Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

My nephew is special needs and in 10th grade. He tries to text me during class time and I’m always having to remind him to put away his phone. Not sure he’s told anything by the teachers but he has gotten in trouble when his “shadow” catches him. School is pretty much just babysitting him at this stage, not sure how much learning he actually does. I’m just grateful he can read and somewhat write. Zero math skills though.

if you dont mind sharing, what is his diagnosis?

Depends on the school you're at and the context.

I've seen kids get the paws put on them and the teacher be back at school the next day. But that's not a school you wanna work at.

Kid for sure deserved that beating, every time I see those videos I know the kid deserved it.

Based off what?

Not talking about putting hands, but just teachers are told to not even file and report these instances. Whether it be truancy or failing grades at times. Essentially, letting students do whatever and passing them so they are not held back.

Based off what?

In THAT video posted above, it looked like overkill but in general. Working around children 9/10 when I see a teacher go off physically, I tend to "understand."

Sue me. But anyone that works in the field understands. Everyone has their breaking point. Kids talk reckless and do/say things they wouldn't do/say if they weren't inside those school walls.

Again, school being such a FALSE sense of reality might be one of my biggest issues with school period. Nothing these kids do inside school translates to the real world.

Not saying it's the "RIGHT" thing to do.

Last edited:
In THAT video posted above, it looked like overkill but in general. Working around children 9/10 when I see a teacher go off physically, I tend to "understand."

Sue me. But anyone that works in the field understands. Everyone has their breaking point. Kids talk reckless and do/say things they wouldn't do/say if they weren't inside those school walls.

Again, school being such a FALSE sense of reality might be one of my biggest issues with school period. Nothing these kids do inside school translates to the real world.

I don’t work in education so it’s obviously not gonna be a perfect 1:1 comparison, but healthcare is rife with patients that talk reckless and do reckless things. I’ve seen patients throw full urinals at nurses and CNAs. I’ve seen patients assault staff members. At no point in time did I ever see any staff member retaliate and at no point would I ever “understand” outside of pure self defense.

You’re supposed to be the professional in these situations. Letting pre-teens get under your skin that much is embarrassing.

You’re supposed to be the professional in these situations. Letting pre-teens get under your skin that much is embarrassing.
rick-ross-nope.gif

It's a lot to ask a kid who looks like he's 21 at most to be "professional"

He's still a kid himself.

Constantly being called a racial slur and/or threatened by someone will make you snap at some point.

I got out of teaching in the first three months because I knew I woulda ended up on the 6pm news beating some kid's *** :lol:

People be seeing this and thinking it’s a one day thing. Nah this is a result of multiple days of pushing the envelope.

Kid ****** around and found out.

I wasn’t sure if there was a backstory leading up to the incident or not. So the consensus is in certain situations you can beat the brakes off a kid but in others you shouldn’t

I wasn’t sure if there was a backstory leading up to the incident or not. So the consensus is in certain situations you can beat the brakes off a kid but in others you shouldn’t

Oh nah it’s never “ok” dude for sure fired probably getting charges pressed.

Only time I’ve seen people get away with it is when they’re tryna break up a fight and a kid swing. Then you’re allowed to use reasonable force to protect yourself. That man clearly went outside that he was wrong. That doesn’t mean the kid didn’t deserve it.

Only time I’ve seen people get away with it is when they’re tryna break up a fight and a kid swing. Then you’re allowed to use reasonable force to protect yourself. That man clearly went outside that he was wrong. That doesn’t mean the kid didn’t deserve it.

Agreed. Even sometimes splitting up fights and defending yourself is questionable unfortunately (in the eyes of the school board). They give these kids too much leniency

High functioning Autistic. They have him in some regular classes with a guardian/shadow to make sure the other kids don’t bully him or upset the teacher with interruptions.

Gotcha. Preciate you for sharing, thats what I assumed. My Son is autistic, super young though, but I always like to hear bout folks who are a lot older and how they act/function so I can kinda get some insight.

