Trying to hack the Nike twitter RSVP system?

View media item 433251

Somebody explain how this would work if completed?

:rofl: he wants someone to create an object character recognition scanner to pickup specifically on the hashtag and the letters following it. Then automate it into the Twitter API so it will automatically respond once the picture is tweeted. Now he didn't ask that but there's certainly more to this than developing the OCR to read the hashtag and letters.

Is it possible? Absolutely. I could probably bang something out in a weekend if I wasn't coding more important things. Off the top of my head I would create the OCR to invert the colorspace on the image to better outline the "special" hashtag while using the white-space pixel blocking around the whole outline as a key. Doing this it can be scanned and expunged more efficiently. Creating the automatic response is really not that big of a problem but getting an efficient OCR would be the key. If it worked you'd have the tweet out in a second.

Seriously, some bored 18 year old has probably already done this.

Last edited:
View media item 433251

Somebody explain how this would work if completed?

:rofl: he wants someone to create an object character recognition scanner to pickup specifically on the hashtag and the letters following it. Then automate it into the Twitter API so it will automatically respond once the picture is tweeted. Now he didn't ask that but there's certainly more to this than developing the OCR to read the hashtag and letters.

Is it possible? Absolutely. I could probably bang something out in a weekend if I wasn't coding more important things. Off the top of my head I would create the OCR to invert the colorspace on the image to better outline the "special" hashtag while using the white-space pixel blocking around the whole outline as a key. Doing this it can be scanned and expunged more efficiently. Creating the automatic response is really not that big of a problem but getting an efficient OCR would be the key. If it worked you'd have the tweet out in a second.

Seriously, some bored 18 year old has probably already done this.

No idea what you said but :smokin

Back
Top Bottom