True Life: I'm addicted to my Facebook/cell phone... full MTV episode (hilarious)

2 back up cell phones
laugh.gif

Yeah I saw that episode, it was pretty awful.

I keep my phone near me at all times, but I'm not on it 24/7 like these people are.

She couldn't even turn it off on a date and was texting right in front of this guy
laugh.gif

If you have a facebook, myspace, freindster, twitter or blog you are a loser.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

im gonna assume youre in your 30s. its mostly older people that say stuff like this.

laugh.gif

i've been without my touch pro for 3 weeks and it hasn't really bothered me

don't understand how people can mess with their phones 24/7

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif

i've been without my touch pro for 3 weeks and it hasn't really bothered me

don't understand how people can mess with their phones 24/7
Yeah. When I'm camping or outdoors for days to weeks, I get no signal so I just totally forget about my phone or the fact I'm not watching TV. 

laugh.gif
I saw this garbage yesterday. Dude was texting during a lapdance
laugh.gif

I love my phone but not to the point where it's affecting my relationship

Originally Posted by jeyel

im gonna assume youre in your 30s. its mostly older people that say stuff like this.

I hate to say this....but if you don't have at least one of these you probably are a loser or old.  Facebook was really helpful in college when i could just write on peoples walls about HW I didn't have or get.  Also if you have friends overseas its tough to keep in contact.  Facebook makes it a lot easier.

Back on topic: i know people that are on facebook all day like it actually replaces social interaction that is stupid to me.  It is a nice supplement to life however.

What about posting on an internet message board?

i still have a myspace that hasnt been checked since like 07' but other than that i totally agree w/ hovkid i see no point in any of them i guess im old & a loser too hovkid.......according to Jking0821

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I hate to say this....but if you don't have at least one of these you probably are a loser or old.  Facebook was really helpful in college when i could just write on peoples walls about HW I didn't have or get.  Also if you have friends overseas its tough to keep in contact.  Facebook makes it a lot easier.

Back on topic: i know people that are on facebook all day like it actually replaces social interaction that is stupid to me.  It is a nice supplement to life however.

When I started college in 1992, one day they took us to an area of the library and told us about this thing called "electronic mail."  They gave us these ridiculously long addresses that everyone forgot and never used.  There was one computer in the libary that you could use for this new "electronic mail."  Who could have known?

The best is texting.  I've had a blackberry since 2001 when I started work so never knew anything about text messaging.  Even my freinds my age would do it and be like "how come you didn't get back to my text?"  I'd be like what "what the hell are you talking about text?  I didn't see an email from you."  My blackberry didn't even used to get text messaging because I don't use that crap for work.  I asked one of the IT guys what it was and why it wasn't on my phone so he enacted it but f text messaging.  I din't seee the difference between that and a regular blackberry email.

This Facebook crap is out of hand also.  Yesterday my wofe says to me "I think I'm gonna get a Facebook."  She agreed with me that its Karamo but all her freinds have it now and they are convincing her to do it.

I told her "Awesome, once you get it going send me a twitter."

She laughs at me cause I didn't know what the hell a text message was until like 6 months ago.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

What about posting on an internet message board?

Agreed.  I have come to terms with the fact of my "loserdom" steming out of being a member of an internet message board.  My wife and freinds make fun of me all the time for it.  I will never post a twitter or facebook though.  Believe that!

Originally Posted by windycity7

i still have a myspace that hasnt been checked since like 07' but other than that i totally agree w/ hovkid i see no point in any of them i guess im old & a loser too hovkid.......according to Jking0821
you are not a loser for that sentence right there at some point you made one and you haven't deleted it yet because you think there is some use for it. lol i kid there are obviously exceptions.  If you have a girl facebook and myspace just breeds drama sometimes safer to just delete it and go old school (like old people)

couldn't even make it past the preview in the beginning. @@%* like this is so far beyond ridiculous it ceases even to be funny. it's sad more than anything. not "child poverty sad", but moreso a "I could punch you in the face because you're such a disgusting excuse for a human being" sad.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif
I saw this garbage yesterday. Dude was texting during a lapdance
laugh.gif

I love my phone but not to the point where it's affecting my relationship

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

When I started college in 1992, one day they took us to an area of the library and told us about this thing called "electronic mail."  They gave us these ridiculously long addresses that everyone forgot and never used.  There was one computer in the libary that you could use for this new "electronic mail."  Who could have known?

The best is texting.  I've had a blackberry since 2001 when I started work so never knew anything about text messaging.  Even my freinds my age would do it and be like "how come you didn't get back to my text?"  I'd be like what "what the hell are you talking about text?  I didn't see an email from you."  My blackberry didn't even used to get text messaging because I don't use that crap for work.  I asked one of the IT guys what it was and why it wasn't on my phone so he enacted it but f text messaging.  I din't seee the difference between that and a regular blackberry email.

This Facebook crap is out of hand also.  Yesterday my wife says to me "I think I'm gonna get a Facebook."  She agreed with me that its Karamo but all her freinds have it now and they are convincing her to do it.

I told her "Awesome, once you get it going send me a twitter."

She laughs at me cause I didn't know what the hell a text message was until like 6 months ago.

shes cheating on you bro
roll.gif

Episode was straight comedy, especially when ol girl was texting on the treadmill and got busted
laugh.gif

There's no age limit for social networking...my entire family is on FB, including my mother. Since we all live in different states, we use it as a way to keep up with each other.

There is a limit on the amount of time you should be spending on these social networks though.

Come to think of it, a lot of us have some kind of addiction....electronics, music, etc

Back
Top Bottom