Fabolous off his Gold-certified album, "Ready," Trey Songz is already getting ready to move onto his fourth studio album. Confirmed by manager Kevin Liles, the R&B superstar has already been hard at work on new material.

"September 14th, new album. He's not gonna stop," Liles confirmed in a chat with MTV News. "He's gonna keep his foot on people's necks, and he's going to make sure they understand that we have to redefine R&B. We have to go work hard every single day to be the best."

Trey recently shot an episode with MTV Unplugged which he raved about on his Twitter Page. Trey is said to have performed records like "Say Aah," "I Invented Sex," Kings Of Leon's "Use Somebody," and Sam Cook's "A Change Is Going To Come" and that episode is set to air on April 26th.
pimp.gif
trigga!! cant wait to see that mtv unplugged sesh, if he comes correct on this next album he'll officially have the RnB' game on lock.

Yeuuup!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: OFFICIAL TRACKLIST

1 Here We Go Again (Interlude)
2 Love Faces
3 Massage
4 Alone
5 Bottoms Up feat. Nicki Minaj
6 Pain (Interlude)
7 Can’t Be Friends
8 Please Return My Call
9 Made To Be Together
10 Pleasure (Interlude)
11 Red Lipstick
12 Doorbell
13 Passion (Interlude)
14 Unfortunate
15 I Like Dat (Freak Freaky Dance)
16 Blind
17 You Just Need Me

Great news...but....the last time Trey promised a fall release of an album (Ready) I ended up waiting two summers in a row
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Great news...but....the last time Trey promised a fall release of an album (Ready) I ended up waiting two summers in a row
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 i feel ya man. I mean to be perfectly honest and realistic, in this day and age its very rare for an original release date to stick without any pushbacks.
Of course i dont necessarily believe itll be out on that date, but i guess the fact that a release day was simply announced makes it exciting. Hes back in the studio with Johnta workin on it as we speak according to his twitter. 
pimp.gif

Didnt know K Liles was dudes manager.

...makes since tho, bc at the BP3 tour I saw dude walking around alot on the side of the stage before trey went on

grin.gif
Raheem>Trey.

Dudes a bum...had a show in l.a. last week and didnt even sing...he kept having the crowd sing the words.

Trey got it on lock right now but I dont see this date sticking

funny Trey went from last chance to one of the hottest stars out there

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Trey got it on lock right now but I dont see this date sticking

funny Trey went from last chance to one of the hottest stars out there

This.
Just goes to show you, persistence and hard work pays off. He had way too much talent to be so unknown. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

trigga!! cant wait to see that mtv unplugged sesh, if he comes correct on this next album he'll officially have the RnB' game on lock.
Took him three attempts to make a potential classic album. We got cats who put out classics their first go around who are still going strong. Don't be fooled.

That being said, he is coming for necks and I can't wait til september. I loved Ready.
pimp.gif

Wow, he is only gold with all that airplay, that's sad. Ready is a good album , hope the next one is better.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

grin.gif
Raheem>Trey.

Dudes a bum...had a show in l.a. last week and didnt even sing...he kept having the crowd sing the words.

Nothing wrong with that at all.. Making sure the fans are involved is very good, my bredgren...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 i feel ya man. I mean to be perfectly honest and realistic, in this day and age its very rare for an original release date to stick without any pushbacks.
Of course i dont necessarily believe itll be out on that date, but i guess the fact that a release day was simply announced makes it exciting. Hes back in the studio with Johnta workin on it as we speak according to his twitter. 
pimp.gif

i'm buying...i'm still kinda hopin First Love will be on there 
laugh.gif

Ready is good but it could have been better...hopefully we get that this time around...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Ready is good but it could have been better...hopefully we get that this time around...
You still waiting on that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

You still waiting on that?
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
 i really just wanna hear what female singer they'll put on there...i can't think of any other than Keri but i don't want her 

Hmmm...artists can have it on lock these days with 1 top 10 single in their career and a gold album after 6 singles?
laugh.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Let's be clear, Trey is dope. His voice is dope, and he has a lot of talent. But the artists that truly have it on smash don't have to drop albums that fast. His label clearly is aware of that, and they are rushing a follow up in an attempt to solidify his position.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The R&B game is sooo wide open right now. There is not a single male R&B singer killing the charts (Usher isn't included in this category). The women have plenty of competition on their side. Trey is pretty much playing a game of, "Well, no one else is here so..."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, Ready was cool. I hope his next album is even better. Still waiting for him to top his debut, because that CD was ill[/font]

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Let's be clear, Trey is dope. His voice is dope, and he has a lot of talent. But the artists that truly have it on smash don't have to drop albums that fast. His label clearly is aware of that, and they are rushing a follow up in an attempt to solidify his position.

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The R&B game is sooo wide open right now. There is not a single male R&B singer killing the charts (Usher isn't included in this category). The women have plenty of competition on their side. Trey is pretty much playing a game of, "Well, no one else is here so..."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, Ready was cool. I hope his next album is even better. Still waiting for him to top his debut, because that CD was ill[/font]
yup, agree on all that...that's exactly what happened.

After his first album, he traded in his "soulfulness" for formulated hit/radio records. And I dont blame him at all, b/c it is a business, and that's the easiest road to success/the money.... I just hope down the line he can find a balance between the two, cuz his first album was one of my favorites of that last decade, but his last 2 has a very watered down feeling to them imo....he still kills the mixtape %*@! tho.

Back
Top Bottom