Turns out the new Mustang wasn't that great after all.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Nissan 370z>>>>>
glasses.gif

american cars = no. mustang is garbage. in my experiences, mustangs cant handle in the rain well, let alone snow...
I dont know why anybody would trust a Mustang in a rainy/snow climate anyway...cars are crap and thats coming from someone whos owned 2 of um....nothing but problem after problem after problem

american cars = no. mustang is garbage. in my experiences, mustangs cant handle in the rain well, let alone snow...
I dont know why anybody would trust a Mustang in a rainy/snow climate anyway...cars are crap and thats coming from someone whos owned 2 of um....nothing but problem after problem after problem

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by moneymike88

most japanese cars also have V4 engines, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have this ++@!$@! friend I must have told 15 times by now that 4 cylinders are inline but he just wont get it
Most 4 cylinder motors are inline, but a V4 does indeed exist.  It's just not very common in automotive applications.  Curiously enough, the one company that seems to have dabbled the most in V4 motors is Ford, and one of their V4 motors was placed in a rather important (and pertinent to this conversation) concept car, the 1962 Ford Mustang I.  Ford's British Essex V4 was used in vehicles such as the Capri Mk I, Granada Mk I, Zephyr Mk IV, and the Transit, while their German Taunus V4 was found in the Consul and Granada, as well as Saab's 95, 96, and Sonnett.  Lancia also produced V4 motors for classics like the Lambda and Fulvia.  Nowadays though, the V4 is most-commonly found on motorcycles.  As far as I know, there are no current production cars, trucks, vans, or SUVs using a V4 motor, but that doesn't mean it will never return.  Remember how the turbocharger almost went extinct, but now it's suddenly in high demand again.  
bruh, OD, I know the thing exists. The dude thinks his civic is a V4 though

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by moneymike88

most japanese cars also have V4 engines, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have this ++@!$@! friend I must have told 15 times by now that 4 cylinders are inline but he just wont get it
Most 4 cylinder motors are inline, but a V4 does indeed exist.  It's just not very common in automotive applications.  Curiously enough, the one company that seems to have dabbled the most in V4 motors is Ford, and one of their V4 motors was placed in a rather important (and pertinent to this conversation) concept car, the 1962 Ford Mustang I.  Ford's British Essex V4 was used in vehicles such as the Capri Mk I, Granada Mk I, Zephyr Mk IV, and the Transit, while their German Taunus V4 was found in the Consul and Granada, as well as Saab's 95, 96, and Sonnett.  Lancia also produced V4 motors for classics like the Lambda and Fulvia.  Nowadays though, the V4 is most-commonly found on motorcycles.  As far as I know, there are no current production cars, trucks, vans, or SUVs using a V4 motor, but that doesn't mean it will never return.  Remember how the turbocharger almost went extinct, but now it's suddenly in high demand again.  
bruh, OD, I know the thing exists. The dude thinks his civic is a V4 though

im really not surprised at this, with all these north american companies outsourcing production to other countries where labour is much cheaper.  it makes financial sense at the time and some of them get away with it, but some get bitten in the *+* like this case.  sucks that getrag has outsourced their transmission assembly too, i guess we wont be seeing anymore ******s like the indestructible mk4 supra 6spd.

at least i can make fun of the mustang guys now, i can show them my 1991 honda b16 cable ****** that i've powershifted and banged gears in for 3 years straight and it still works absolutely fine, its been in my cousin's CRX for the past 14 months after it sat in my garage for a while.  "hey my 20 year old 4cyl ****** still works, how bout yours?"
tongue.gif

im really not surprised at this, with all these north american companies outsourcing production to other countries where labour is much cheaper.  it makes financial sense at the time and some of them get away with it, but some get bitten in the *+* like this case.  sucks that getrag has outsourced their transmission assembly too, i guess we wont be seeing anymore ******s like the indestructible mk4 supra 6spd.

at least i can make fun of the mustang guys now, i can show them my 1991 honda b16 cable ****** that i've powershifted and banged gears in for 3 years straight and it still works absolutely fine, its been in my cousin's CRX for the past 14 months after it sat in my garage for a while.  "hey my 20 year old 4cyl ****** still works, how bout yours?"
tongue.gif

This going to push people on the fence right into the front seat of their new Camaro SS.
I really feel bad for anyone that's having these types of problems after spending so much money.

I was looking at the Focus ST as a daily driver, but after reading this I'm staying with MOPAR.

This going to push people on the fence right into the front seat of their new Camaro SS.
I really feel bad for anyone that's having these types of problems after spending so much money.

I was looking at the Focus ST as a daily driver, but after reading this I'm staying with MOPAR.

Back
Top Bottom