Trying to Start a Kids Shoe Charity...Need some assistance NT...serious replies only pls... :)

Aight so I'm looking to get a charity going for the next month and a half-maybe longer, but basically I'm going somewhere where it's cold and madkids are running around barefoot b/c they don't have $$$ for shoes and socks. I'll give more info once things really get going, but I needed somehelp.

Does anyone know where I can find new kids kicks or regular shoes for kids ages 1-10 for cheap bulk pricing? I'm looking to have people donate no morethan $20 a pair and that includes Fed-Ex insured shipping for the shoes overseas-I'd love it to be less than that. I'm actually going to visit thelocation in a month and a half and I want to document the trip and the giving.

Any advice fellow NTer's?

no advice, i've never tried to start up a charity, but im more than willing to contribute.

this is a good thing you're doing here.

Good thing man, I'm not sure how to go about it, but I'm more than willin to donate.
pimp.gif

Sports stores/sites that sell cheap sneakers may allow you to get wholesale accounts with them...you might want to check into that

Originally Posted by pushat973

starburys?

Actually I never thought of that. That would be a good look, but where can you find them now that Steve & Barry's no longer exist? Also, it's acountry in Africa...I went last summer on a mission's trip and it was winter time there and I was blown away that kids were running out of their homes justto see us and hang out with us. A lot of them didn't have shoes on and the ones that did-most didn't have socks. I was like man, in America we getshoes just to wear certain days of the week. It'd be koo if we could get something just so these kids can be warm in.

best of luck. i know kids in my own neighborhood suffering.. have you started small and worked your way up to this? sounds like a huge venture especiallyconsidering your asking NT for help

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

best of luck. i know kids in my own neighborhood suffering.. have you started small and worked your way up to this? sounds like a huge venture especially considering your asking NT for help

I agree with kids locally suffering. I mean the bottom line is there are people suffering everywhere and there should be people helping everywhere. It'sjust once you go to a place where children don't even necessarily have means or access to shoes and socks it's an eye opener. This is where my heartis at the moment. Also, I don't anticipate it being huge because I have a Christian focus and people tend to shy away from things like that. If it isthough-hey it's for His glory. All I know is these kids have needs too.

I'm asking NT for help because it's a shoe website and I figure somebody has some good advice and maybe even connections on where I can get shoes. It's ok if nobody on NT donates...I'm not soliciting donations...just trying to help these kids out. The website will be coming soon. I just got thego ahead from my contact in the country I'm going to this summer.

If you're serious, first and foremost.. file the proper paper work including getting a tax exempt tax ID number so you can actually be recognized as a Notfor Profit Organization.

Then hit up the corporations with your ideas, and most would contribute considering these companies will receive a tax deduction since they are contributing toan actual charity instead of some random Joe from the street with good intentions.

http://www.irs.gov/charit...icle/0,,id=96109,00.html

^ Here's some info

Check out TOMS for some inspiration maybe. They're doing really well with their business model and aregetting a lot of shoes out to kids. Their espadrilles inspired shoes are pretty dope too.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

If you're serious, first and foremost.. file the proper paper work including getting a tax exempt tax ID number so you can actually be recognized as a Not for Profit Organization.

Then hit up the corporations with your ideas, and most would contribute considering these companies will receive a tax deduction since they are contributing to an actual charity instead of some random Joe from the street with good intentions.

http://www.irs.gov/charit...icle/0,,id=96109,00.html

^ Here's some info
Thanks that's really helpful. However, this is literally a small project. I'm talking like 40-100 pairs of shoes MAX. That's allwe're trying to do right now. I don't know if it'll even go on for longer, but basically these orphans and children need shoes.

try LIKE an eastbay type. They always have shoes in bulk. and depending on how much time you have you should hit up the actual stores, tell them what youredoing and see what they can do.

Thanks everyone for the help. The links and sites have been helpful. Soles for Souls is tight, but it's a lil too widespread. The kids we're giving itto right now are kids we'll actually see in a few months. I'm not sure the schedule on how often Soles of Souls goes to the country we're going to.I like the TOM's thing too. It seems tight-if I could afford those $98 boots I'd get em. Those boots are CUTE!

Anyway, I checked a local spot here and there are some nice kids shoes to be had for $9-$16. That's exciting. Anyway, I'll keep yall updated NT. Thanksagain.

Back
Top Bottom