UCSD??? Should I go??

It seems like most people dont think to high of uc san diego....I was thinking about maybe going to school there because its in san diego....Can anyone tell me if its a good school to go to....and I'm not really talking about academics...I'm talking about basically the student life, girls, etc...
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Iverson, Camby, Smith, Evans, Blake, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Diawara​

SoCal...great weather, so when the spring comes the Uggs go away and the mini skirts come to play. LaJolla is a great location and the beaches are nice. The living expenses are a bit high, LaJolla is a rich area of San Diego.

Seriously, you shouldn't be judging a UC system based on the lifestyle, you're there to get an education. But if counts, Bobby Hundreds went there, so you too can start a lucrative streetwear clothing brand after graduation.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. For whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both. For a wounded man will say it his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.​

:lol:
laugh.gif

Well, the academics are definitely very good IMO, especially if you're a science/engineering major. Grades aren't too hard to get as long as if you work hard enough.

Student life-it really depends on who you get to know (your suitemates, etc.) but more than likely you'll end up with a bunch of doTa gamers which is what happened with me :lol:
laugh.gif
, and some people here are REALLY weird :smh:
smh.gif
well i guess it could be because i'm an engineering major but still. i guess it could be the case at most schools. however there are parties that go down all the time but u gotta know where to look for them, if drinking like crazy/getting high is your thing. me personally i'm more into just getting buzzed and hanging out, so i'm definitely not that hardcore partier, but i'm not liking that the people around me are just bland.

Girls- there's the joke that like 9 out of 10 san diego girls are hot, but the 10th one goes to UCSD or something like that...so don't expect EVERY girl in your class to be hot. in a lecture hall of 300 or so, and after lookin around for a bit, i've been able to spot like at MAX 5 :wow:
eek.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

you should come to Sun God Festival next friday (5/18/07) and get a taste of the "student life"

hey i am going to be attending as a freshman next year. so far this post has been informative for me and maybe anyone who goes there can leave some advice/tips or PM me. that'd be cool. thanks a lot.

Quote:
Girls- there's the joke that like 9 out of 10 san diego girls are hot, but the 10th one goes to UCSD or something like that...so don't expect EVERY girl in your class to be hot. in a lecture hall of 300 or so, and after lookin around for a bit, i've been able to spot like at MAX 5 ones. and the sad thing is most of them are probably already taken. there are some girls that are okay to be honest but i'm scared this is cuz i got triton eyes, goddamnit.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Iverson, Camby, Smith, Evans, Blake, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Diawara​

hell to the no...you'll hate it, trust me. If you're somewhat a cool, social person...you won't like. Too many people are too stuck up and too nerdy. I never liked the vibe of that campus when I walked thru it...

What are your other choices?
TEAM BIOLOGY
official rosterrawsheed, nawth21, bluexsneakerhead
sheed + b. supremacy = hubby + wifey​

Quote:
Too many people are too stuck up and too nerdy.
s laughing and looking at me hoping i'd laugh too. so i'm like "heh heh yeah"

And in my classes, there are always those stuck up kids who raise their hands tryina show they're the @#%$. But, there are some cool people down here, I've met some really chill down-to-earth people too, but not too many of them.
Team49ers

Word man..and I am sorry to have read that you got "Triton Vision"

Thinking a girl is a 10 when in reality she's a 6...such a shame.

I also met some friendly people too but not even a lot..just a handful.
TEAM BIOLOGY

Yea I was just asking cuz they want me to go there to hoop...but idk bout it cuz it seems like everyone on here hates it
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

^ at least you're able to get to the beach within 5 minutes.

i don't go there, but like they said.. every time i go down to visit, majority of the people seem stuck up.
and if you're getting an apartment. there won't be much of a total "college experience."
so you can just attend ucsd for the education, but socialize with all the sdsu people.
TEAM BELLOBLOCK!

looking for:
vnds/ds am95s in sz 8-8.5
vnds/ds 3s & 4s in sz 8

i think you should take our criticisms of the school with a grain of salt though...it's a great academic school with a lacking social life, but it's kind of like the whole "college is what you make of it" thing. the people are weird, yeah. so just try to associate with the ppl you share interests with, and you can make it easier on urself. just don't expect parties all the time (well maybe cuz I'm in Warren), but I know that other colleges (Muir/ERC) are a little better in terms of social life. And BTW ERC actually has some pretty good looking girls, but the key word there is some. but that's better than none :D
happy.gif
Team49ers

Quote:
Yea I was just asking cuz they want me to go there to hoop...but idk bout it cuz it seems like everyone on here hates it
TEAM BIOLOGY

Quote:
The gym is real nice, but I heard the team is weak. But if you're playing ball there then you oughtta just take a tour and see for yourself.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Personally, I was choosing between UCSD and a few other schools. In terms of the school itself, the academics are great and the location is great. San Diego is a great city and La Jolla is unbelievable. The weather is great. As for the campus though, I felt like it was too spread out and isolated. I also didn't feel like there was a lot of school spirit or anything. I ended up not choosing UCSD but I would have gone had the campus been tighter. That was pretty much its only negative for me. I love San Diego and would love to live there after I graduate.
TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Richardson

it can be worse, you can be at UCR or UCD...

UCSD + = Great academics, Parking isn't bad, Great Mexican Food Near By, PB, Gaslamp District, Convoy if you want the Asian Thing, No lines at the AMC theatre near by, great dorm food, Earl's Place, weather (Spring Summer), radio stations play better music

UCSD - = Dating life (You might have to exit campus to continue the dating game), campuses spread out, weather (Winter can get foggy and rainy)

how far is la jolla from sd...(or is la jolla pretty much sd??)
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

la jolla i believe is 10 minutes from actual SD. it's just a crazy rich neighborhood in general, so if you wanna go to the real part of San Diego you'll definitely need to drive or take a bus (assuming you're on campus).
Team49ers

Back
Top Bottom