True Review Requests: Adidas Lightning Creators - - Duke4005/mt3130 - - Huarache 09

Hey Duke4005 and mt3130. I was wondering if either of you have tried the lightning creators? I loved the in-depths on the commanders and picked those up andhave been using those since. I was thinking of the lightning creators or maybe the huarache 09's but wanted to see if either of you guys have any opinionsabout the shoe.

Like the lightning creators over the first creators because I prefer the nubuck over the patent leather. I always swing towards nubuck uppers because I feelit gives a little more flexibility up top. Tried the huarache 09's and the zoom feels great but the whole nike quality thing... bleh. Not this shoe inparticular (hopefully), but the whole nike/jordan quality issues.

Trust both of your judgements... thanks in advance.

i actually havent tried either one. the area im in isn't very basketball shoe friendly. i can get you any asics or brooks shoe you cant find lol but we getnothing but jordans for "basketball" shoes. any shoe that performs halfway decent on the basketball court requires a drive an hour south.

generally i wait for a couple reviews and if i hear certain things that i look for in a shoe, then ill scoop them and go more into detail.

also right now my rotation is 3 strong, and i only lay 2-3 times a week so im definitely good on basketball shoes though lol.

Hey mt, thanks for your reply. I was curious if you or duke had tried the lightning creators because you two were the ones that turned me onto the commanders. Thanks again for the reply and I'm still going strong on the commanders.

I guess I just need to get a good try on at the store with the lightning creators. After trying the huaraches I thought they felt great, but I just felt inthe back of my mind that the lightning creators could be an equal if not better shoe, quality, durability, and playability wise.

Thanks mt.

you do know what the creator is a guard shoe and the commander is a big mans shoe? they're complete opposites. But I've heard the 1st creators weregood don't know about the lightnings.

The real difference on the Lightning Creators and the regular (besides the material) is the lack of an inner bootie in the LC. It feels less structured and, tome, less restrictive. I have only played in these twice, but the traction is the same, the cushion/responsiveness is identical, and durability is still not anissue. The fit is wider and more accomodating, with wider set laces. For now, if you can stand the glove fit, I would get a pair of regular Creators for theprice. If they are priced the same, just keep my words in mind.

As for the Huarache 09, I haven't tried them yet, but the last few Nike's at this tech/price point have been built very well. The Zoom BB's and 08and 09 all have basically the same tech. My 08's and BB1's are among the best I have ever had, and I have put in over 40 hours in each of hard games,and although they are creased (like any GOOD shoe will do), they show no signs of being trashed and cushioning is till top notch.

Duke... Always very much appreciated. Great insight and it's always great to hear the opinion of someone who's actually worn so many shoes, andactually put the shoes to good use (hard games).

Can I ask you this... Is $30 a negligible difference when we speak of the Adidas Creator line and the Nike's you and I mentioned (Zoom BB, huarache 08/09)? In the end it's personal preference, but in your opinion $70 Creator (either one) or $100 (Zoom BB, or either huaraches)? Which one would you grabrunning out the door?

In my own opinion, when you pay for the Nikes, you are paying for the playability of zoom air and the brand name of Nike. When you pay for Adidas, you arepaying for quality and durability. The zoom air was wonderful on the 09's when I tried them on, just tough to shell out the extra $$ if I can getsomething similar in the lightning creators.

Thanks again!

I wuold get the Creators, all being equal. Not as much chance of durability issues. Traction was always my gripe on adidas, but these are great, so definitelyCreators on that basis.

Duke - Do the creators loosen up in the forefoot? I bought the black Tmac creators but returned them because they were tight on my wide feet walking around thehouse. If they loosen up after break in I'll try them again. Also I think the Huarache 08 and 09 are essentially sae cushioning but BB's are different.but both very good.

im glad to hear your commanders are going strong....rip to mine
frown.gif

i had just sprained an ankle playing in my jordan esternos so i wore the commanders and tied them tight to restrict my ankle and the top eyelet just ripped onme. right now money is a little tight so im playing in a pair of shox spotlight lows that i was previously using as casual shoes.

I've worn my Huarache 09's for the first time yesterday. The grip and traction on hardwood is outstanding, incomparable, and I haven'teven broken them in yet, the outsole still has that waxy feel and I was turning on a dime. Comfort and cushioning was phenomenal as the Zoom Air was ultraresponsive, yet cushy enough to brace impacts. The inner bootie was soft and wicked sweat very well. My only beef was with the toe box, it was a bit wide formy foot and I felt like I had a lot of extra space, so when the toe box would crease it'd push on my big toe a bit, but I'm sure that'll be fixedafter a few more hours of play. I wear ankle braces, and the shoe fit just fine when I loosened the laces to get my foot in initially, and when tightened, itfit like a glove. The shoe felt like an extension of my foot.

Will post again after a week or two of play. (About 15-20 hours)

^ the toe box does crease further back compared to other shoes. it doesn't cause me any discomfort even though it's not an ordinary place for it tocrease.

The shoe has been the most comfortable shoe I've ever hooped in. However, I feel like it's a bit more of a clunky shoe than my previous daily shoe, theZoom BBI, I'm sure it'll improve as I get more comfortable with it. I'm not used to how much higher the Huarache rides than the BB.

Overall I'd give the shoe a 9/10, if only because I'm used to the low ride in the Zoom BB.

lightning creator lows are 13 oz while creator lows are 15.2 oz

so if you want a more durable option which is lighter and more breathable (from the climacool) def get the lightnings

Back
Top Bottom