TYSON GAY HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR ILLEGAL PERFORMANCE ENHANCING SUBSTANCES

[COLOR=#red]He's the last guy I thought would do that. Didn't he learn from Gatlin?Bolt got these dudes risking their careers to beat him :lol:[/COLOR]

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2013/07/14/tyson-gay-tests-positive-for-banned-substance

By PAT GRAHAM, Associated Press

American 100-meter record holder Tyson Gay has tested positive for a banned substance and says he will pull out of the world championships next month in Moscow.

Gay isn't revealing the substance, but he says he was notified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday that a sample came back positive from an out-of-competition test May 16. He says he will have his "B'' sample tested soon.

The 30-year-old Gay fought back sobs in a phone conversation Sunday from Amsterdam, saying: "I don't have a sabotage story. ... I basically put my trust in someone and was let down."

Gay was healthy again this season after being constantly plagued by hamstring and groin ailments, along with a surgically repaired hip. He won the 100 and 200 at nationals last month.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Track is like cycling to me

I'm not shocked anymore. I wouldn't be shocked by Usain.

Look at Campbell Brown last month.

Especially with his history of injuries and him getting up there in age. This was basically one last shot.

Track is like cycling to me

I'm not shocked anymore. I wouldn't be shocked by Usain.

Look at Campbell Brown last month.

Especially with his history of injuries and him getting up there in age. This was basically one last shot.

[COLOR=#red]I agree, it's more like who HASN'T juiced. And BTW with all due respect to the dead, I still think Flo-Jo was juicing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]^^^I guess you are right in some regards. But any public proclamation of her being on it was met with fierce resistance...so much so that nobody really pressed the issue. Then she died and it really became passé to mention it in open media. They protected her real good..."they" more than likely being the USATF[/COLOR]

Last edited:
This pisses me off soo much.

If Bolt ever comes out positive. Track will be dead.

Once again, I'm not surprised and this does nothing to taint the sport IMO. Gay is 30 and has had a ton of injuries yet he's running as good as he ever did, it was obvious from the jump. You think all these records are being set because humans got faster or drugs got better?

Between this and Blake being out the World Championships is ******.

:smh:

EDIT: Mind you this year's World Championships will be great with a lot of various stories, both the Men's and Women's 100 are taking big blows. No Tyson Gay, Yohan Blake, Veronica Campbell-Brown, and possibly Carmelita Jeter. All big names, all 100m World Champions (Gay - '07, VCB - '07, Blake - '11, Jeter - '11). Plus Gay and VCB are also 200m World Champions.

Last edited:
Bolt uses PED's too. Lets be real. He smokes guys that use PED's. you think he does so naturally?

Sucks...but after he beat Bolt recently, i figured he was up to no good...

Gay is the 2nd fastest man in history over 100m. Beating a less than 100% Bolt isn't really surprising.

The tests results are however.

Track is a mess at the moment. This is going to completely overshadow what goes down at the world championships.

Last edited:
Asafa Powell and 4 other Jamaicans just tested positive. :smh:

Sheesh, Powell was wasting his money, he should have spent that PED money on a sports psychologist.

Blake being injured now looks pretty strategic. This brings up the point, if everybody is juicing, how does that really take away from how great the sport is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom