Truth's 2008 NFL mock draft...

1) Dolphins- Chris Long.. They need help with everything, Long is projected as the most versitale defensive player in the draft.. Parcells likes Big and fastdefensive ends anyway.. Safe pick

2) Rams- Jake Long.. They could easily go with glenn dorsey right here being the best defensive player on the board, but i think replacing Orlando Pace is thebest option in the 2 spot..

3) Falcons- Glenn Dorsey.. They have so many needs, but i believe they are in the position where they need to take the best player on the board.. They couldeasily go Mcfadden right here, but I believe they will take Dorsey especially with the release of Rod Coleman

4) Raiders- Darren Mcfadden.. Personally i think they should go O-line to protect their franchise QB russell.. But i doubt Al Davis passes on Mcfadden

5) Cheifs- Ryan Clady.. If Jake Long were on the board, they would go with him.. Clady has more upside in my opinion and is a safe pick for the chiefs..

6) Jets- Vernon Gholston.. Easy selection if he's available.. Sending John Adraham to the falcons was a huge decline in their pass rush.. he'll fit infine with the jets 3-4 scheme

7) Patriots- Keith Rivers.. I dont see the pats taking someone in the secondary this high when keith rivers could help stop the run instantly and learn fromexperienced vets..

glasses.gif
Ravens- Calais Campbell.. A versitale end that could play multiple positions for the ravens.. ala Adalius Thomas

9) Bengals- Sedrick Ellis.. Considering the bengals couldn't stop any offense they faced last year Ellis would be asked to be a player instantly..

10) Saints- Aqib Talib.. I bet their personel is still kicking themselves for not taking chris houston in the 1st round last year.. Talib has the ability toget significant playing time as a rookie..

11) Bills- Kentwan Balmer.. DT is the obvious need for the bills, 11th is a big high for Balmer.. But he could turn out to be a player..

12) Broncos- Kenny Phillips.. Mike Shanahan would be thrilled to take Phillips at the 12 spot to fill in for John Lynch and add more speed to denver'ssecondary..

13) Panthers- Matt Ryan.. Jake Delhommes' inconsistency has led his supporters to turn on him, Matt Ryan is a good new look for a franchise..

14) Bears- Rashard Mendenhall.. Its time to get Cedric Benson up outta there..

15) Lions- Jeff Otah.. Lions are another team with tons of needs, with left tackle being tops at the list..

16) Cardinals- Philip Merling.. A speedy pass rusher with unlimited potential.. Cards could go RB at the 16 spot, but I'll say they built around theiryoung defense..

17) Vikings- Early Doucett.. A playmaking WR to stretch the field for Adrian Peterson is a must.. A healthy Doucett could fill that need..

18) Texans- Jonathon Stewart.. Easy pick if he is still on the board, that offense needs a dynamic RB to open up more opportunities for Andre Johnson..

19) Eagles- Desean Jackson.. Depending on if the eagles address this position in the offseason or not will determine who they take with the 19th selection..Jackson could most definately provide big play ability in the pass game and as a return man..

20) Bucs- Brian Brohm.. Not knocking Jeff Garcia, but his age is the obvious factor in this selection..

21) ********- Derrick Harvey.. An explosive pass rushing end oppostie of Andre Carter is vital.. Harvey would do just fine in their system..

22) Cowboys- Mike Jenkins.. A cover corner oppostite Terrance Newman is a good selection at 22, considering the problems the secondary has had over the pastcouple years..

23) Steelers- Sam Baker.. Not the tall reciever Big Ben is looking for, but some extra protection cant hurt either..

24) Titans- Leodis Mckelvin.. As much as Vince Young needs offensive weapons, they need to replace Pacman Jones just as bad..

25) Seahawks- Chris Williams.. An OT who is rising up draft boards by the day..

26) Jaguars- Quentin Groves.. He's a physical DE that runs 4.4 sideline to sideline.. I think the jags will like him at the 26 spot

27) Chargers- Dan Connor.. A hard nosed OLB from linebacker U can help instantly against the run and get some extra "pointers" from Merriman..

28) Cowboys- Felix Jones.. A very quick, change of pace back to compliment Marion Barber.. Safe Pick

29) 49ers- Pat Sims.. An absolute beast in the middle, niners have to find a replacement for Bryant Young and Sims could be just that..

