Trip to Chicago..any suggestions/places to visit??

Planning a trip to Chi-town...Im from Los Angeles..first time going to another state other then vegas...couple questions....
Whens a good time to make the trip?

Suggestions on hotels?

Where should i visit? Nice resturants/shopping/site seeing/clubs/bars?

Hit up a Hawks game, Magic City 
pimp.gif

i was thinking about catching a bulls game...im definetly putting magic city in the agenda....what else?

thank you..been lurkin for years, had a diff name couple years ago, but forgot username/pw...sooo fresh start

i went for the first time in july 2009. i loved it.
im from providence, rhode island, and lived in manhattan for about 6 months, and go to school and boston and can say that chicago is my favorite city ive been to.

i would try to go in the summer time, def catch a cubs game. the vibe outside of wrigley is real cool. hit up millenium park. def go to the beach, great views of the city and of course the females.

maybe go to the sears tower (called willis now) or the hancock. magnificant mile is cool if you are tryna drop some dough.

i went to giordanos on rush street and thought the pizza was dope.

i cant wait to go back!

wow thanks for the suggestions scarface...seems like a great city...btw does anyone know whats that river that u can go on a boat tour on? it was in the morning Break Up w/ vince vaughn...that seems pretty cool.....any Chicago-ans have some spots?

Originally Posted by moo23

Planning a trip to Chi-town...Im from Los Angeles..first time going to another state other then vegas...couple questions....
Whens a good time to make the trip?

Suggestions on hotels?

Where should i visit? Nice resturants/shopping/site seeing/clubs/bars?
Nike town espn zone, Geno's east pizza

Hotel The drake is amzinggggggggggggggg ( if u have the cash)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

have a great trip

if you have enough time go to wicker park and check the indipendent stores and restaurants in that area (st alfreds etc etc)

if you are downtown you might want to check the Leaders location on wells street that is really close. I would skip Giordano's and Gino's east and go to a place called Pizano's (less filling and really tasty).

Check division street for sport bars if you are drinking beer or the Wit hotel and the AWESOME terrace at the 28th floor if you are looking for a more upscale (but stll cool) place.

Eat some Garret's popcorns. If you like jazz music go to the Green Mill for one of the most beautiful jazz clubs i ever been to. if you like blues go to Kingston mines or the blues club.

If you want to avoid paying the cost to get on the hancock observatorium they have a bar called the signature lounge, drinks are around 14 bucks and it's the price that you would pay for the ticket but you can have a drink instead (it's another upscale place).

Check the vintage stores around the city (wicker park or Belmont avenue).

If you like sushi there is a place called SURA on broadway that every mon and tue has all you can eat sushi for $ 22, best all you can eat sushi of my entire life.

Chicago is a great place, a little segregated and divided but a fun city.

Have fun

I went to Chicago last summer for the first time and had a great time. We stayed at the Hard Rock hotel near Michigan Ave. It was definitely the most reasonably priced hotel in the area and it was very nice. I suggest staying there because you are near all transportation to get around and can walk to all the good stores and restaurants on Rush st.

We went to two Cubs games, something you must do. We also took the architecture boat tour through the river that runs through the city which is something I highly suggest. Lake michigan is awesome as well.

I live in NYC but Chicago is my favorite city to visit. Def need to get back out there soon.

I live in the CHI and lots of great suggestions. Best thing is to let us know where you'll be around and for how long. There is so much to do you'll never get it all in on one trip.

Chicago is great. Going back again in august for Lollapalooza. I recommend the Hancock if you want a nice view of the city. Unless you get there early there is always a line for Sears tower.

Talbert

I was there the weekend of Halloween and it's a great city. Didn't quite get to see everything as it was just a weekend, and kinda cold. We stayed at The Dana hotel. Place was sweet. Kinda expensive tho.

We went to the Shed Aquarium. Kinda cool. Went to all the shops on Michigan Ave.

Def gonna go back in the Summer sometime to see more. Might not be this year since my wife and I are going to San Fran.

Mag mile, Shedd aquarium. Field Museum. Lincoln Park Zoo, whatever that harbor thingy is.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Niketown was a dissapointment in my eyes.
have you ever been to one that wasn't?

however Niketown in the mid 90's during the Jordan years was
eek.gif
. Always had cool rare kicks from players on display. I think the internet and niketalk helped to kill the awesomeness of Niketown.

Suggestion: Whatever you do, wear a Seattle Mariner's throwback fitted, with the pitchfork tilted to the left side. You'll be alright
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moo23

indifferent.gif
really tho, really

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Mag mile, Shedd aquarium. Field Museum. Lincoln Park Zoo, whatever that harbor thingy is.
That sounds like what my field trips were like when I lived there. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Suggestion: Whatever you do, wear a Seattle Mariner's throwback fitted, with the pitchfork tilted to the left side. You'll be alright
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
worst. Advice. Ever. A lot of other good suggestions in here though. I hope the weather is decent while your here.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Nawth21

That sounds like what my field trips were like when I lived there. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I get mad geeked for shopping and science crap
embarassed.gif
  Our science museum suuuucks

i don't advise on taking the red line south of howard...lol

hit up a bulls game mos def....

you can walk around 35th and King if you want to make "friends"

House Of Hoops!!!!!!

The City has much to offer....

Originally Posted by JTOTHAO

1. if you have enough time go to wicker park and check the indipendent stores and restaurants in that area (st alfreds etc etc)

2. If you want to avoid paying the cost to get on the hancock observatorium they have a bar called the signature lounge, drinks are around 14 bucks and it's the price that you would pay for the ticket but you can have a drink instead (it's another upscale place).

3. Chicago is a great place, a little segregated and divided but a fun city.
1. definitely...Wicker Park is a great area overall...lots to offer, whether it be bars, shopping, etc.  Also, you might consider checking out Lincoln Park by Depaul if you're looking for a lively area.

2. If you're 21, you should consider this...you'll save like $15 I think if you just go up and get one drink...only problem is you can't get pics and views of every angle around the building like you can if you go to the top floor.  If you do go the bar though, demand a window table!

3. VERY segregated
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

i would try to go in the summer time, def catch a cubs game. the vibe outside of wrigley is real cool.
THIS...is a MUST! 

wow thanks for the suggestions guys..after checking out some of the hotel suggestions, ill probably be staying at the W or Hard Rock...
im going for 5 days so i got plenty of time to do most of the things u guys suggested...

Mag. Mile...Cubs game...hopefully a first round bulls game...Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium sounds cool...im guessing that was the Architecture Boat tour that was in that movie, so ill check that out...and a bunch of eating places and shopping (wicker park, Mich Ave).

Frank Mucas is trying to get me killed!
laugh.gif

Ill definetly post pics when i get back...i just need to learn how to, lol.

thanks again guys, very helpful to a 'newbie'

Back
Top Bottom