Trying to find the right bball shoe....(lightweight, good shock absorption, etc)

Air Max Fly By.....Havent played in mine a ton ( I prefer the hyperfuse) but good ankle support, good cushion, traction and lightweight. Toebox isnt that wide though

Air Max Fly By.....Havent played in mine a ton ( I prefer the hyperfuse) but good ankle support, good cushion, traction and lightweight. Toebox isnt that wide though

Try and find some Nike 20-5-5 they're a or lebron shoe but not a signature line shoe so they're not that as heavy and they have full length zoom air for good impact protection as well as an XDR (Xtra Durrable Rubber) outsole so they will hold up outside. They should be pretty good for you cause they were designed for outdoor use. Another shoe that might be good for you is the air Jordan XIX or XIX SE. They have full length zoom air as well as double stacked zoom air in the heel for good impact protection without adding too much extra weight. Another shoe with an XDR outsole is the lebron soldier 3 but I've heard those have a somewhat narrow toebox.

Try and find some Nike 20-5-5 they're a or lebron shoe but not a signature line shoe so they're not that as heavy and they have full length zoom air for good impact protection as well as an XDR (Xtra Durrable Rubber) outsole so they will hold up outside. They should be pretty good for you cause they were designed for outdoor use. Another shoe that might be good for you is the air Jordan XIX or XIX SE. They have full length zoom air as well as double stacked zoom air in the heel for good impact protection without adding too much extra weight. Another shoe with an XDR outsole is the lebron soldier 3 but I've heard those have a somewhat narrow toebox.

Originally Posted by MRB23

How about instead of suggestion older, harder to find shoes and possibly more expensive shoes, you suggest something newer and easier to find?

I suggest to the OP, the Jordan Q-flight, a little cheaper that the Jordan 2011s and they perform a little better

Originally Posted by MRB23

How about instead of suggestion older, harder to find shoes and possibly more expensive shoes, you suggest something newer and easier to find?

I suggest to the OP, the Jordan Q-flight, a little cheaper that the Jordan 2011s and they perform a little better

I did like the new Hyperdunks but I heard the Hyperfuses are better for outdoor wear, any truth to this?

Keep the recommendations coming, I'm sure I'm not the only one needing any.
pimp.gif

Does UA have a shoe out similar to the Micro G Lite? Hard to find them nowadays, maybe an upgraded version?

I did like the new Hyperdunks but I heard the Hyperfuses are better for outdoor wear, any truth to this?

Keep the recommendations coming, I'm sure I'm not the only one needing any.
pimp.gif

Does UA have a shoe out similar to the Micro G Lite? Hard to find them nowadays, maybe an upgraded version?

Originally Posted by jusdre86

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Hyperfuses... Durable and a good performer.

QFT plus there cheap so you can get more than 1 pair for home and away

he needs good heel cushioning which the hyperfuse totally lack of...with your preference i agree with the 2011s, fly wades, or the quick fuse suggestions

Originally Posted by jusdre86

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Hyperfuses... Durable and a good performer.

QFT plus there cheap so you can get more than 1 pair for home and away

he needs good heel cushioning which the hyperfuse totally lack of...with your preference i agree with the 2011s, fly wades, or the quick fuse suggestions

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

First time posting here, but my old Kobe's have worn out completely and I've been trying to find the right shoe for my needs....
- I'm 5'9 165lbs, I play quick and make lots of cuts off the ball so good traction is a must (especially for outdoors)

- I don't really need a shoe that is very LOW to the ground, I played bball in my running shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus) with thick cushioning and I never have any lower back pain or foot issues, really comfortable but since its low cut I rolled my ankle the last 2x I played.

- I just want something lightweight, very good shock absorption (especially the heel since I suffer from lower back tightness), and good ankle support.

- Would prefer the toe area to be a bit wide like my Asics, I hate the narrow front since it rubs on the side of my foot.

- Please....no heavy shoes like Lebrons, I don't think I've ever liked any of them for ball (just me though).

If you have any recommendations for both indoors AND outdoors I would appreciate it. I play more outdoors so that is my priority.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm pretty much the same player as you (-20 lbs, but with wide feet).  I would not recommend the hyperfuses - they have a very narrow toe box.  I've also been turned away by the KD IVs, Rose 2s, Crazy Lights to name a few.  The UA Black Ice might be a good choice for you.  I am also gonna go and try the Q Flights today, which are supposed to have a decent toebox for wide feet.  If you can find them, the Kobe IVs were my go-to shoes for 2+ years.  I measure at a size 9.5/10, but I wore them in 10.5 and they are terrific for everything you asked for (lunar in the front does bottom out, but the heel zoom air stays true).  You'll have to ebay to find those at this point.
Not sure if you've already resolved this, but I noticed your specs and it closely related to mine so I hope I helped.  If you found a pair that you dig, let me know - I'm still hunting for my next pair.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

First time posting here, but my old Kobe's have worn out completely and I've been trying to find the right shoe for my needs....
- I'm 5'9 165lbs, I play quick and make lots of cuts off the ball so good traction is a must (especially for outdoors)

- I don't really need a shoe that is very LOW to the ground, I played bball in my running shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus) with thick cushioning and I never have any lower back pain or foot issues, really comfortable but since its low cut I rolled my ankle the last 2x I played.

- I just want something lightweight, very good shock absorption (especially the heel since I suffer from lower back tightness), and good ankle support.

- Would prefer the toe area to be a bit wide like my Asics, I hate the narrow front since it rubs on the side of my foot.

- Please....no heavy shoes like Lebrons, I don't think I've ever liked any of them for ball (just me though).

If you have any recommendations for both indoors AND outdoors I would appreciate it. I play more outdoors so that is my priority.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm pretty much the same player as you (-20 lbs, but with wide feet).  I would not recommend the hyperfuses - they have a very narrow toe box.  I've also been turned away by the KD IVs, Rose 2s, Crazy Lights to name a few.  The UA Black Ice might be a good choice for you.  I am also gonna go and try the Q Flights today, which are supposed to have a decent toebox for wide feet.  If you can find them, the Kobe IVs were my go-to shoes for 2+ years.  I measure at a size 9.5/10, but I wore them in 10.5 and they are terrific for everything you asked for (lunar in the front does bottom out, but the heel zoom air stays true).  You'll have to ebay to find those at this point.
Not sure if you've already resolved this, but I noticed your specs and it closely related to mine so I hope I helped.  If you found a pair that you dig, let me know - I'm still hunting for my next pair.

Back
Top Bottom