U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

It is though

This isn't marijuana homie. You'll end up with generation after generation of addicts, is that really the answer?
Word Rilla, marijuana is one thing but legalizing coke is not an answer.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I live in San Antonio, TX im mad close. LOL
indifferent.gif
I live in El Paso, doyou know how many times I almost ended up in Juarez
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

COOLnificent could have been dead and y'all not know
frown.gif

i havent smoked reggie in soooooo long

im in fl...ive smoked that mexican dirt.. idk how they sell that %@%

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I live in San Antonio, TX im mad close. LOL
indifferent.gif
I live in El Paso, do you know how many times I almost ended up in Juarez
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

COOLnificent could have been dead and y'all not know
frown.gif
Yeah you need to be careful, because I hear the block is blazing hot in El Paso right now. If this makes it to Central Texas then wow...

if they wanted to stop them they would legalize it

Yes, legalizing cocaine is the best answer. Good job.

i wasnt hintin to coke, i was stickin to the MJ side of things

Coke i agree should stay illegal, but its just gonna stay a big problem and be a billion dollar industry

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

It is though

This isn't marijuana homie. You'll end up with generation after generation of addicts, is that really the answer?
ohwell.gif

People DESERVE the right to decide their own fate. Period. It's only natural. Nowhere in the wild is there a committee set up to keep predatory animalsfrom eating spotted prey. So by extension, I believe people who are dumb enough to choose to become drug addicts inthis world FULL of information and education deserve the right to do so. then the rest of us could live on without them..

I been trying to say how bad it's been for a minute... It's affecting my family and we aren't even involved in the drug trade.

I got family members getting death threats for God's sake...
smh.gif

So do any of you think it is too dangerous to go to mexico right now? i was suposed to go with my chick on friday to visit some of her family,do you think itsthat bad that we should just not go?

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

So do any of you think it is too dangerous to go to mexico right now? i was suposed to go with my chick on friday to visit some of her family,do you think its that bad that we should just not go?
DO NOT GO THERE...

Cops are corrupt, people are getting held for ransom & heads are getting chopped off.

Atleast that's just my suggestion.
laugh.gif

So do any of you think it is too dangerous to go to mexico right now? i was suposed to go with my chick on friday to visit some of her family,do you think its that bad that we should just not go?
Here's a ton of info regarding your question from the state department:
http://travel.state.gov/t...s_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

Do you know where exactly you are going? No place in Mexico is safe despite what everyone says. Stay in the tourist areas and do not go to any seedy parts oftown. I would advise against leaving the resort altogether. Kidnapping is the national sport and Americans bring in high ransoms. Its scary because you havegovernment officials on both sides of the fence.

my chick told me that when her brothers went last year that the cops stopped them and wanted money or they were gona throw them in jail.i thought she was justplaying but i guess it really is bad out there. stuff like that is the reason i stay home and dont go anywhere. i forgot where she said we were gona go but iaint down with getting kidnapped this weekend.

I'm sorry but I'm not cynical enough or pansy enough to be afraid of a whole country at once. I might be afraid of their military or their watersupply or something else specific but advice like, "No place in Mexico is safe despite what everyone says" just makes me laugh.I'm too me-issh to be afraid to be somewhere in my own skin off principle alone. YEah, i know there are tougher Mexicans than me. There'stougher Americans than me. That's still no reason to walk in fear.

my chick told me that when her brothers went last year that the cops stopped them and wanted money or they were gona throw them in jail.i thought she was just playing but i guess it really is bad out there. @%% like that is the reason i stay home and dont go anywhere.
laugh.gif
@ thinking they were playin'...

Is it dangerous to go to Cabo at this point? I'm supposed to be going in 2 weeks, but does anyone have any info on Cabo San Lucas as a destination point atthis time? Help is appreciated

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I'm sorry but I'm not cynical enough or pansy enough to be afraid of a whole country at once. I might be afraid of their military or their water supply or something else specific but advice like, "No place in Mexico is safe despite what everyone says" just makes me laugh. I'm too me-issh to be afraid to be somewhere in my own skin off principle alone. YEah, i know there are tougher Mexicans than me. There's tougher Americans than me. That's still no reason to walk in fear.
You gotta look at it from my point of view G. Some bad #*## has been happening to my family down in SD. It's not some thing I just saw onTV... So I can't in good conscience suggest anyone go down there.

I'm sorry but I'm not cynical enough or pansy enough to be afraid of a whole country at once. I might be afraid of their military or their water supply or something else specific but advice like, "No place in Mexico is safe despite what everyone says" just makes me laugh. I'm too me-issh to be afraid to be somewhere in my own skin off principle alone. YEah, i know there are tougher Mexicans than me. There's tougher Americans than me. That's still no reason to walk in fear.

QFT...

go to Mexico and your %*@ better have some fun.....and if you happen to have a U.S. soccer jersey I suggest you wear that.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

You gotta look at it from my point of view G. Some bad #*## has been happening to my family down in SD. It's not some thing I just saw on TV... So I can't in good conscience suggest anyone go down there.
That's real #*$% then and I respect it.

Originally Posted by CPG33

Is it dangerous to go to Cabo at this point? I'm supposed to be going in 2 weeks, but does anyone have any info on Cabo San Lucas as a destination point at this time? Help is appreciated

cabo is safe....do you know how far away cabo is from sinaloa, juarez, and nuevo leon?

idk if many remember, i made the thread few days back about me going to cancun this spring break.. update:canceled trip.

for the dude who asked about cabo, imo i would stay out of all areas of mexico, to me its not worth the risk.

I can see everyone's argument on legalization of drugs, but I doubt that legalizing some drugs is going to stop the cartels. If there isn't an obsceneprofit in drugs, then they'll move to other illegal business models that present high profits. Human trafficking, prostitution, designer drugs,kidnapping,murder for hire, etc.

I don't think that the cartels are the antithesis of the war on drugs, but rather organizations that are opportunistic on high profit illegal trade.Drugsjust happen to be that trade right now.

Originally Posted by duerr

I can see everyone's argument on legalization of drugs, but I doubt that legalizing some drugs is going to stop the cartels. If there isn't an obscene profit in drugs, then they'll move to other illegal business models that present high profits. Human trafficking, prostitution, designer drugs, kidnapping,murder for hire, etc.

I don't think that the cartels are the antithesis of the war on drugs, but rather organizations that are opportunistic on high profit illegal trade.Drugs just happen to be that trade right now.
QFT

If it's not one thing, it'll be another...

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

It is though

ohwell.gif

People DESERVE the right to decide their own fate. Period. It's only natural. Nowhere in the wild is there a committee set up to keep predatory animals from eating spotted prey. So by extension, I believe people who are dumb enough to choose to become drug addicts in this world FULL of information and education deserve the right to do so. then the rest of us could live on without them..

We would if we could. The problem is they live WITH us, making our neighborhoods and communities unsafe. Keeping cocaine illegal is not keeping"predatory animals from eating spotted prey". It's attempting to prevent the creation of more predatory animals. Crackhead = predatory animal. You and your car stereo = prey.

Back
Top Bottom