Trying to sell your college books back Unappreciation

You buy a $120 book and when you go to sell it back to the bookstore they offer you $50 smh. Its even worse when they tell you that they cannot buy it backbecause they are using a new edition next semester. I got $150 back, but spent way more than that on these books.
How much money you guys get back?

laugh.gif
People still buy textbooks.

chegg.com Renting books FTW.

/thread

spent over $300 on books and got around $40 selling them back lol.. it's a messed up system

btw who is that chick in your avy?

you get way more money if you list it on amazon or ebay

i actually made a profit on two of my textbooks last semester

Tell you the truth i have no clue. I seen a bunch of her PB pics on some other forum so i snatched this one
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif

/thread

I might have to try this. How does this work? Are the books in good condition or are they all highlighted...

yahh it is a hassle trying to sell them back.
i remember someone mentioned chegg.com about a year ago on here.
pimp.gif

havent "bought" a book since.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Tell you the truth i have no clue. I seen a bunch of her PB pics on some other forum so i snatched this one
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

/thread

I might have to try this. How does this work? Are the books in good condition or are they all highlighted...
Most are brand new to gently used.

didnt buy any books this semester. im just trying to sell this one community health book for like $50 even though i payed like $35

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

/thread

I saw her pics posted on here before but a link to them would be appreciated

at least you got that much.....i got $60 back for 4 books....it sucks because my major only offers certain classes at certain times of the year so they dontalways have an order to get the books again....and thats what happened to me this semester...i got screwed....last semester i got back close to $140

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

/thread

Most are brand new to gently used.
rented for the first time this semester but my book was no where near "gently used".
i mainly use half.com but if i see a newer edition of the book coming out any time soon i'll just rent it so it doesn't lose most of it's value.

I always used to get the syllabus and find out what we were covering, buy the book photocopy the necessary pages, and bring it back before the last day so Icould get ALL my money back. I also copied the glossary and index as well, I had a friend who worked at a business and got all the free copies i needed. Iwould rather scarifice one afternoon and get my money back than participate in that book buy back crap...

Paid $225 for all my books. Got back $170 today from one of those textbook buyback companies that set up on campus. One of the books was an old edition, one ofthem was an international edition that I originally paid $29 for it, sold it for $49. No joke.

That's why I'm so glad my scholarship pays for books. I really feel for the people who buy the book and the teacher barely uses it.

Dude's look you in the eye and tell you your book is $25 even though you dropped $120 on it.

Whats worse is when they upgrade to the next edition halfway through the semester.

"sorry sir we no longer take the 6th edition"
indifferent.gif

ya taking Ls for trying to sell the books back to the school. make a poster and post them up in the spring/fall near the class that uses the book. or throw iton amazon about a 2-4 weeks before the next semester starts. i bought an 80 dollar math book and sold it for 100 on amazon.

i remember my first semester of college i tried to sell back a nutrition book. they tell me they not buying it back, and im like what am i suppose to do withit. she ask me if i have a bird? i said why. this broad tells me i can use the pages of the book as a liner in the cage
indifferent.gif
i was like if i had a bird i aintgoing to rip up a 150 book so my bird can %!$% on it. i actually just sold the book last semester (3years later) but after she told me that i never boughtbooks from the bookstore or tried to sell them back. lesson learned

Originally Posted by doosta45

i remember my first semester of college i tried to sell back a nutrition book. they tell me they not buying it back, and im like what am i suppose to do with it. she ask me if i have a bird? i said why. this broad tells me i can use the pages of the book as a liner in the cage
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
The audacity
smh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom