Tyler Hansborough in NBA: David Lee or Mark Madsen?

Had an argument with my roomate, he claims Tyler Hansborough will be a Mark Madsen in the league, I think he will be almost exactly like David Lee.

If you had to pick one who do you think he will be like (and not just in his rookie year)? Also throw in any other comparisons you have.

I don't get the Madsen/Najera comparisons.....Hansborough is WAY more offensively gifted than both of those guys. Comparing him to Madsen is a damn slap inthe face. He's not as athletic as David Lee, but I could see him scoring in double figures, and being close to averaging 10 boards per game at some pointin his NBA career. His greatest attribute is his drive. He's the type of guy that a lot of teams would love to have on their roster. I see him being aUdonis Haslem type of player on the next level.

hell no, don't ever compare him to David Lee
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

He isn't as half as athletic as David Lee...all of that turn and throw yourself into the defender nonsense ain't going to fly in the league.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't get the Madsen/Najera comparisons.....Hansborough is WAY more offensively gifted than both of those guys. Comparing him to Madsen is a damn slap in the face. He's not as athletic as David Lee, but I could see him scoring in double figures, and being close to averaging 10 boards per game at some point in his NBA career. His greatest attribute is his drive. He's the type of guy that a lot of teams would love to have on their roster. I see him being a Udonis Haslem type of player on the next level.
While he does share similar characteristics to Udonis, Haslem is still IMO one of the best defenders in the league.

I think he will be a role player. He will make way more money than me for a long time to score 6-10 points and pull down 4-8 rebounds.

why does his game have to be compared between 2 caucasian guys just because he himself is? i second the leon powe comment.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Apparently you all didn't watch Leon Powe at Cal....

i dont think anyone did since he was always hurt
laugh.gif

i dont see how comparing him to madsen is a slap in the face when he was like a 13 and 10 guy his last year at stanford

there is nothing about handjob that says Udonis Haslem NOTHING at all

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Apparently you all didn't watch Leon Powe at Cal....
Apparently you didn't comprehend the question. It was about who he best compares to in the NBA. And even now Leon ismore athletic than Hansborough but they do have a similar game.

Back
Top Bottom