twitch bans 2019 Streamer of the Year Dr. Disrespect

NT viewing has infiltrated My recommended IG posts :rofl: :rofl:

A0CAF5FD-DA5D-4A2F-BEF2-4CBACA47EFAB.jpeg

Gaming has been mainstream since the 90s. Not a single soul in here is debating whether or not GAMING is/isn't mainstream.

The convo is about ESports and specific Twitch gamers

I mean I agree the jokes are funny about Twitch, but I’m gonna keep it real, NT sounds old. Sounding like my parents when they didn’t understand MySpace. :lol:

Times have changed. This quarantine definitely pushed up a lot of the advertising dollars they can command, as you see.

I mean I agree the jokes are funny about Twitch, but I’m gonna keep it real, NT sounds old. Sounding like my parents when they didn’t understand MySpace. :lol:

Times have changed. This quarantine definitely pushed up a lot of the advertising dollars they can command, as you see.

how old are you? I’m 32. That DrDisrespect dudes looks 44

edit: he’s 38 :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:
IM

this isn’t an age thing. It’s a matter of personal preference

I've always watched gameplays and playthroughs on youtube and twitch is just a live version of that.

Streamer usually interacts with chat while playing the game.

chick in the 3rd video pretty as hell

Reactions: g14
Both MMA the sport and UFC the promotion aren't niche, Crossfit is niche. UFC was niche back when Pride was the bigger promotion than them and when Bob Sapp was the biggest global star in the sport. Yes, UFC currently doesn't have many global stars but there aren't too many mainstream sports that have tons of global stars outside of soccer and basketball

Honestly being a "real" sport doesn't even matter here.

MMA (UFC in particular) is considered a Niche Sport. It isn't one of the major sports of this county and It has been around going on 25 years. THere are a few mainstream stars that many can identify, ROusey, McGregory, Lesner, but again that is mostly by proximity of people that already watch sports.

Even during Rousey's peak, I would occasionally bring her up to people that probably didn't watch UFC and they didn't know who she was. This is a sport that has seen a Million PPV buys for a few events but again THAT doesn't make it a mainstream sport. It having a small(er) select audience, when compared to The Big 4 Sports, is what makes it a NIche sport.

In this country, if it isn't NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL and to a degree Tennis and Golf, your League is niche. It is what it is. It doesn't mean it can't be popular in a certain subset of the culture but it doesn't get the National attention of the MAJOR sports.

I never paid for a sporting event ticket. And I also never paid for cable. Besides, that’s an ATHLETIC talent. I’m not finna pay to WATCH someone push buttons and yell at a screen. At least athletes yell at each other in the physical.
You don't have to pay to watch twitch tho.......

the gaming COMMUNITY is mainstream. just cause you dont play video games it doesn't mean its not mainstream.

the last of us 2 just sold 4 million copies and yall really gonna tell me thats not mainstream? cmon son.

just cause yall old dudes DONT play video games doesn't mean everyone else isn't. god damn.
It sold 4 million...to people that play video games.

What part of this are y'all not getting?

And why are y'all taking it so personally?

30 isn't old lol. And I do play video games. Replaying LOU1 now.

Nobody ever, EVER said video games are niche. Said the viewing networks are. Twitch. We said the 'stars' are not mainstream.

You're still wrong.

YouTube is a viewing network, YouTube niche, too?

Go look up the stats on ESports growth, or remain ignorant on the subject, doesn't matter to me.

You also said ESports isn't bleeding into other markets, which is ridiculous.

You have gamers playing with NBA players/rappers, NASCAR is doing virtual races on FOX Sports.

Didn't Ninja have a damn SuperBowl commercial?

C'mon now.

how old are you? I’m 32. That DrDisrespect dudes looks 44

edit: he’s 38 :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:
IM

this isn’t an age thing. It’s a matter of personal preference
Perhaps, but we gotta acknowledge while it isn’t our personal preference, it isn’t niche. Not anymore.

I get the propensity to find humor in the idea of neckbeards in their mom’s basement, but ****** is buying houses and making livings off streaming themselves playing video games. It’s wild, but the world is changing quick.

Geez, outside of Gamers and teenage boys NOBODY knows who these people are, sorry.

Michael Jordan, LeBron, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kim Kardashian, Donald Trump, Kanye West, Tom Brady........those people are mainstream.

These twitch gamers are about as mainstream as Key Glock.

Back
Top Bottom