So with this theory, if a 6’1” 190+ pound kid puts his hands on a teacher who is much smaller. Let’s say under 5’8” and under 175lbs, the teacher should just eat the punches??

We’ve also GOT to stop putting one teacher in a class of 25+ kids.

There should be one or two teaching assistants present in each classroom.

It’s a challenge for one person to try and control 30 kids

I don’t work in education so it’s obviously not gonna be a perfect 1:1 comparison, but healthcare is rife with patients that talk reckless and do reckless things. I’ve seen patients throw full urinals at nurses and CNAs. I’ve seen patients assault staff members. At no point in time did I ever see any staff member retaliate and at no point would I ever “understand” outside of pure self defense.

… that same preteen is going grow up thinking it’s okay to talk to people any kind of way or out his hands people with no retribution…..

“Yeah, let’s, let kids talk to or put their hands on people with NO repercussions” maybe they’ll grow out it when they get older.

Nah, that doesn’t work.

In the “real world” that kid could’ve potentially been shot or killed for doing that. Again, America does a poor job of training kids for life BEYOND the classroom.

Etiquette, conduct, how to behave yourself in public settings, etc. nobody even cares anymore.

This country puts more pressure on educators, than parents. Any parent with a conscience knows if they have a bad kid. Honestly, those type of parents love to pass their kids off to educators just because they don’t want the responsibility.

Parents need to be held just as accountable as these teachers.

Again, I’d rather that kid get put in his place someway, somehow by a TEACHER, Instructor, or some school personnel then in a real life situation that can get him put in jail or worse, dead.

So with this theory, if a 6’1” 190+ pound kid puts his hands on a teacher who is much smaller. Let’s say under 5’8” and under 175lbs, the teacher should just eat the punches??

We’ve also GOT to stop putting one teacher in a class of 25+ kids.

There should be one or two teaching assistants present in each classroom.

It’s a challenge for one person to try and control 30 kids

I clearly said in my post you can defend yourself. I'm a teacher, but once the kid was on the ground to keep swinging that's beyond defending yourself.

Also I agree but until America wants to pay teaching assistants more than like 25k annually. Who's going to take that type of high stress job for that little but of money?

Last edited:
In the “real world” that kid could’ve potentially been shot or killed for doing that. Again, America does a poor job of training kids for life BEYOND the classroom.

Etiquette, conduct, how to behave yourself in public settings, etc. nobody even cares anymore.

Again, I’d rather that kid get put in his place someway, somehow by a TEACHER, Instructor, or some school personnel then in a real life situation that can get him put in jail or worse, dead.

A lot of this falls on parents. A lot of people shouldn't be parents.

Same way everyone doesn't need to own a pet.

I clearly said in my post you can defend yourself. I'm a teacher, but once the kid was on the ground to keep swinging that's beyond defending yourself.

Also I agree but until America wants to pay teaching assistants like 25k annually. Who's going to take that type of high stress job for that little but of money?

My bad. Gotcha! So we agree

… that same preteen is going grow up thinking it’s okay to talk to people any kind of way or out his hands people with no retribution…..

“Yeah, let’s, let kids talk to or put their hands on people with NO repercussions” maybe they’ll grow out it when they get older.

Nah, that doesn’t work.
Maybe there’s some form of consequence that exists between violence and absolutely nothing?

I’m old enough that widespread corporal punishment was still a thing when I was in elementary school in Houston. Back then it was “opt out”: if you didn’t want your kids to get paddled you signed a form saying you’d come in and handle it.

I remember one day I got in trouble and they couldn’t reach my mom. I nearly fell out of my chair when they said my dad was on the way. My mom was anti corporal punishment for them, too, and I was pretty sure my dad wasn’t going to discipline me with violence. But I was just as sure that after taking him away from work, I’d be wishing the teacher had just paddled me.

Back
Top Bottom