30) Packers- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie.. One of the more polished corners in the nation to compliment Al Harris and Charles Woodson.. TE is an option for thepackers as well with this selection

31) Giants- Antonie Cason.. Secondary is the obvious weakness for the Giants.. Cason is a gamble at the end of the 1st, but has potential to be a realplaymaker in that secondary..

Not a bad mock at all, although I believe Malcolm Kelly will be the first WR taken. Not saying it won't happen but most mocks I have seen have Campbellgoing in the late teens if not in the 20's(a good combine could vault him higher). I also see Sedrick Ellis really pushing Dorsey to be the first DTselected. I just hope the Niners can get someone who can make an impact.

I bet the 49ers do just that and don't draft help for their weak WR corps.

As much as I would LOVE to see Mendenhall as a Bear, I don't think the owners will draft over-top of Benson. Too much money invested in him.

That being said, I would be ecstatic if they did take him, so I hope you're right!

I bet the 49ers do just that and don't draft help for their weak WR corps.

i guarantee you the niners draft a Wideout in the 1st day..

and nowitness, you really think Limas Sweed is a 1st rounder? i dont see it.. AND they just drafting santonio in the 1st round 2 years ago..

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons pick Matt Ryan..........

I pray that happens. Joey Harrington should be... well, he should be... I just can't describe how much a DISLIKE that guy
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

I wouldn't be mad at that draft as a Raider fan. Although, we need plenty of help at DT and so do a few other teams in the top 10, so I really don'tsee my man Sedrick Ellis falling to the Bengals.

Also, no one but Al Davis and God knows what he's going to do on draft day, so i wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders take Vernon Gholston. A Speedpass rusher along side Derrick Burgess

might be nasty.

and nowitness, you really think Limas Sweed is a 1st rounder? i dont see it.. AND they just drafting santonio in the 1st round 2 years ago..
I think if he runs and checks out well physically at the combine, he is. With Big Ben wanting a big, tall receiver, I think Limas Sweed or MalcolmKelly would both be good looks. Santonio is a beast, and Hines can still play, but other than that, their receivers are
sick.gif
... You know you gotta keep yourfranchise QB happy.

nate washington is one of the better slot recievers in the league.. I think the steelers recieveing core is fine actually.. Not one of their 1st day needs..We'll see tho

decent mock, but i dont see QB as a first-round priority for the Bucs this year. its in consideration, but i doubt they would/should use their first pick onthat. if Manningham, Kelly, Sweed are available at that time it's more likely that they'd go there

drc round 1?
If he goes round 1, I'd be surprised
DRC to the Rams in round 2
wink.gif

I think Chris Long is goin to the Rams, some kinda way

I think Chris Long is goin to the Rams, some kinda way
Wouldn't they be better with Dorsey, pushing Carriker back outside where he belongs?

Wouldn't they be better with Dorsey, pushing Carriker back outside where he belongs?

Isn't Chris Long is the better fit for the Rams?...

but hey it'll be a choice they gotta make.... depending on who Parcells takes with that #1 pick..... but ya moving Carriker back outside is also apossibility...

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Liking the Cowboys.

BTW any news on if Crayton is coming back?
laugh.gif
Maaaaaan Crayton is not going anywhere... He just signed a 5 year extension.
Admittedly, I'm not real familiar with what the Rams are doing these days defensively... Too damn brutal watching them this year.
laugh.gif
But, alot of people have maintained that Carriker is still better suited to play DE than inside at DT... I could be wrong. If I had a choice, I'd take Long, butI don't know which is a better fit for St Louis.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Liking the Cowboys.

BTW any news on if Crayton is coming back?
laugh.gif
Maaaaaan Crayton is not going anywhere... He just signed a 5 year extension.
Admittedly, I'm not real familiar with what the Rams are doing these days defensively... Too damn brutal watching them this year.
laugh.gif
But, a lot of people have maintained that Carriker is still better suited to play DE than inside at DT... I could be wrong. If I had a choice, I'd take Long, but I don't know which is a better fit for St Louis.

pimp.gif

Now we can fix our DB troubles.

if the panthers wound up with Matt Ryan I'd be happy. i see him going earlier tho. SOMEONE needs to get STEVE the ball!

Back
Top Bottom