True Life: I'm homeless

Advice on how to save money and anything apartment advise should be all I need

I have a job so I sho be straight

whats going on with you my dude?
From the week of Christmas till now I've had fight and a disagreement with my mother and to keep it short I'm not living there anymore and living in my van till I can get the money to rent an apartment.

Idk if I mentioned it OP but priceline got killer deals on rooms, especially when you do it last minute. Search for the room and dates then look under the "express deals" tab. You can get a 4 star in downtown DC for $67 a night, bring your lady. They got a 3.5 star in Arlington too for $53. Check it out.

my lady friend uses it. Sometimes she bids around $60 for a 3star and gets it, but thats in DC. Im going yo wait it out a bit though. So far the most annoying thing is my car always being messy and me having to literally change in there

From the week of Christmas till now I've had fight and a disagreement with my mother and to keep it short I'm not living there anymore and living in my van till I can get the money to rent an apartment.
damn homie. Hope you mend your relationship with your mother. Me and my mom has had disagreements before. Some that had me not speak to her for months, but during my situation shes been there for me like noone else.

Hope the best for you

damn homie. Hope you mend your relationship with your mother. Me and my mom has had disagreements before. Some that had me not speak to her for months, but during my situation shes been there for me like noone else.

Hope the best for you
Thanks man

Real talk, OP can make money off of this by video blogging on youtube the day to day life of being homeless and living in his car.

Write a book, then cash out when a movie studio comes calling to have the exlusive rights to make a movie about it.

Ironing on my suitcase sucks...so I got this mini ironing board to use. I think I have a routine figured out that keeps me busy most of the day. So far I haven't found myself sitting in my car doing nothing. I do alot of driving, but thankfully gas is crazy cheap right now, otherwise id be suffering.

View media item 1871595

He got dem brons tho 8)

Last edited:
The library is absolutely a great place and resource during this time. 

I came across this on reddit about being in your car and the snow 

The library is absolutely a great place and resource during this time. 

I came across this on reddit about being in your car and the snow 

crazy how many people resort to living out there car.

I have alot of reps to give. Yall really been helping a brother out

OP I know you dont want to be around homeless ppl but why sleep in your car when its this cold. Just look for a cold shelter.
Suck up your pride.

Drive to a different city.
I akways wondered why homeless people didn't just go as far south as possible?

Being homeless in Buffalo 
sick.gif

@Dropten  please accept my apologies.

I honestly thought your were perpin.

I grew up part of my childhood on a blanket in my grandmas unfinished basement for a while.

Didn't mean to be a jerk.

I wish you nothing but the best.

You'll get through and have a whole other view of life.

OP should start pimping, I don't know why. But if his game is tight and he can get a chick that's down for the cause, that's what he should start doing. lol

When my check comes in and your living arrangements haven't improved, I got you. I'm in FL and it's cold right now, so I can only imagine what it's like where you are. Be blessed and continue to persevere through this. Going through adverse circumstances like the one you're in will only make you a stronger man. Like you said, this situation will humble you and make you into a better person. I wish you well.

Last edited:
Holy **** its crazy out here. This is by far the worst night. Wind is crazy and temp feels like 1°. This is the worst sleep ive gotten so far. I dont know why, but it feels extra small in this back seat right now

Damn man, that ******* sucks. Any parking garages you can sleep in to at least break some of the wind?

Back
Top Bottom