True Life: I'm 22 Years Old And Still Don't Know How To Iron A Shirt

hang em right after drying and you wont have to worry about it. Or if it is wrinkled. Throw that bad Larry in the dryer for 10-15 mins (if your not the one paying the electric bill) I did this when i lived at home it pissed my mom off soo much

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I know how to iron everything but a dress shirt
laugh.gif

feelsbadman.jpg
this. i hate ironing
laugh.gif
why iron a dress shirt? get em dry cleaned and pressed after every wear

Plug in iron, throw shirt on board, hold iron to shirt, move around in an up and down motion.

UPDATE:

the reason why I don't know how to iron shirts is cause I just never really tried it. I've ironed t-shirts and jeans occasionally but those are easy. I never tried ironing a dress shirt just because it always seemed complicated to me and I was intimidated
laugh.gif
. I fold my t-shirts and hang my jeans as soon as they come out the dryer. and like I said, I have my pops iron my button downs and dress shirts for me.

but anyways, today was my very first attempt in ironing a button down shirt and I would say it was a success. it was a Calvin Klein shirt that I bought last week. it's not a dress shirt, it's more of like a casual button down shirt that you could wear for just about any occasion. it's 100% cotton but its really thin and light and almost has like a silky feel to it. so because it's so light it's gonna look a little wrinkly regardless. but it looks a lot less wrinkled after I ironed it. I must admit, I am very proud of myself.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

i'm 20 and have never done laundry or ironed

smh
30t6p3b.gif
You're falling behind, women don't want a man that can't take care of himself. Get it together 

smh
30t6p3b.gif

SON!???! Are you guys really that spoiled ?  Mom and pop had us learning all this at the age of 11

Originally Posted by JayHood23

smh
30t6p3b.gif
You're falling behind, women don't want a man that can't take care of himself. Get it together 

Real @%#$. women can barely do laundry these days their damn selves.

Originally Posted by upandcoming

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I know how to iron everything but a dress shirt
laugh.gif

feelsbadman.jpg
this. i hate ironing
laugh.gif
why iron a dress shirt? get em dry cleaned and pressed after every wear
After every wear? That seems excessive unless you're sweating through your clothing or have stains. Washing or cleaning after every wear will shorten the lifespan of your clothing.

Steps. 

1) Plug Iron into socket.
2) Test Iron Temperature by placing hand near by or on the Iron itself..
3) Place hand under garment. 

4) Iron over garment. 

Bam there you have it.. 

DONEZO. 

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

This is kinda like asking how to wash dishes. If you're completely clueless, YouTube has plenty of vids. I don't see how asking in a forum will help.
so true i knew how to iron since the 3rd grade

Really? I had to learn at the age of 7 or 8 when i was rockin my uniform button downs.... And no one taught me at that...

uh.....wat.....

theres only 1 step really

i thought i was bad, since i dont know how to do laundry but damn...
thats kinda like not knowing how to boil water

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

uh.....wat.....

theres only 1 step really

i thought i was bad, since i dont know how to do laundry but damn...
thats kinda like not knowing how to boil water

how is doing laundry harder than ironing?? get outta here man. doing laundry is the easiest thing in the world. you are far worse than me
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom