True Or False - Robin Lopez Can Be Just As Good As Brook Lopez if Given The Chance

My valid points.

Brook came straight to the nets and started as a center and started for all the games and quickly adjusted.

Suns already had a center (shaq when he was on the suns) and also had amare as back up so robin was given the bench treatment.

the reason i say this bc i was watching videos of there high school and college days and robin was dominating a little more then brook.

Brook didn't start right away... He got the starting job around December of last year. As far as Robin being just as good, I honestly don't see it. From NBA play so far, I just see Brook being capable of being a dominating player, I don't see that in Robin. I can see him as a starter, but not a person who can take over a game. Keep in mind with the attitude Brook has, he has almost every part of his game down & can only improve. He doesn't have many weak points.

brook is a far better offensive player. i dont know if robin will ever be a 20/10 type guy

robin may be a better rebounder and shot blocker if given the minutes. he can avg close to 10rebs/2blk

False. Brook has always been the better player with the better skill set.

True Robin may be a better rebound and a little more physical but his offense is nowhere near Brook's level. I still think he could be a good player though.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Brook didn't start right away... He got the starting job around December of last year. As far as Robin being just as good, I honestly don't see it. From NBA play so far, I just see Brook being capable of being a dominating player, I don't see that in Robin. I can see him as a starter, but not a person who can take over a game. Keep in mind with the attitude Brook has, he has almost every part of his game down & can only improve. He doesn't have many weak points.
i didnt mean start like that but he adjusted perfectly in the nets, the suns had didnt give robin the chance for the fact they had centers and PF's that were already calibers.

Originally Posted by DMan14

brook is a far better offensive player. i dont know if robin will ever be a 20/10 type guy

robin may be a better rebounder and shot blocker if given the minutes. he can avg close to 10rebs/2blk
This is how I see it as well.

If he works hard enough, definitely.

He's a better rebounder the Brook, he just needs to practice his footwork and finishing around the rim/

No, but can it happen? Yes. Robin has no post moves like Brook does. Robin, imo, plays better D then Brook.
Robin plays too soft.. he needs to learn how to dunk the ball in traffic, instead of doing his flat hook shot.

Robin's been a big surprise this season so I would hope for him to work on his post moves in the offseason.

he doesnt have the offensive skill set that brook has. he could become a dominant defensive force but nothing much on the other sideof the ball. i say he could eventually be comparable to a guy like sammy dalembert

I've actually seen more actual games of Robin play than Brook. Robin seems more like a hustle type to me and if he can be like an Anderson Varejao for the Suns that would help a lot in the long run. Still young though and why can't he just copy his brother in the off-season and still his post moves?

Dude still with Michelle Wie though?
nerd.gif

I've actually seen more actual games of Robin play than Brook. Robin seems more like a hustle type to me and if he can be like an Anderson Varejao for the Suns that would help a lot in the long run. Still young though and why can't he just copy his brother in the off-season and still his post moves?

Dude still with Michelle Wie though?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

No, but can it happen? Yes. Robin has no post moves like Brook does. Robin, imo, plays better D then Brook.
Robin plays too soft.. he needs to learn how to dunk the ball in traffic, instead of doing his flat hook shot.

Robin's been a big surprise this season so I would hope for him to work on his post moves in the offseason.

Co-sign..

False.

Everyone has basically given all the reason's why...but Robin, if he continues to put in the work and get minutes, will be a very solid NBA contributor. Brook will be an all-star several times over IMHO. . .

Back
Top Bottom