U-Verse Vs. Comcast? Who's had them?

anyone ever have experience with both of these at some point?

pros and cons for each?

As of now, im doing some research for my folks who wanting to switch to either one, what their looking for is cable and internet, and basically which one is the cheapest one.

any info on either of these would be appreciated! as for now im trying to see what each offer, and if my parents will even use the features

Check to see if people around you have good U-Verse service before you sign up. I know many people who are technically eligible, but if they are too far from a DSLAM/CO your downstream could be 1.5mbps max rendering the service useless. Sometimes they send several techs to verify this, but just to save the time and future headaches, ask around. 

30t6p3b.gif
this is giving me a headache

might just be easier to call and tell them how many rooms and how much its actually going to be after 6 months

my girlfriends parents first paid $100 for comcast, then they were raised to 120, then 150
30t6p3b.gif

Comcast is the worst! Expensive and horrible lineup. I would go with DirectTV.

I love U-Verse. No complaints. Always got free specials. It's awesome to me.

PO

i got comcast 15mps for 29.99

and the comcast cable with free hbo for 29.99 too

she got the price raised because they didnt cancel and reorder, you can do it after your special ends

ATT internet is slow, super slow.
Comcast is mehhh, but shoutout to Tide619 for looking out for Bay Area NTers.

AT&T is terrible. So many problems with them that it had me wondering if they did it on purpose. Now just have direct tv and comcast for phone and Internet.

I switched from ATT to Comcast for internet. I have not looked back since. Not only was my internet slow (I was paying for 3.0mpgs and getting half that), it would go out on me from time to time. It was irritating to deal with. Also, I hated dealing with ATT customer service.

i huge con of u verse is the fact that you may not ever get it, they only allow a certain amount of people from the area to get it, meaning in your 50 house neighborhood only 20 people can have the service the other 30 are sol

If you're really meticulous about your internet speed and service / television set up than at&t. Comcast is cheaper and affordable, and actually just as good now with their xinfinity. However, At&t has crappy on crappy customer service as well as comcast, and at&t experiences outages if not set up right. So make sure the cable man does a new digital setup and no coaxial ##*!%%$$ . I am a U-Verse user and i love my digital dvr box setup along with my 12mbs internet . It is good for everything i do and runs efficient, but it took me awhile for them to do their job right due to my neighborhood.

If you can avoid it, try using Surewest internet along with U-verse tv. Because the 2wire dsl router At&t provides is ABSOLUTE crap. With surewest, you can use your own router along with manual configuration. At&t 2wire boxes limit so much it is almost depressing....

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by nosoLe

If you're really meticulous about your internet speed and service / television set up than at&t. Comcast is cheaper and affordable, and actually just as good now with their xinfinity. However, At&t has crappy on crappy customer service as well as comcast, and at&t experiences outages if not set up right. So make sure the cable man does a new digital setup and no coaxial ##*!%%$$ . I am a U-Verse user and i love my digital dvr box setup along with my 12mbs internet . It is good for everything i do and runs efficient, but it took me awhile for them to do their job right due to my neighborhood.

If you can avoid it, try using Surewest internet along with U-verse tv. Because the 2wire dsl router At&t provides is ABSOLUTE crap. With surewest, you can use your own router along with manual configuration. At&t 2wire boxes limit so much it is almost depressing....

Hope that helps!

you got that backwards famb.

stick to a cable company for cable tv.

i dont care how much comcast is. comcast in northern california ever since they launched xfinity > all

Bros,

Stick with Comcast, don't even think about using slow AT&T. Look at it like this bros, AT&T is HUGE bro huger then my b...... never mind anyways they were once these baby bells such as Pacific Bell, South Western bell ETC etc... then American Telephone & Telegraph corp comes and starts scooping them up. Soon you have this huge monopoly that has all these customers, I mean it's HUGE, almost huger then my bo......... never mind.

So you have this huge company that's all over the united states, with all these customers that have been with them since they were bells, and sbc and all that other crap. A lot of people don't like change, and will never leave AT&T, and this is why AT&T will always have crappy slow mediocre internet, and services because they really don't need to change, no one will really do anything about it. Put them into Bells again, and they'll be ATT again <3

Peace Brothers,

-Jacob

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Thanks for the shout. Had to chime in on this discussion.. 
I've worked for Comcast for 2 years now and I've heard people say they love it and hate AT&T, and vice versa. I'm not going to try and sell you on Comcast since I work for the company so there's an automatic bias. My suggestion: get in touch with a local rep for your area for either service provider and see if they can hook you up some how. I've helped out several NTers (Bay Area)

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Thanks for the shout. Had to chime in on this discussion.. 
I've worked for Comcast for 2 years now and I've heard people say they love it and hate AT&T, and vice versa. I'm not going to try and sell you on Comcast since I work for the company so there's an automatic bias. My suggestion: get in touch with a local rep for your area for either service provider and see if they can hook you up some how. I've helped out several NTers (Bay Area)

Tide,
It's the truth bro, My dad was a lawyer for Pacific Bell for a long time. We had Pacific Bell everything, internet, phone, toilet paper, milk lol. Then they switched to Att and slowly they just started to suck way more then this chick I went to college with, or my ex whose a **#!@. Anyways, finally I had to just look into my heart, and decided to switch to comcast (this is after I became a big kid and started paying for things on my own, even though I got a great ATT discount). Comcast internet is the truth, they're always running fast, and I can play madden with no lag.

Go Comcast!

Peace Out,

-Jacob

the only thing i hate about comcast in my area is that they took away vh1 soul and replaced it with garbage *@% centric
mad.gif
 theres only so many times you can watch A Team and Soul Train
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

What city are you in OP? Your parents should be able to get cable and internet for $80.

Bayarea, san jose area

I think ill be going with comcast, my cousins co-workers were aso complaining about u-verse

Tide i might be hitting you up with a PM about some questions i might have!

I have uverse. They lack channels (the more you pay the more channels you get) but their service is great. And so is their customer service. They always have promotions running. So if you think your bill is high,
call them and they will give you the current promotion. Usually 20 bucks off your bill for 6 months.

I had U-Verse loved it because all the HD CHANNELS most other cable companies lack.
I now I have Fios (by far best internet of all the major companies). They also have LOTS of HD channels.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

I had U-Verse loved it because all the HD CHANNELS most other cable companies lack.
I now I have Fios (by far best internet of all the major companies). They also have LOTS of HD channels.

Sad part, FIOS is not offered everywhere. 

Uverse Internet > Comcast Internet

Uverse Picture Quality < Comcast Picture Quality

U-verse limits how many HD streams you can receive to your HOME. That was a non-starter for me.

Back
Top Bottom